Bass Homerun Showdown Jeff Hall vs. Canseco Video has arrived!

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Sorry to bust your bubble but it was put together in just a couple of days and bass jumped at the challenge by jose.
Give them credit, they saw an oppertunity and jumped on it.

sorry I don't buy that, either way I give them credit for getting people to talk about Bass, good or bad people are talking.

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Three things I learned from this video:

1) It's funny how Jose makes JH look small. Whatever he's taking, it's working.
2) I knew Bass had a horrible graphic designer. I didn't think anything could be worse than their bat graphics until I saw those horrible jackets.
3) If you're going to fly your two poster-children out to make a commercial, using an iphone camera to film it is apparently GTG.

He's still smaller than his final years in the MLB. You see that with a lot of retired bodybuilders. When they've been huge for so many years it's not hard for them to maintain a little less mass on hormone replacement therapy.

LazerShowMike

Banned User
Like I said in my posts last week, anyone who didn't believe there were talks going on before these shenanigans went down in Alabama is naive. Jeff said it twice, "this is the first time I have had a chance to hit with Canseco and I am looking forward to it this year". The new "bash brothers". It was all a marketing ploy. Anyone who actually believes there wasn't communication before the day they flew canseco out is naive, just not how business works.

I am sure there was communication about signing Jose, but honestly I think they wanted to see if he could hit. Jose is a big name and could probably sell bats, but it is important that he can swing and represent Bass. Talks were in place, but the trip was all about seeing if he could hit.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
If it was just a publicity stunt they would have taken their time and really put together a show.
For such short notice this was a good deal for everyone who likes to see the long ball.

so your saying they decided to sign Jose that morning right before the event and create the new bash brothers as they call it?

LazerShowMike

Banned User
so your saying they decided to sign Jose that morning right before the event and create the new bash brothers as they call it?

I think they wanted to sign him the whole time, but it was all dependent on if he could hit. Once they saw he could hit, it was just a matter of paper work.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
I think they wanted to sign him the whole time, but it was all dependent on if he could hit. Once they saw he could hit, it was just a matter of paper work.

And thats fine and I have always been a JC fan..but thats not what I get out of it...the way that JH talks at the end is the deal is already done and was done on the field..which makes this a publicized BP session..

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
I am sure there was communication about signing Jose, but honestly I think they wanted to see if he could hit. Jose is a big name and could probably sell bats, but it is important that he can swing and represent Bass. Talks were in place, but the trip was all about seeing if he could hit.

I can agree with that, I just don't think it was spur of the moment thing. Maybe I am just being too cynical and I can admit that. Good or bad it is just an opinion of what I think happened. I personally am not bashing Bass, I just wonder if the portrayal of how the derby came about is accurate.

Tbrix26

Part Time Player
Lasershow mike is on the right track on how things went down, when we contacted jose about taking him up on his challenge and he accepted of course the topic of him coming to Bass came into play. There were talks before they hit but this was still put together in 2 days, we contacted him on sunday and hit on weds. A lot was of the decisions about if he would come to Bass came down to how he hit. The dude can mash, thats all there is to it.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans

And thats fine and I have always been a JC fan..but thats not what I get out of it...the way that JH talks at the end is the deal is already done and was done on the field..which makes this a publicized BP session..

That is all Martell and I are saying, it was premeditated for whatever reason.
But I am pretty sure they knew Canseco could hit, he was a professional athlete at the highest level and has the skill set, he just needs work to make it a true softball swing.

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Lasershow mike is on the right track on how things went down, when we contacted jose about taking him up on his challenge and he accepted of course the topic of him coming to Bass came into play. There were talks before they hit but this was still put together in 2 days, we contacted him on sunday and hit on weds. A lot was of the decisions about if he would come to Bass came down to how he hit. The dude can mash, thats all there is to it.

Cool I will buy that. Now return my PM please:)

honda700xx

Manager

Does this mean your not going to do a bat deal with Wendell Rickard?????

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
Jeff Hall sucking off Canseco... what a **** video !! No doubt these 2 guys can hit it a long way, but do we have to hear them talk ??