anquan boldin a 49er.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The slb and both safeties will be upgraded.
I am hoping they get reid or elam but this is a deep safety class so not worried there.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The slb and both safeties will be upgraded.
I am hoping they get reid or elam but this is a deep safety class so not worried there.

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
I love this move for San Fran. They only give up a 6th rounder for a proven veteran. This is a great move. Boldin has never been a speedster-he catches the ball while covered. He is one of the toughest players in the NFL as well.

3XC

Big Truss
Its not question of production or effectiveness, at all. Its just a salary dump.

Boldin was highly, highly effective. He manhandled New Englands secondary and was huge in the Super Bowl. That third and 1 conversion was an enormous play, and he beat his man by outmuscling him for the ball. How many NFL receivers make that play? Or understand the audible and what Flacco wanted? Brandon Marshall does, Fitz does, Megatron, probably Vincent Jackson, probably Bowe, oh am I making a top ten list of big bodied receivers?

Boldin is a beast. Period. This is a huge pickup for SF who gets not only a phenomenally tough and intelligent slot receiver (played with a broken jaw, are you kidding me?) but a mature leader with no baggage. Boldin is atypical for WRs in that he is a team first guy and was always content wherever he was, whether it was being Larry Fitzgeralds second banana or being underutilized his first couple years in Baltimore with a young QB and run first offense.

Farewell Q you were phenomenal and Ravens fans will always fondly remember you. You sealed your time in M&T with a bow and should you return at some point expect a standing ovation.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
Bmore don't even need Lewis, Reed, Boldin. Falco will be the savior.

tumblr_ltap5sjOFC1qd6kw4o1_5001.jpg

3XC

Big Truss
Already won a ring, can wash out of the league tonight and would still be considered the best pick of the 08 Draft.

lulz, haters.

3XC

Big Truss
6th round pick > outright release

The Niners have 14 picks. To only ask for and get a 6th when they have fistfuls of middle round picks, and with Harvin getting a 1st, 3rd, and 7th, thats obscene.

Third rounder woulda been better, SF had Baltimore over a barrel. How do they have that much cap space?

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
The Niners have 14 picks. To only ask for and get a 6th when they have fistfuls of middle round picks, and with Harvin getting a 1st, 3rd, and 7th, thats obscene.

Third rounder woulda been better, SF had Baltimore over a barrel. How do they have that much cap space?

Not to mention that Harbaugh isn't fond of rookies anyways. With that many picks it isn't likely whoever they took with that pick would have even made the team.

3XC

Big Truss
this is why the NFL sucks and is super great at the same time.

I cry about baseball and how ridiculous it is that the Dodgers and Marlins are in the same league and competing for the same pennant. Its absurd, I mean, English soccer has like the same 4 teams in contention every year and 20 also-rans, every damn year, its totally unfair.

Here we have the salary cap in full display. A championship team is dismantled and sells off important role players, which is supposed to happen, and Cleveland has like 50 mil in cap space, which is also supposed to happen. How does SF have that much cap room though? Its amazing.

I'm a Ravens fan and yes, my favorite team is getting diminished by the NFLs cap but I still support it. It rewards good drafting and savvy GMs, you can't just buy titles. Leagues without a cap are bogus and MLB is the perfect example. Loria should have his team taken from him and what the Dodgers are doing is pretty unfair, I would sooner see the Yankees win the WS in 2013 than LA. Which is like choosing which child molester to root for in a prison yard sissy shank fight.

3XC

Big Truss
They wanted him at 3.8 mil, his salary is 6 mil but his cap hit is higher, like 8 something.

3XC

Big Truss
You know whats way funnier than your ****ty memes? Mike Tomlin being the worst head coach in the league. Thats way funnier.

1-5 in the division next year with 2 losses to Baltimore, 2 losses to Cincy, and a home/home split with Cleveland. Thats also pretty funny.

Is it time to talk about the 70s yet?

smashmouth 1200

a tout le monde
And what's the ravens gonna do without the spiritual leadership of a murderous man? I see the ravens finishing 7-9 next season mark it down.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Well... I believe the 49ers just won the SB next season.. Even though the season is still 6 months away.

We'll see.. but getting Boldin for a 6th round pick is pretty unbelievable.
The 49ers as other teams in the same division have been building for years to this point and because of that... The NFC West is no joke now. All the teams are good in this Div.. except for the Cardinals of course. ;) :p

3XC

Big Truss
Niners loading up but Seattle is good enough to win the NFC outright.

I'm not worried about the Ravens losing Ray Lewis, he was old and slow and hurt, much more worried about losing Ed Reed. Boldin was a FA who came and went. Krueger is a role player who played 9 good games in 3 seasons and Ellerbe is staying put. Ozzie will draft well because he's a great GM and great talent evaluator. Baltimore has picks for once, and will get a tackle at 32 and is set up to continue to succeed.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Niners loading up but Seattle is good enough to win the NFC outright.

I'm not worried about the Ravens losing Ray Lewis, he was old and slow and hurt, much more worried about losing Ed Reed. Boldin was a FA who came and went. Krueger is a role player who played 9 good games in 3 seasons and Ellerbe is staying put. Ozzie will draft well because he's a great GM and great talent evaluator. Baltimore has picks for once, and will get a tackle at 32 and is set up to continue to succeed.

Not having Boldin now opens up quite a bit of cap space. Maybe they keep Ed Reed. Curious on who Flacco is going to throw too now?

3XC

Big Truss
Curious as to who Flacco will throw to? Pitta, Smith, Ray Rice. How curious could you be Ray Rice has like 400 career receptions.

Marshenko

Now that Boldin is gone, all of those guys will be tripled, and Flacco will have to force the ball to Ed Dickson in wide-open coverage.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Curious as to who Flacco will throw to? Pitta, Smith, Ray Rice. How curious could you be Ray Rice has like 400 career receptions.

Did Pitta or Smith win them that SB ring? Nope.. Boldin did.

Ray Rice - 59 yards on the ground. Avg - 3 yards per carry.
Frank Gore - 110 @ 5.8 per carry.

Rice made a small contribution but nearly as impactful as Boldins.

So.. Who won that SB for them besides Flacco and Boldin?

Which leads me back to the OG question with a little accented aspect: Who are they going to throw to now that will be as good as Boldin?

3XC

Big Truss
Jacoby Jones is the WR2 you ****ing retard. Ever heard of him? He had some big plays last year.

#explainingthingstoGio.

Marshenko

I thought I was still ignoring him. Its difficult to watch a one-sided conversation, but I'm trying to remain steadfast.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Jacoby Jones is the WR2 you ****ing retard. Ever heard of him? He had some big plays last year.

#explainingthingstoGio.

Do you think Jacoby Jones is as good as Boldin?

and keep in mind.. I think Jacoby is a good WR.

teamriot38

UNKNOWNachilles
niners build their team like seattle is doing now, great draft picks and defense first. I love teams that build like that, not teams that go out and buy the best available.