do rolled bats really work??

HAMMERHEAD

<font color="#000000">BATS</font>
This is true

That or he was scammed.
I know a guy that advertises on craigs list but doesnt even have a roller, he lets them sit for 2 days and sends the bat back to them, I laughed when he told me.

Pro-Rollers has done this to a few people, what a scam !

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
If the owner of the bat finds out, he could take his complaint out on the thief's knee caps or the side of his head with said bat.

How can you tell if it had been rolled or not? Very few bats show signs.
You might think it wasnt rolled but you couldnt prove it.

BIG JOE

One hit left!
You will never hit enough balls to flex the area of the barrel that rolling does.
It can actually seperate the inner walls without breaking them making the bat very hot.
By flexing the barrel in such a wide area you have lengthened the sweetspot more than you ever could by just hitting the ball.

Thanks Bob, you just talked us into rolling our bats...lol. Just not the BASS bats, they seem to fly apart ok on their own.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget

You can't tell if it has been rolled neither can the manufacturer if it has been sent it for a warranty replacement.

A rolled bat isn't like a shaved bat. You still have to be able to hit with a rolled bat in order to do anything...but a shaved bat you can miss hit a ball and it will go 300+ easily.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
It is still dishonest and I could not have that bad juju on me. You are being paid for a service.

Are you cheating the man out of the service he paid for or are you helping the players keep the bats clean?
If a guy pays to get his bat rolled even if it isnt hot he is less likely to get anything else done to the bat.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!

Maybe so, but if you have someone running a scam and his customer is skeptical, it could get ugly if it happens with the wrong guy. And what happens to Bob's acquaintance when a skeptical customer shows up wanting to see his roller? Bob said the douche doesn't even have one. Bottom line, you have to be a POS moron to pull that scam on anyone...not to mention a liar and a thief.

daddypoe

Baller on a Budget
Yes, you can.

You better inform manufacturers of your great knowledge because they haven't caught on how to do this yet.

Please show me the inside barrel of a rollled bat and stock bat to show me the difference because I don't believe you.

Are you cheating the man out of the service he paid for or are you helping the players keep the bats clean?
If a guy pays to get his bat rolled even if it isnt hot he is less likely to get anything else done to the bat.

A self righteous bat doctor? A person is paid for a service. I could see a lawsuit out of not performing the service. They are technically stealing.

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
You better inform manufacturers of your great knowledge because they haven't caught on how to do this yet.

Please show me the inside barrel of a rollled bat and stock bat to show me the difference because I don't believe you.

You dont have to believe me, I dont work for other MFG so i cant say what they do but I know you can tell.
Imagine if they started refusing warranties on rolled bats, you guys would be screaming from the rooftops.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Everyone should look at this. Just look at the chart with the BCT results....the effectiveness of shaving without the danger of the bat being cut open and found dirty.

The only thing is the life of the bat is greatly reduced. Rolling is cheating, its like manslaughter, not first degree murder....

BCT is ridiculous but ive never known anyone to have done it or seen it done

pennyizer

Addicted to Softballfans
BCT is ridiculous but ive never known anyone to have done it or seen it done

It's done all the time bro. Sheet metal shops, machine shops, its better than shaving because the bats are as hot, but will never come back as being illegal. Just won't pass any compression tests, although I have at least three in my bag with over 3000 swings that wouldn't pass a compression test...

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
rolling

Rolling a bat is for those people who have no time to take some bp. Whatever situation occurs.

No, rolling is for guys with Napoleon complex who just suck and will never be able to NATURALLY reach a bat's potential. It's sleazy, lazy and underhanded. Anything for a few extra feet I guess. Pathetic.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hitting a ball thats a higher compression than what the bat is approved for is illegal. Same as rolling, same as vicing , same as shaving.

Where is the exact wording for this again? I guess all my bats are illegal for UTrip because we hit 375s in ISA and 400s in NSA. :rolleyes: Are you sure you're not thinking of the manu's warranty which says hitting anything other than an association approved ball voids the warranty?

Because manufacturers don't cut every bat open does not mean that it can't be seen from doing so.

Krisplocher

Addicted to Softballfans
everyone i play with that has rolled a bat has had end cap problems or the bat broke a guy i used to play with viced his bats they broke quick i havent and dont think theres a big diffrence everyone knows steve butler and he posted a video on it said its about a 10 foot diffrence shot for shot but too me 10 feet vs durability isnt even something i would consider considering imo