J3A vs 2016 Juggy

Hendo9

Softball Junkie
Ill take my J3A over all of them... The Juggy OG is damn close to the J3A and maybe hotter out of wrapper... the 14's & 15's have WAY more handle flex than the J3A or Juggy OG... Not sure what the OVL is all about now... paint & endcap change from the Juggy OG maybe?

TRaj2327

I look forward to the day everyone stops using the J3 as the benchmark like it is the hottest Juggy every made. The models following it are just as capable and very nearly the exact same bat.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
I look forward to the day everyone stops using the J3 as the benchmark like it is the hottest Juggy every made. The models following it are just as capable and very nearly the exact same bat.
You know this won't happen.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

And inflated prices when newer ones are cheaper and identical

Doesn't bother me when morons pick a single bat to hype and drive up in value, when there are others of equal performance. Helps keep prices on the others down. I'm good with that. I buy bats to swing them, not to play the market. '13-'15 are the same (enough). I'll take the cheapest.

Thomas v

Addicted to Softballfans
From someone who's owned multiples of both. This is my opinion.

1) 15. Hot out of the wrapper. After 200 BP hits with 40/325 classic Ms the bat was the single hottest "Asa only" bat I've ever swung.
2) J3. No denying it's a hot bat. The bat that all new stamps are compared to. Perfect amount of flex/endload. Had a major production issue early on with premature paint cracks. Broke 2 in 1 tourney. Also the hype between graffiti and bubble was a little dumb.
3) J4. Also took about 200 hits to reach peak performance. Swung it in a league that used 44/375 and it killed the ball. Ultimately I put it down for an OG Cluggy which was right up there with 1) in performance but not durability.
4) new OG Juggy. Not enough swings to say.

Any updates on how the 2016 juggy stacks up vs the rest and how a broken in one performs, now that it has been out for sometime now?

Last edited:

RustyShakleford

J3A gets the same treatment as other OG bats. They are always hotter and better than newer models. Mostly because people have put more swings on them and mostly because of the hive mentality when it comes to bats.

I went from a J3A to a 14 within a week and they were the exact same bat in weighting, performance, stiffness, etc.
15s had issues with weighting early on with knob weights not being added, causing them to be lighter than sticker and more endloaded. So some of those reviews are skewed. They seemed to be the same bat otherwise based on reviews of people who didn't have ones with weighting issues.
There is no reason to think the 16s are any different.

There are always going to be small differences in bats that come off the same assembly line. Bats made back to back can feel slightly different or have small differences in weighting. That's just the nature of mass production.

Stop overthinking it, there is not going to be any major difference in any of the new stamp Juggys unless you have a 15 with no knob weight. As others have said, get the cheapest one you can. There is no reason to pay a premium for a J3A or 14 (I've seen people ask for stupid money) especially when the 14s came out they were considered inferior to the J3A. Now people talk them up like they are better.