Demarini CS Question - Bat Cutting

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Returned an MLC one that had an "x" shaped crack mid barrel last week. Got a call from Demar CS that they want to cut open the MLC for inspection prior to sending my replacement S.1. Is this the norm now, or a new policy?

I know it's not shaved because I was the OG purchaser and the bat was NIW, but I'm curious if their are certain types or styles of cracks that get more attention from the CS team.

SESC1001

FSU Nation
Returned an MLC one that had an "x" shaped crack mid barrel last week. Got a call from Demar CS that they want to cut open the MLC for inspection prior to sending my replacement S.1. Is this the norm now, or a new policy?

I know it's not shaved because I was the OG purchaser and the bat was NIW, but I'm curious if their are certain types or styles of cracks that get more attention from the CS team.

Yes, they always cut a bat open to ensure it is not altered. I had them do the same thing when I returned an RD28 UTRIP model.

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess that makes sense...just curious as to why they have to call and ask permission to do so? I might belong to me as a purchased good, but I'm using their return policy, so if they have a standing policy to cut all bats, they can do as they please.

Side note, Erin and Melanie could not be nicer when dealing with Demar CS. One of the many reasons I've gone only to the Demar brand.

newbill/kti15

Addicted to Softballfans
I dont think they cut every bat sent in...That would be a huge process... I could be wrong... But that is why they call and ask... I think it is random selection... Not sure how they select... maybe every 50 bats...

iowa_kid

Manager
I'm built like you, Kid, I'd have to take a saw to it myself to get it into 2 pieces! 1st bat I've broken in 3 years.

Size isn't everything.. I've broken quite a few bats.. Hell I've seen 100 lb girls break bats.. If u swing hard enough to crack it another 100 swings u could put it in 2

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's an awesome update on this...so I tell CS "go ahead and cut it". Then find out that the teammate I lent it to (he plays ASA, I don't) had the MLC shaved and never told me. So, I had the joy of calling CS back, apologizing and now I'm out a return. Never, ever lend bats out, ever.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

ahhm please excuse the following statement...

THIS IS WHY YOU SWING THE BAT UNTIL ITS IN TWO PIECES!!!!!!!!

go5586

Addicted to Softballfans
Here's an awesome update on this...so I tell CS "go ahead and cut it". Then find out that the teammate I lent it to (he plays ASA, I don't) had the MLC shaved and never told me. So, I had the joy of calling CS back, apologizing and now I'm out a return. Never, ever lend bats out, ever.

:eek::eek::confused::eek: didn't see that one coming. My teammate would be buying me a new bat for sure.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Trust me...this conversation has already been had via text. So pissed.

Screw text, I would have been at his door!!!

There are two things you don't mess with, a man's dog and his bats!!! EVERYTHING else is negotiable...

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Stuck at the office, but supposed to play league ball with him tonight...generally a good/great guy, so if he makes it right with another bat, I'm cool letting it go. More annoyed that I had to call CS back and explain what happened. Not that they would care, but my personal credibility is worth more to me than any bat.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Stuck at the office, but supposed to play league ball with him tonight...generally a good/great guy, so if he makes it right with another bat, I'm cool letting it go. More annoyed that I had to call CS back and explain what happened. Not that they would care, but my personal credibility is worth more to me than any bat.

Can they blacklist you and not allow anymore returns from you? or would they just list you as someone to double and triple check the bat, i.e. cutting it open, before they do the return?

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Not a good list to be on at demar

Not really a choice now...hopefully the fact that I called in and told them it was glass before they had to go through the inspection process keeps me off the "naughty" list.

Particualrly sux, since my gamer Cartel is looking real long in the tooth.

is said teammate a member on here? would be a good thing to know if he is selling bats. jmo

I would also ask him not to be playing on my team anymore also.

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
is said teammate a member on here? would be a good thing to know if he is selling bats. jmo

I would also ask him not to be playing on my team anymore also.

Almost positive that he's not an SBF member. What's weirder is that the guy is country strong, so it's not like he would need to swing glass to go yard.

squirt

strokin and swingin
Almost positive that he's not an SBF member. What's weirder is that the guy is country strong, so it's not like he would need to swing glass to go yard.

This is quite shady, one of your boys cuts YOUR stick WITHOUT your permission and you're just cool with him replacing it?

This is YOUR rep on the line man!! DeMARINI may have already listed you as a questionable customer and you're ok with this? So let me ask you this, if you swung that bat, hit the pitcher and put him in the hospital, would your friend confess and take the criminal charges and civil liability?

Your boy is a turd, plain and simple homie...:mad:

Jallennh

Very First Factory Hitter
Standard policy on suspect bats. They may call, they may not. Totally crackeed do not need calls as they just pressure them open the rest of the way. As far as blacklist? Never heard of one

DPHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
Standard policy on suspect bats. They may call, they may not. Totally crackeed do not need calls as they just pressure them open the rest of the way. As far as blacklist? Never heard of one

Blacklist might be a bit over the top, but if they had a "flagged" list, I would not blame DeMar or any manufactuer. You have to protect margins these days with the # of bats that get returned each year.

If nothing else, maybe I've finally made a name for myself with DeMarini! :rolleyes:

iowa_kid

Manager
I doubt there's actualy a list.. I've heard of other manufactures having a list but not sure.. I've never swung dirty bats so never had to bother.. But would make sense unless demar truly checks every batten there would be no reason for a list.. But it's probably noted.. They can tell u each bat you've ever returned in your name

SESC1001

FSU Nation

You & your friend, are lucky that the bat didn't injury someone being it was shaved. Don't understand why the need to alter any stick period!

Will B

DeMarini Nation
Sometimes they cut them open to see where the bat failed structurally, if they found out its been cut or shows evidence of a rolling machine, well that voids out the warranty and you are out of luck.

squirt

strokin and swingin
I hope you have a brand new returnable bat, WITH receipt in your hands by this weekend from your "friend"

iowa_kid

Manager
I hope you have a brand new returnable bat, WITH receipt in your hands by this weekend from your "friend"

This is exactly what should happen.. Don't care how good of friend or the situation.. Only way to help make it right