Duke Basketball - Austin Rivers

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
The rest of the ACC and the NCAA are in trouble... it's more official than ever.

Kyrie Irving, Nolan Smith, Kyle Singler, Plumlee's, Seth Curry, etc. etc. etc.... then Austin Rivers coming in when Smith/Singler graduate!

The next couple years have very epic tendencies. Best Duke crop of talent since the Jason Williams, Battier, Boozer group 10 years ago.

Last edited:

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
How many of them have ****ed Karen F. Owen?

probably all of them... groupies are a dime a dozen for ACC basketball players (I attended an ACC school, I know a girl who could've written a thesis about the UVa basketball team).

njarcher21

Addicted to Softballfans
probably all of them... groupies are a dime a dozen for ACC basketball players (I attended an ACC school, I know a girl who could've written a thesis about the UVa basketball team).

jersey chasers serve their purpose...:D

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
me too... because we're talking about all the people who are going to kick Maryland's ass for the next 4-5 years.

many teams will be doing that, but yes, md may not beat duke again during our lifetimes...

Stretch19

Grow up
many teams will be doing that, but yes, md may not beat duke again during our lifetimes...

you know good and damn well this aint true...regardless of how much superior talent Duke has, MD is still going to beat them every couple of games...

dont forget about the youngest Plumblee either, hes the best of the crop from what i hear. my bosses son is his HS roommate

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
you know good and damn well this aint true...regardless of how much superior talent Duke has, MD is still going to beat them every couple of games...
dont forget about the youngest Plumblee either, hes the best of the crop from what i hear. my bosses son is his HS roommate

they finally beat them once last year and celebrated like they won the national title :rolleyes:

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU

he was considered the best of the three about 2 years ago, but now it looks like he's a classic "tweener" (which Duke seems to love). He never filled out and got the bulk that his brothers have, so he's a really tall small forward rather than a really mobile power forward. The problem is, Duke rarely recruits bangers, so anyone with the height has to be able to get down there and mix it up and so far he doesn't seem to have enough meat on his frame to do that.

I was originally pissed when I saw that Coach K was going to coach the olympic team, but I think between that exposure and the national championship, he has revitalized their ability to recruit blue chips. They had a stretch where they were competing with Wake Forest and Clemson for recruits... now they're taking recruits from UNC, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky (although I wish they could have taken a couple more from UNC and Kentucky :D).

Last edited:

Stretch19

Grow up
they finally beat them once last year and celebrated like they won the national title :rolleyes:

yeah, cant imagine why they celebrated, it wasnt like the game wasnt for 1st place in the ACC or anything? not like the MD team that won wasnt predicted to finish 5th in the conference by the coaches preseason...

come on man, anytime MD beats Duke in College Park the place is going to go nuts, let alone when Duke is ranked #4 in the nation and the Terps are unranked...and just so you know, MD is 8-12 vs Duke the last 9 years, i dont think that qualifies for "finally beating them once last year"

not to mention it was senior night for one of the most beloved players in MD's history...how do you expect the fans not to celebrate after a win like that with all things considered?

Last edited:

Stretch19

Grow up
he was considered the best of the three about 2 years ago, but now it looks like he's a classic "tweener" (which Duke seems to love). He never filled out and got the bulk that his brothers have, so he's a really tall small forward rather than a really mobile power forward. The problem is, Duke rarely recruits bangers, so anyone with the height has to be able to get down there and mix it up and so far he doesn't seem to have enough meat on his frame to do that.

I was originally pissed when I saw that Coach K was going to coach the olympic team, but I think between that exposure and the national championship, he has revitalized their ability to recruit blue chips. They had a stretch where they were competing with Wake Forest and Clemson for recruits... now they're taking recruits from UNC, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky (although I wish they could have taken a couple more from UNC and Kentucky :D).

dude is still a junior in HS and growing into his frame...there arent too many 17 year olds who are 7 foot and have the meat on their bones to be a banger at the college level right away...hes got more ability than the brothers from the way my boss talks; for a while there, he was leaning towards UVA apparently

almost.... I think Duke celebrated more when they won the national title... oh wait... :D

im not taking anything away from Dukes season, they had a great TEAM and put together a very good year...just dont act like MD wont beat them, even when out classed by better talent (which is typically the case when the 2 meet up)

