EST Guide

Blazin

Pathetic Loser
most of the older supercell ones probably won't have ASA stamps on them. some of them do though, i guess it just depends on if they were made later in the year. the gold EST in my sig has a 2000 ASA stamp on it, but i have had the same bat with no ASA stamp on it

Ahh ok. So the older ones didnt have stamps at all.

Joker

Ahh ok. So the older ones didnt have stamps at all.

some of the older "supercell" ones don't have ASA stamps. i don't even think USSSA was putting their name on bats back then, they only had 1.20 BPF and official softball

Joker

Only when it comes to really off the wall, useless stuff like Quad EST's.:(

don't feel bad, i remembered all but 5 or 6 of these models just from what was in my head. I did find a new one i have never heard of before, the EST85.

hitmachine44

Habitual Linestepper
don't feel bad, i remembered all but 5 or 6 of these models just from what was in my head. I did find a new one i have never heard of before, the EST85.

There was a guy in one of my leagues that used to swing the 85 years ago. It seemed like it had decent pop, but I used to think "Why would anyone swing a bat that light?" and nowadays I mostly swing 26's.:rolleyes:

Joker

There was a guy in one of my leagues that used to swing the 85 years ago. It seemed like it had decent pop, but I used to think "Why would anyone swing a bat that light?" and nowadays I mostly swing 26's.:rolleyes:

if i remember right, a lot of those old ones were made the same of the same metal as the OG SSEST. they just had certain features added like the extender knob, counterweights, or weight taken out to make them lighter.

Joker

my next step is to make a chart like the PST guide with the different metals, shells, features, etc

Sharky

The Walking Injury
I didn't read the whole thread... but there are older ESTLE's. I have one in my possession as we speak. No ASA 2000 stamp, and it has the scooped endcap, and no silver ring at the very end of the barrel. They are ridonculous performers. I believe they are 99's or early 2000's at the very very earliest.

Joker

I didn't read the whole thread... but there are older ESTLE's. I have one in my possession as we speak. No ASA 2000 stamp, and it has the scooped endcap, and no silver ring at the very end of the barrel. They are ridonculous performers. I believe they are 99's or early 2000's at the very very earliest.

post some pics if you could. as far as i knew they didn't make a supercell with the extra end load

Sharky

The Walking Injury
post some pics if you could. as far as i knew they didn't make a supercell with the extra end load

Pictures of ESTLE coming in a minute. Just loading them in. The pictures will have a "silver" end... but that barrel does NOT really have a silver ring at the end like the 2001's did. It is just bag wear. I put nearly every hit on it from the day it was purchased and I personally saw the finish wear off.

It started as all blue (and it is more navy blue than the 01's, which were sort of light somewhat silvery blue). These also had full sized knobs... no ASA 2000 certification (they had a grandfathered sticker on the taper, just as my 1998 Debeer bats had) and the knob sticker was just paper and flush (no jewel styled sticker like on the 01's that had a small knob).

I have a 2000 EST5E with the small knob, jewel sticker, finned endcap with the worth logo sticker in the middle, and NO silver ring at the end. That leads me to believe that this is a 1999 or 1998 (it must be as it has no ASA 2000 stamp and carried the grandfathered sticker). I have a friend that also has the same bat. His is in better condition. We bought them the same day and he broke his ankle shortly after that and never really used it.

Last edited:

Sharky

The Walking Injury
ESTLE.jpg

ESTLE2.jpg

ESTLE3.jpg

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
There is one you're forgetting that I owned. 2001 EST lite. It was red like the previous one.

Probably pretty rare. I only saw a couple.

Joker

There is one you're forgetting that I owned. 2001 EST lite. It was red like the previous one.

Probably pretty rare. I only saw a couple.

there are so many, i just went with the ones i could find and what i could remember. i didn't even know about the red lite one until i started this thread

Sharky

The Walking Injury
So Joker... did I convince you about the existence of the 1999 ESTLE? I might have some older pictures of this one on my old computer. I'll give a look. I had a 2000 ESTLE as well. I used to swing nothing but Debeer Shockwaves and EST's. In those days Big 5 had a ton of random EST's. You'd walk into the store and see all kinds of stuff. I remember a 26 oz. with a 14" shell that was maroon. I also remember one that had a 12" pinkish silver shell that had a huge Alcoa logo on it. I didn't buy it and regretted it ever since. That one was very rare.

Joker

down by the grip.......I've had a few like this that I got used here on the board........the performance wasn't affected but I always thought it was a weird place to get cracks

i've never seen that before, post some pics if you can. i'm curious what they look like