Insane Vs. DNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Trying to decide between these 2. Silver and blackout are the same on the insane, but was particularly looking at the stiff handle midload DNA Monsta. Anybody swing these back to back? Thoughts and opinions anyone?

Joker

one is a real bat, the other is a piece of junk made by a douchebag in his garage. easy choice

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Trying to decide between these 2. Silver and blackout are the same on the insane, but was particularly looking at the stiff handle midload DNA Monsta. Anybody swing these back to back? Thoughts and opinions anyone?

Insane is endloaded with a composite handle. If you want a stiff handle with similar performance, get a Juggernaut CL22.

eastonfreak81

Addicted to Softballfans
Both are good bats, it just depends on what you are comfortable swinging. Another good stiff handle bat is the USA Aftermath. You can't go wrong with any of these choices.

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Swung them both and against 52/300 the DNA was pretty darn and better then most i must admit. It is over hyped and has a small sweetspot. I swung the endloaded flex DNA and honestly I wanted to hate it. The hype and the fact ppl over sell these things so much....I wanted it to be a hyped up log like the Boogeyman I bought last year. Well it wasnt at all. I left my webbed and well broke in Freak Black and USAmath in the bag and swung the DNA all Weekend.

So again you cant go wrong with either bat. I think the Freak Black, USAmath and DNA are all damn good bats and better then the Insane. The DNA did surprise me on how well it fit my swing and the way the 52s wee flying.

***The DNA I was swinging is the rep bat and has 3000+ hits on it. Completely webbed up and still passed compression. So needless to say it was well broke in.

Last edited:
M

MJL 00

I hit both head to head Saturday. The Insane had lil more distance IMO. DNA is for sure a good bat but not comparable to my 2015 Juggy with same amount of hits-distance wise. Guess just going to put more cuts on DNA and see what it turns into. If anything sales thread a coming :yawn:

bruiser

Co-ed Rec league bat boy
Just unwrapped my 27.5 Blackout Insane last night and was hitting with my buddies DNA which has a lot of swings on it.

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
Doubt we will ever get a solid answer here. Both companies have their die hard fanboys who will always insist that their brand is best. on a side note I do love that someone with the handle Eastonfreak has a bag full of Monstas and Demarinis and zero eastons

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for input fellas. Might have to get a DNA and hit them back to back myself. If the exit speed with 52's is anything like my 14' juggy with the insane, I prob. Won't like it. But to each their own I guess

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I have hit both and I own the DNA. I sell Demarini's locally so I have an Insane to swing as well. I was torn between the two but ended up going with the DNA (26 oz midload, stiff handle, weighs 27 on the scale with tape). My biggest complaint about the DNA is the sweetspot being so small. If you hit the sweetspot though there is really not much that can compete with it.

The Insane is end loaded but it doesn't feel very end loaded when I swing it. The barrel is soft but it has a big sweetspot. I think the Insane is easier to hit with since the sweetspot is so much bigger but the DNA provides better performance IMO. In the end you can't go wrong with either one.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I've never hit an insane, but once you figure out where the center of the fib is on the DNA, forget about it!!!!!!!!!!!

M

MJL 00

Between the N and the A in DNA......about 6-8" down from the cap

That's all I need to know. Figured out most of my bats think reason the DNA excelled off the tee for me so much is cause hit it consistently with it. Now just lil more bp and see what can do

thanks

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans
Some more great feedback. I might have a NIW 26.5 silver Insane going on the boards soon for sale. Thanks fellas

BOLTMAN21

Manager
This thread will get deleted due to the positive feedback on the DNA.. lol...

DNA kills 52's, but does take some getting used to for most people (in a 26 mid-load anyway) It just swings different then most other bats. Use your DNA for 52 cor and Insane for 44 cor.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
^^^

I also agree about the way the DNA swings. It doesn't matter what other bat you pick up after swinging the DNA, it is going to feel funky. There's really nothing else that feels like it. (that's neither a good or bad thing imo)

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I have hit both and I own the DNA. I sell Demarini's locally so I have an Insane to swing as well. I was torn between the two but ended up going with the DNA (26 oz midload, stiff handle, weighs 27 on the scale with tape). My biggest complaint about the DNA is the sweetspot being so small.

Is this true for "M" owners? I'm considering picking up a DNA, but not sure if I should go 26oz or 27oz. I currently game a 27oz Aftermath, even though I've always preferred endloaded bats. The AM is more of a midload in my opinion. Are the "M"s scaling true, or heavy? Do I get a 26oz stiff (midload) and hope it scales heavy? Or go with a 27oz stiff EL and hope it scales true?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
How's it no help at all? they are both nearly the same. They scale within .2 of each other which can be grip weight.....one has more EL than the other obviously.

Not yet, been raining and we are in between season here. Maybe this weekend

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
DNA: Swung 26 flex and owned a 26 stiff. Both 26's weighed 27.3
DNA is a good bat. I traded it away to a team mate that really wanted it. Now that it has 500 hits in it it's simply retarded.
Insane: owned a 25.5. Good SS flexi as can be, hated the flex. Like stiff feel, distance as good as anything.

Comes down to feel and what bat your brain makes you think is better.

But Joker is right Carl is a D bag.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
How's it no help at all? they are both nearly the same. They scale within .2 of each other which can be grip weight.....one has more EL than the other obviously.

I didn't mean any offense. Scaled within .2 of each other? Do you happen to remember where they scaled at?

Also, you prefer the Flex over the Stiff?

DNA is a good bat. I traded it away to a team mate that really wanted it. Now that it has 500 hits in it it's simply retarded.
Insane: owned a 25.5. Good SS flexi as can be, hated the flex. Like stiff feel, distance as good as anything.

Agreed. Of the two you had/swung, did you prefer the stiff of flex?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 26oz flex scaled 26.9 no grip have not scaled since I added a lizard skin... Definitely feels nothing like anything else I have (Demarini) feels el to me and heavy, has approx 150 hits and am thinking about offing it I can go back to my juggy or am after using it and get better results.. I was told to try 27oz balanced but idk it just doesn't make sense to go up an oz when 26 feels heavy already.
Opinions on 27 oz balance vs 26 oz (mid)?

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't mean any offense. Scaled within .2 of each other? Do you happen to remember where they scaled at?

Also, you prefer the Flex over the Stiff?

Agreed. Of the two you had/swung, did you prefer the stiff of flex?

I hands down prefer the flex. I hit it quite a bit further than the stiff handled 26oz I had. I'll bring them both with me to work tomorrow and scale them again for ya. As soon as I swing the 27 EL and make sure i hits just as good (for me) than the 26oz does, I'm going to move the 26, as I've always preferred an EL......

HunglowJoe909

Addicted to Softballfans

Wow! If this is the case. Wish they made a 25oz. Option. Way over sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.