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
yeah, cant imagine why they celebrated, it wasnt like the game wasnt for 1st place in the ACC or anything? not like the MD team that won wasnt predicted to finish 5th in the conference by the coaches preseason...

come on man, anytime MD beats Duke in College Park the place is going to go nuts, let alone when Duke is ranked #4 in the nation and the Terps are unranked...and just so you know, MD is 8-12 vs Duke the last 9 years, i dont think that qualifies for "finally beating them once last year"

not to mention it was senior night for one of the most beloved players in MD's history...how do you expect the fans not to celebrate after a win like that with all things considered?

ok, so didn't finally beat them, just acted like it...celebrate - yes, act like you won the national championship - no...how'd they do in the acc tourney and ncaa tourney - oh wait, who cares, they won on senior night...

Stretch19

Grow up
ok, so didn't finally beat them, just acted like it...celebrate - yes, act like you won the national championship - no...how'd they do in the acc tourney and ncaa tourney - oh wait, who cares, they won on senior night...

real MD fans realize they are not on the same level as the Dukes, KY, UNCs, etc, so when you win a game like they did at home, on senior night, coming back from being down like 15 to win the ACC, its reason to celebrate...ive seen teams storm the court and celebrate a lot lesser victories, so get off MD's nuts

they had a HUGE let down in the acc tourney and dropped a real close/hard fought battle to an over achieving MSU team in the NCAA tourney; sure it was a let down b/c of how the season unfolded, but if you would have asked me going into the year, i would have taken it no doubt

you a duke fan or just on them for the sake of this thread?

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
real MD fans realize they are not on the same level as the Dukes, KY, UNCs, etc, so when you win a game like they did at home, on senior night, coming back from being down like 15 to win the ACC, its reason to celebrate...ive seen teams storm the court and celebrate a lot lesser victories, so get off MD's nuts

they had a HUGE let down in the acc tourney and dropped a real close/hard fought battle to an over achieving MSU team in the NCAA tourney; sure it was a let down b/c of how the season unfolded, but if you would have asked me going into the year, i would have taken it no doubt

you a duke fan or just on them for the sake of this thread?

not on their nuts, just hate seeing homers defend all the actions of their team and fans...

Maryland led 7-0, 19-7 and 33-19 before Duke settled down...not sure how md was down like 15...:confused: first win over Duke in seven tries...hmm...

i can see how being ranked in the top 25 and tied atop the acc at the time made this a real shocker for you...and yes, i'm a huge duke fan, thanks for asking...

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
dude is still a junior in HS and growing into his frame...there arent too many 17 year olds who are 7 foot and have the meat on their bones to be a banger at the college level right away...hes got more ability than the brothers from the way my boss talks; for a while there, he was leaning towards UVA apparently

From what I've read both of his brothers started as post players and stretched their games to the outside. Marshall started out developing shooting guard skills, but has outgrown the position and now is stuck either needing to bulk up or have his quickness catch up with his height.

I wouldn't have been disappointed at all if he had picked UVA :D, but I think he's a safe recruit at Duke. He'll have plenty of time to develop and have the right people to work out with in the off season to get him there (his brothers).

Stretch19

Grow up
not on their nuts, just hate seeing homers defend all the actions of their team and fans...

Maryland led 7-0, 19-7 and 33-19 before Duke settled down...not sure how md was down like 15...:confused: first win over Duke in seven tries...hmm...

i can see how being ranked in the top 25 and tied atop the acc at the time made this a real shocker for you...and yes, i'm a huge duke fan, thanks for asking...

sorry, duke was down 15 and came back not MD; that sentence didnt come out right...MD held them off after coming back from 15 to win the ACC is how it should have read; anytime MD has a lead vs Duke and it starts to whittle down, MD fans cant help but to think about the dagger J Williams put in their chest back in 2001 (i think)

we were 23 in the nation at the time, but hadnt really beat anyone up until that point...the only W MD had over a ranked team before that game was over FSU earlier in the year so it was a huge win, period. we werent expected to be competing for the ACC championship when the year started
and after losing to William and Mary at home it looked like another disappointing season...if you are really a huge duke fan you should know what the rivalry means to MD fans and it shouldnt surprise you a bit; you might be salty cause you hate losing to us, but get real, you know what was coming in college park after we won that game...thats how MD gets down

