Duke Basketball - Austin Rivers

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
how'd their SAT's go???

You will be happy to learn they are all qualified and suited up ready to go.

Remember cal is no longer there. There is this young coach who has been head going into his 2nd year and already out recruits most big time schools. He actually got most of those before he had half a season under his belt. If he is half as good at coaching as recruiting they will be ok. I do not see a NC in their immediate future but he has made them forget that other coach.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
You will be happy to learn they are all qualified and suited up ready to go.

Remember cal is no longer there. There is this young coach who has been head going into his 2nd year and already out recruits most big time schools. He actually got most of those before he had half a season under his belt. If he is half as good at coaching as recruiting they will be ok. I do not see a NC in their immediate future but he has made them forget that other coach.

truth be told, i have a lot of respect for their new coach...just hope he doesn't go and mess it up...

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
truth be told, i have a lot of respect for their new coach...just hope he doesn't go and mess it up...

I think he is a good kid. Has a good basketball background. Been coaching since he was a teen. Which means his game was not great so he motivated instead. Nothing better that a guy who excepts his role and does what he can for the benefit of the team.

MrBombastic

Addicted to Softballfans
ok, back to the recruiting thing. here is duke's 2010-2011 recruiting classes

kyrie irving - easily one of the top 3 PG's coming out of HS. will replace scheyer NO problem.
Tyler Thornton - solid backup PG
Joshua Hairston - prototypical PF. 6'8" 200lbs. very athletic
Seth curry - JUCO Xfer. at liberty, led all freshman in scoring with 20.2 ppg. very good all around player (49% from 3, and 52% from the field)
Tyler Adams - HERE is your banger. 6'8" 260 center
michael gbinije - 8th best SF in the '11 recruiting class. should be a good bench player
Marshall Plumlee - i REALLY hope this kid lives up to his expectations as "the best of the 3 plumlees" and like someone said, with miles and mason to help him, i expect him and mason to be a "twin towers" kind of duo, like david robinson and tim duncan. HOWEVER that would take a change in K's coaching philosophy.
Austin Rivers - OOOOOOOHHHHHH boy, i can't WAIT for this kid to come in and play with irving and curry

bottom line, that's two VERY good recruiting classes. winning that national championship has done WONDERS for recruiting. i was talking to my boss the other day (a bigtime duke fan) and he said last year's championship was the best COACHING job K has ever done.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
ok, back to the recruiting thing. here is duke's 2010-2011 recruiting classes

kyrie irving - easily one of the top 3 PG's coming out of HS. will replace scheyer NO problem.
Tyler Thornton - solid backup PG
Joshua Hairston - prototypical PF. 6'8" 200lbs. very athletic
Seth curry - JUCO Xfer. at liberty, led all freshman in scoring with 20.2 ppg. very good all around player (49% from 3, and 52% from the field)
Tyler Adams - HERE is your banger. 6'8" 260 center
michael gbinije - 8th best SF in the '11 recruiting class. should be a good bench player
Marshall Plumlee - i REALLY hope this kid lives up to his expectations as "the best of the 3 plumlees" and like someone said, with miles and mason to help him, i expect him and mason to be a "twin towers" kind of duo, like david robinson and tim duncan. HOWEVER that would take a change in K's coaching philosophy.
Austin Rivers - OOOOOOOHHHHHH boy, i can't WAIT for this kid to come in and play with irving and curry

bottom line, that's two VERY good recruiting classes. winning that national championship has done WONDERS for recruiting. i was talking to my boss the other day (a bigtime duke fan) and he said last year's championship was the best COACHING job K has ever done.

Sadly, I don't think Irving and Rivers will ever play together. When they win the championship this year (damn it feels good to be able to say things like that :D), Singler graduates and Irving goes pro. Austin Rivers comes in next year and it's his team to carry.

More proof college b-ball is a rigged game.

There were 2-3 teams that were more talented than Duke. The problem is, they lost before they got the chance to play Duke. Baylor had no business in the final 4, much less the championship game. It's not Duke's fault that Kentucky couldn't hit a 3 when they needed to. Duke laced them up and beat every team they played in the tournament, and most of the games were never really in doubt. No fan of Memphis should be commenting on something being rigged.

MrBombastic

Addicted to Softballfans
Sadly, I don't think Irving and Rivers will ever play together. When they win the championship this year (damn it feels good to be able to say things like that :D), Singler graduates and Irving goes pro. Austin Rivers comes in next year and it's his team to carry.

i kind of hope singler starts chirping in his ear about the benefits of staying at least 2 or 3 years. i mean we could be talking about a dynasty. florida-esqe. but i couldnt blame irving if he's a 1 and done.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were 2-3 teams that were more talented than Duke. The problem is, they lost before they got the chance to play Duke. Baylor had no business in the final 4, much less the championship game. It's not Duke's fault that Kentucky couldn't hit a 3 when they needed to. Duke laced them up and beat every team they played in the tournament, and most of the games were never really in doubt. No fan of Memphis should be commenting on something being rigged.

Memphis did not rig games, just tests.

We don't know who was to blame so we will just let the coach off and punish the school. I mean it's not like cal ever had any run ins with the ncaa. Teflon is pretty non stick.
ijs insa