Good AVG.

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
Or a faulty stroke of a keyboard!!!

Welcome to SBF's the home of the .950 hitter... you do realize you would have to hit 35/36 to hit your .950 right?? And technically it that would be .972 if you had hit 34/36 it would of been .944. Was it a Rec LEague Tourny??

So I am guessing you made a solid 2 outs the whole tourny??

C/D Mens Open State Qualifier actually. And it was 35 for 37, or honestly only .946:eek:

John1007

Addicted to Softballfans
ever since we started posting everybody's average form our team online at slowpitchstats.com, everybody's average has been going up since nobody want to be last in average. hell, I've gone from .200 to .250. thats down to 1 pop up and a 2 weak dribblers per game.:D

N8iveSoul

Chief Slapahoe
A good technique to use to instantly raise your average by AT LEAST 50 points is start referring to yourself in the 3rd person;)

softballgeek

Addicted to Softballfans
Now I feel like I suck for hitting .650. I thought I was doing good.

Don't worry. If everyone here was batting .750+ like they claim rec ball wouldn't exist.

My honest average was .560 over a 20 game season. We won the d league tournament and I had the 3rd highest average on our team.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I think we need to establish at what level you play at. Also batting .700 in tourneys is a big difference from batting .700 in some beer league. I say

very good point, i'm pissed every time i don't make it to 2nd in my rec league, i don't keep track, but considering many days i get on base every hit, i'd like to think i'm at least .700 if not closer to .800

but then again, the one year i played ball when i was 10, i didn't strike out that often either. they had a rule that all new players had to start on the bottom team, so it was pretty easy to hit there as well.

in either case, hitting .800 in a coed rec league isn't as good as hitting .600 in an elite mens tourney

Delrod24

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't worry. If everyone here was batting .750+ like they claim rec ball wouldn't exist.

My honest average was .560 over a 20 game season. We won the d league tournament and I had the 3rd highest average on our team.

I get my fair share of "Left handed hits". We just moved up from DD to C so I'll be super stoked to keep it this high.

bigtisme

Manager
A good technique to use to instantly raise your average by AT LEAST 50 points is start referring to yourself in the 3rd person;)

psssssh add 50 points, round UP ton the nearest 050 or 100 point. Then talk in third person and explain its your worst year in the past 5.

COBRARI

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are batting .600 you are above average and considered an asset to the teams offense. .700 and you are talked about. .800 and you get your name in news letters and other stuff.