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
sorry, duke was down 15 and came back not MD; that sentence didnt come out right...MD held them off after coming back from 15 to win the ACC is how it should have read; anytime MD has a lead vs Duke and it starts to whittle down, MD fans cant help but to think about the dagger J Williams put in their chest back in 2001 (i think)

we were 23 in the nation at the time, but hadnt really beat anyone up until that point...the only W MD had over a ranked team before that game was over FSU earlier in the year so it was a huge win, period. we werent expected to be competing for the ACC championship when the year started
and after losing to William and Mary at home it looked like another disappointing season...if you are really a huge duke fan you should know what the rivalry means to MD fans and it shouldnt surprise you a bit; you might be salty cause you hate losing to us, but get real, you know what was coming in college park after we won that game...thats how MD gets down

agreed - i understand how big it is to MD fans and that's how they get down...their fans are class through and through (read JJ Redick, threats to players families, etc)...

Stretch19

Grow up
From what I've read both of his brothers started as post players and stretched their games to the outside. Marshall started out developing shooting guard skills, but has outgrown the position and now is stuck either needing to bulk up or have his quickness catch up with his height.

I wouldn't have been disappointed at all if he had picked UVA :D, but I think he's a safe recruit at Duke. He'll have plenty of time to develop and have the right people to work out with in the off season to get him there (his brothers).

yeah that would make sense and make it understandable why he is seen as being "more skilled" than his brothers...from the way he talked to my bosses son last year, he wanted to make his own name when he went to college and go to an up and coming program, not somewhere that was already established, etc...i think he would have been a good fit at UVA and he would have gotten the chance to make a huge impact on the program, but duke was definitely a much more safe pick for him and like you said he will get the chance to develop his game a lot more than he would have at UVA...he is going to go up against quincy miller who is the #5 ranked prospect in the 2011 class this year from westchester academy, which is right down the street, but of course thats going to be a home game for plumblee 2-3 hours away from me hahaha....would have loved to see that

Stretch19

Grow up
agreed - i understand how big it is to MD fans and that's how they get down...their fans are class through and through (read JJ Redick, threats to players families, etc)...

ha, wow...when did i say anything about MD fans being classy? sure they have done their fair share of dumb stuff that i as a fan dont agree with, support, or think is right, but at the same time have done a lot of stuff that makes me laugh everytime i think about it....
redickulously-gay.jpg

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
yeah that would make sense and make it understandable why he is seen as being "more skilled" than his brothers...from the way he talked to my bosses son last year, he wanted to make his own name when he went to college and go to an up and coming program, not somewhere that was already established, etc...i think he would have been a good fit at UVA and he would have gotten the chance to make a huge impact on the program, but duke was definitely a much more safe pick for him and like you said he will get the chance to develop his game a lot more than he would have at UVA...he is going to go up against quincy miller who is the #5 ranked prospect in the 2011 class this year from westchester academy, which is right down the street, but of course thats going to be a home game for plumblee 2-3 hours away from me hahaha....would have loved to see that

All this basketball talk is getting me excited... damn why do we have to be so far from the start of the season?

:mad:

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
ha, wow...when did i say anything about MD fans being classy? sure they have done their fair share of dumb stuff that i as a fan dont agree with, support, or think is right, but at the same time have done a lot of stuff that makes me laugh everytime i think about it....
redickulously-gay.jpg

i will give you that one...funny is funny...

DukeFan.gif

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
All this basketball talk is getting me excited... damn why do we have to be so far from the start of the season?

agreed x 1,534,345

two weeks from today...no games then, but at least it's something...

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
all this ACC basketball talk is missing something. Normally it's MD and UNC ganging up on the dook guys... I feel like I'm not getting the full treatment without a tarheel to talk about how UNC puts out better pro players or how Dean Smith is still > Coach K...

Stretch19

Grow up

hahaha, im with you...im a skins fan so football season is typically a huge let down for me...i follow Va Tech in football and thats been a disappointment this year so i am definitely looking forward to see what MD has to offer this year as far as basketball...my expectations are low after losing such crucial pieces so i cant be let down too much w/ basketball!

i will give you that one...funny is funny...

DukeFan.gif

haha, speedo man was something else, FOR SURE