Bass Homerun Showdown Jeff Hall vs. Canseco Video has arrived!

Ben_Johnson41

The Gr8est Show on Dirt™
This wasn't really worth all the hype and wait...Can't even see the ball once it's 10' away from the bat and all but about 2 swings looked like homeruns to me in the video.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Maybe not beat him..total wise..but I would be curious how much
more distance he would have got. Then again, how much more than
530' do you need?
:D

530 feet? How would you know? Because JH sez so? Would have been nice to actually see where the balls went after being hit.

Brian#29

That Guy!
Like this combo or not, I think it will bring a lot of attention to softball. Put em in the LH Bomber Tour and they'll generate a buzz. Even the people that hate Jose will still come to see if he can hit it or not. A Win Win for Bass and Mens softball.

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
530 feet? How would you know? Because JH sez so? Would have been nice to actually see where the balls went after being hit.

Don't know for sure. I wasn't there nor could you see the balls in
the video. Just taking there word for it. Even if his estimate/guess
was 50' off, 480' is not too shabby;)

Longball 28

Repping the Vinci
Lasershow mike is on the right track on how things went down, when we contacted jose about taking him up on his challenge and he accepted of course the topic of him coming to Bass came into play. There were talks before they hit but this was still put together in 2 days, we contacted him on sunday and hit on weds. A lot was of the decisions about if he would come to Bass came down to how he hit. The dude can mash, thats all there is to it.

Funny, cause a couple ball distributors were on here in another thread talking about how they got a call 5 days ahead of time looking for them to supply balls for this event. How is that?

Trumpball was there and confirmed how far the longest one that Jose and Hallsy hit...

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Funny, cause a couple ball distributors were on here in another thread talking about how they got a call 5 days ahead of time looking for them to supply balls for this event. How is that?

Trumpball was there and confirmed how far the longest one that Jose and Hallsy hit...

can you post the thread, I must have missed that.

LazerShowMike

Banned User

It is very hard to capture where a ball lands in a video. Sports around the world have struggled with this with some of the best equipment the industry has to offer. We tried our best with what we have. It would seriously take about ten high end HD cameras and a ton of editing to see where the ball lands. Even if we had an outfield camera and edited the shot to show where it landed, everybody would say it was a hoax and hate on it. I hear where you are coming from, but you got to realize we are small time and tried our best.

LazerShowMike

Banned User
MLB still has problems with this. When you watch a replay of a homerun sometimes you can't even tell if it is fair our foul, or hit the wall or cleared it. Just saying...

earnstaf

BP Hero
MLB still has problems with this. When you watch a replay of a homerun sometimes you can't even tell if it is fair our foul, or hit the wall or cleared it. Just saying...

Yeah, but even my cell phone can record HD video... it would have been a good start.

That being said, I appreciate the effort and agree you did a good job of working with what you were provided.

Tbrix26

Part Time Player
the ball manufactures were contacted on Sunday and Monday, thats all the notice they had, hince why they had to drive balls down for us considering monday was a holiday and shipping wasnt running, but once again, people are going to say we had this planned for months

tattooball

I was contacted sunday night at 7:15 about this. I was going to the office on monday and then leaving from there to drive to Fl. I was traveling down rt 81 south so taking a slight detour was not out of the question for me.

As for the derby:
Both balls were used, I know the outcome but I don't need to explain what ball went were. Coming from me it means nothing anyway.

Jose hit the farthest couple of balls and they were the Guru .54 ball. This was before they were mixed together in the bp rounds.

Other than that, yes they through this together. Look for more in the futrue, if they have some time to plan these they could be very for the game and Bass.

Personally I don't think MLB is going to allow Jose in any MLB park or affilliate team park, just my thoughts and no one elses.

Martell

Texas/New Mex Vinci Rep
I was contacted sunday night at 7:15 about this. I was going to the office on monday and then leaving from there to drive to Fl. I was traveling down rt 81 south so taking a slight detour was not out of the question for me.

As for the derby:
Both balls were used, I know the outcome but I don't need to explain what ball went were. Coming from me it means nothing anyway.

Jose hit the farthest couple of balls and they were the Guru .54 ball. This was before they were mixed together in the bp rounds.

Other than that, yes they through this together. Look for more in the futrue, if they have some time to plan these they could be very for the game and Bass.

Personally I don't think MLB is going to allow Jose in any MLB park or affilliate team park, just my thoughts and no one elses.[/QUOTE]

I posed this question before and was wondering the same thing...

Cruel33

Addicted to Softballfans
Personally I don't think MLB is going to allow Jose in any MLB park or affilliate team park, just my thoughts and no one elses.[/QUOTE]

This is what I have been thinking all along as well, surprised it hasn't been more talked about. If he wants to buy a ticket to a game fine, but I can't see Bud Selig allowing Jose Canseco anywhere near an MLB locker room or the players while at an MLB park, why would he? Nothing good can come from that for MLB. Sometimes people forget that this became something congress got involved with, it wasn't a subject that was swept under the rug that easily. I would love to see him try to hit some bombs but I too question whether that will ever happen in MLB stadiums.

honda700xx

Manager
Let me post this Question again, Bass was working a deal with Wendell Rickard as Wendell had posted on facebook. So has this deal fell threw and what is bass going to do when MLB says JC is not allowed in any park??????

Tbrix26

Part Time Player
Wendell's deal hasnt been affected in anyway. We are still going to be bringing out a signature bat with him.

Smoot

Addicted to Softballfans
Where does is actually state that he his banned? Because I cant find anything. Doesnt make any sense that He is the only one who is banned when all the others are still around baseball or STILL playing.

Last edited:

LazerShowMike

Banned User
Personally I don't think MLB is going to allow Jose in any MLB park or affilliate team park, just my thoughts and no one elses.

- I personally talked to the Kansas City Royals front office when Bass discussed this and they said Jose has not been black balled. He is no different than Grimsley, Segui, and all the other guys that used steroids. They said he would be allowed in, and they were actually excited to hear about him coming. They thought it would draw a crowd.

honda700xx

Manager

- I personally talked to the Kansas City Royals front office when Bass discussed this and they said Jose has not been black balled. He is no different than Grimsley, Segui, and all the other guys that used steroids. They said he would be allowed in, and they were actually excited to hear about him coming. They thought it would draw a crowd.

I hope that JC will help Bass grow and look foward to seeing Wendell hitting with Bass as well.

Great start to a young company.

jrock2033

Worth Huer
Wendell's deal hasnt been affected in anyway. We are still going to be bringing out a signature bat with him.

so when do i get my signature bat from bass?

how shaved were the ones they hit? I could prob push 500' with a 54/600 and a cut stick..