Favorite Bat You Have Ever Swung?

dunkky

i only have 2.5 years of softball career, so never had a chance to swing any of the good old timers. Out of ones that i have swung so far, i have to go with purple XXL. if they make shorter barrel of that, that would a dream bat to me.

Country469

My favorite bat ever is an evil bamboom. Separates the men and the boys. Shows who can actually hit and who sucks ass and needs to be a composite hero.

jhitman

extended. it felt like the sweetspot was the entire barrel. and the thing just would not stop getting hotter. then people were buying them for 500 bucks and so of course i sold it.

A buddy of mine sold a brand NIW OG Freak back in the day (when they were hard to get any longer) for $700.00. The guy dished out 7 $100 dollar bills right there in the parking lot.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
this is confusing. we talk about how awesome bats nowadays are and they have reached their maximum threshold, thus bats can't get any better.

yet, all the favorite bats are from old days. So, bats from old days are better performer and last longer?

My favorite bat (USSSA Catalyst) isn't hotter than anything made today. In fact, its probably less hot. However, I loved the way that bat felt and how durable it was. I've also been playing softball for 20 years, so I have a wide time frame of bats to pick a favorite from.

There's a distinct difference between what one thinks is the hottest bat vs. what is their favorite bat.

StickCollector

The Original Miken Velocit-e that is in my profile pic. It was all webbed up and hit the 44s very well. It needed a lot of work to break in, but that bat was fire.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
A buddy of mine sold a brand NIW OG Freak back in the day (when they were hard to get any longer) for $700.00. The guy dished out 7 $100 dollar bills right there in the parking lot.

yeah i sold mine on ebay. i bought it at ****s for 199.99. it was used as a team bat on 2 teams and countless bp sessions for 2 years. put it at a 3 day auction and got countless offers. it ended just above 500 bucks. the guy that bought it had bought like 3 or 4 of them within the past days looking at his feedback history.

tonys1

That's crazy - wasn't around the game at that time, but I also heard that bats like OG Flex and Extended were hanging out in clearance bins at the end of the season because people thought they were logs and didn't realize how great they were once broken in, then they shot up to outrageous prices.

Country469

The OG and Flex deals were to be had for a short while. It took a solid 5 years for the real concept of composites getting better to really sink in, and those old logs took thousands of cuts. I remembers a few eastons just sitting there collecting dust getting ignored for metals. Those grey and green eastons were the tits tho once broken in lol.

The OG and Flex got LUCKY to be legal for as long as they did. The sb73 voltage was like that too. Overhyped for sure. These bats, unlike an ultra, did not make you much better.

chile

Bad Ape
That's crazy - wasn't around the game at that time, but I also heard that bats like OG Flex and Extended were hanging out in clearance bins at the end of the season because people thought they were logs and didn't realize how great they were once broken in, then they shot up to outrageous prices.

Yup ****s and Sports Authority would have them at 199 then put them on another 25% off, and let me use my military discount...needless to say I had quite a few :/

msw4indy

Addicted to Softballfans
I can go back to metal days and say the 1st Demarini double wall CU31, OG Easton Connexion, green TPS Gen1X were my favorites from that time. Also loved a Mizuno Fury....Mizuno Craze lasted forever and hit everything with it.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher

yeah after the freaks and syn 2's got banned and the 2004 stamp was introduced, everyone was looking for alternatives. bought flex's, extendeds, freak 98's, may98's and they were all kind of logs initially because of the new rules. eventually once broken in the eastons were a bit hotter than everything else in my opinion.

_brudy

My favorite has to be my current gamer, Deuce. Dual stamp bats may not be as good as a regular ol ASA stick, but the way this thing swings, its perfect. I'll take that loss of distance