EST Guide

frontagerdmaui

White Samoan
I had a green 2005 EST 30 oz in my bag and a 27... I took them out cause they were all shiny and people would swing thm instead of my JHMayhem cause it was all dirty... LOL... I ended up donating my 27 in a Razzle and last league season had a team walk up to mine and ask if they could use a bat.... THEY HAD NONE! 11 Guys no bats between them. Well I don't just hand over a composite or my PSTOC.... I hand them the 30 oz.....Green EST... they hit the **** out of the 3rd game mushballs!!!!! Manager after the game offered to buy it from me... I was like "Forgetaboutit..... just take it. You guys hit that thing more in one game than I have hit it in 3 Years!" :eek:

Softball Karma.......;);)

WOS

Expert Opinion
Very well done. I am new to the forums, and this is nice to see. Much appreciated!

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
blade

Not sure if you know or care, but you're missing a blue barrel blade. Looks like the red one but with a blue barrel.

I know this is big news and you'll want to find a picture of it ASAP since its such a good bat.:rolleyes:

Joker

Not sure if you know or care, but you're missing a blue barrel blade. Looks like the red one but with a blue barrel.

I know this is big news and you'll want to find a picture of it ASAP since its such a good bat.:rolleyes:

i didn't even want to put those crappy bats on there, but i figures it should be complete. i swing by BIG5 and take a pic of one on the rack :D

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
What size barrels do the 98-2000 SSEST's come in?

I've found two bats with 14" shells and one with a 13" shell.

Joker

Was it 2000 or 2001 that they introduced the 15" blue EST?

i just had a 2000 ESTL with a 15" shell in my hands a couple weeks ago

ESTL.jpg

GoldGlove15

Part Time Player
This guide was a HUGE help for my purchase I made about an hour ago on ebay. I got this bat for $50-used. After checking out the reviews, I figured it was a good deal.

2nuhcy.jpg

baseman

in your face nancy grace
I think the wicked EST line is as much an EST as the blade line. but other then that this is a Wicked sticky

BEEJ

Below Me
I still have my EST5C in the basement, of course it is a triangle now.

Something noteworthy: This is a "counter-weight" bat and it has a balance point comperable to any new "endloaded" bat. I miss the time when bats had real endloads.:(

i picked one of these up the other day that is in minty shape, unknown weight, but i liked the endloaded feel. are they decent as far as EST's are concerned. it's the maroon one that says 3oz counterweight and scandium on it...............

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
Joker: If you want an very end loaded bat which would be better? 2000 ssest or the 2001 est5e?

Joker

some people will say the EST5 and others will say the ESTL. there isn't that much difference in performance

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
I saw a guy on ebay has them between $159 to $189 plus shipping. Is that fair? Sounds high to me...

Brooks

Addicted to Softballfans
BTW thanks for your help. I apprecitae it. If you can tell me about a better end loaded worth metal than either of these, I'd consider that too.

Joker

i don't have one

its not problem. for the price, you won't find anything better. the endloaded models don't come up for sale that often. keep an eye out and be patient and one will show up

Joker

psts are great bats, they have an endload but have a small sweetspot. thier performance is great if you can hit the sweetspot