Compare these aluminum bats...

ace88

Addicted to Softballfans
1. Easton Rival SV3
2. Worth EST 375
3. DeMarini Ultimate Weapon

How would you rate these bats? I need some more bats for our modified fast pitch team. I have a DeMarini 375 which I will break out later in the season towards playoffs, but I'd like a few more bats. I am getting an Easton Reflex which I got pretty cheap.....

How do you compare these 3?

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
EST would be the best out of those, but none of those are especially good metals and you could get much better on here used for less than they'll cost you.

ace88

Addicted to Softballfans
Surprised at all the love for the Worth 375 EST, considering it is the cheapest of the bunch...

ol'ballcoach

Creepy Ass Cracka
I'd go with the EST, but I hit a LOT of homeruns back in the 90's in a single-wall league with the Ultimate Weapon.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i think the est he's asking about is in no way the est we are all thinking about. i saw an est 375 at dic.ks for 70 bucks.

seriously buy something used off of here.

zonk55

Addicted to Softballfans
The Rival & UW are SW bats. The EST, while a multi-wall is a low end MW. I agree with Shep's rankings. Also, the EST I have found to be the most durable, the UW least in durability.

ol'ballcoach

Creepy Ass Cracka
Probably been 12 or 13 years since I swung the UW, but I do recall going through a few of them. They formed flat spots and cracked pretty quickly.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
i think the est he's asking about is in no way the est we are all thinking about. i saw an est 375 at dic.ks for 70 bucks.

You're right, which is why I said what I did. Out of those 3 though, IMO the EST will be the best. An older EST, older Demarini Doublewall, or an Anderson bat would be the way to go with metal IMO.

ace88

Addicted to Softballfans

Yes, the multiwall at a sporting goods store or online for about $70. The Easton Reflex is about $120, but retailed at about $180 originally. The Ultimate Weapon is about $100, and then you could add in the Easton Reflex for about $70 or $80.

ace88

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone at all used the Easton Rival SV3? They seem to be sold out on most sites, but I don't see many reviews.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Surprised at all the love for the Worth 375 EST, considering it is the cheapest of the bunch...

It's also the only one listed that's a doublewall. Doublewall aluminums tend to perform better and are more durable than singlewalls.

Frankly I'd get an older EST or even a RT if you need a good aluminum bat.

If it has to be a singlewall your options will be limited to the UW or Rival.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
... Frankly I'd get an older EST or even a RT if you need a good aluminum bat. ...
Agreed. In my rankings, I was thinking '98's and 99's. Can't help with new ones. New is overrated. An older EST was built for 525's but, interestingly, they kill the 275's. (How'd they do that?) Just get an old one and don't swing it below 55 degrees and you'll be fine.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Agreed. In my rankings, I was thinking '98's and 99's. Can't help with new ones. New is overrated. An older EST was built for 525's but, interestingly, they kill the 275's. (How'd they do that?) Just get an old one and don't swing it below 55 degrees and you'll be fine.

Really, any of the 2001 and earlier ones will hit pretty similarly.

guyinpink

Addicted to Softballfans
May I ask why you're limiting yourself to these 3 bats? There are other very good metals that we aren't even mentioning and I just want to make sure that you are aware of them and just aren't allowed to used them or something.

ace88

Addicted to Softballfans
May I ask why you're limiting yourself to these 3 bats? There are other very good metals that we aren't even mentioning and I just want to make sure that you are aware of them and just aren't allowed to used them or something.

Well, our league allows singlewalls and doublewalls, but no composites, and nothing with even a composite handle. So DeMarini White is out and bats such as that. I have a DeMarini 375, which is my favorite bat, that I am saving until the end of the year because so many people will use it and it will wear out quickly. We had a DeMarini Doublewall Distance bat that broke in half after about 3 years a few weeks ago, but was a good bat. I have an Anderson Flextech or something like that, but I just really don't like Andersons for modified. So I want to get a couple bats for about $180 total....which I could get an Easton Rival SV3 and a Worth EST 75.

I'm not a big fan of purchasing used bats...I guess I just don't like not knowing what I am getting. There really aren't a lot of multiwall bats that don't have composite in them. I'm more of a balanced bat person but I guess the Worth EST 75 would be good for the end loaders..

http://www.cuttingedgesports.net/misc/batlist.pdf Here is our list, first 2 columns only...