Just to clarify the OG Ultra misconception

Randomtask

Addicted to Softballfans
So i have seen a few sales here and on Eeeebay for the OG Ultra I.
Myself as a bat collector always keep my eyes peeled for the true and only OG ultra.

Are these correct statements ?

1) The OG ULTRA I (2002) has bubble knob and would have the ASA stamp.

2) There was a Grey maxload re-issue (2010) ULTRA that is GREY and says maxload in red lettering at the top has with no ASA stamp, and has flat paper-- weight sticker.

3) Said re-issue is not the same performance as the OG.

Pete D

Addicted to Softballfans
The later reissue Gray split the difference between the max load and the balanced (1 once shift further up the barrel).....and was never as hot as the OG....in the initial issue after the ban of the OG - they were great bats with durability (tag that came with them said 1000 contacts) all after that never came close - especially after the sale to Worth....

Randomtask

Addicted to Softballfans

ohyeaheh

Addicted to Softballfans
not my prices, lol, I think those are niw prices anyway. saved those threads because they are money.

OLD MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
All original Ultras do not have ASA stamps. Bats that were returned when they were banned and any that were sold after the ban did not have stamps but are original bubble knob bats. Bats that were returned to Miken had the ASA stamps removed.

AJ22

Super Moderator
All original Ultras do not have ASA stamps. Bats that were returned when they were banned and any that were sold after the ban did not have stamps but are original bubble knob bats. Bats that were returned to Miken had the ASA stamps removed.

HUH??? Your statement self contradicts itself. Bats may have been returned and had stamps removed but are still considered ORIGINAL ULTRAs.

I'm too lazy to take a picture of mine (picture below belongs to someone selling here), but this looks like an OG Ultra 1 with a ASA stamp.

96packers

OG Titletown
2010 model..I think has the senior insignia etched in it..

correct

I thought the OG's did have the ASA stamp cuz they were legal in ASA for about 2-3 months(memory's fading) then in Aug of 02(?) were declared ASA illegal.

I know this is true(timeline debatable) cuz I had just bought one only to find out a week later it was ASA illegal. Had to bay the dam thing out the door before it became worthless

///////////////
After the ban you could return them to Miken and for an Ultra II. Miken was removing the ASA stamps and dumping them for about a hundred bucks. So there are OG's without stamps out there.

Wish I wasn't living paycheck to paycheck back then.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
After the ban you could return them to Miken and for an Ultra II. Miken was removing the ASA stamps and dumping them for about a hundred bucks. So there are OG's without stamps out there.

Yeah they were removing the stamps and sending the bat back with the ultraII if you paid the $100

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah they were removing the stamps and sending the bat back with the ultraII if you paid the $100
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True. But if guys didn't send them back, the ASA stamp is still on the bat.

I sent mine back. Every bat since then has been trying to match it. I got it out 3 yrs ago and put 10 swings on it. Very tempted to put 10 on it again.

OLD MAN

Addicted to Softballfans
HUH??? Your statement self contradicts itself. Bats may have been returned and had stamps removed but are still considered ORIGINAL ULTRAs.

I'm too lazy to take a picture of mine (picture below belongs to someone selling here), but this looks like an OG Ultra 1 with a ASA stamp.

I know I'm old and maybe alittle senile. What I mean't is the bat does not have to have a stamp to be an original Ultra.

Thanks old man

Pickle9

Mullet Maneater!
I know I'm old and maybe alittle senile. What I mean't is the bat does not have to have a stamp to be an original Ultra.

Thanks old man

Just look where the bat should have its stamps and you should find circles about the size of a quarter repainted with similar gray paint. I worked for a company that Miken was selling all the OG's to that people weren't buying back when they were returning their Ultra for an Ultra II. There are 100's of OG's with no stamps that we sold back into the market. Everyone of them had a bubble knob.

Alex Chilton

Addicted to Softballfans

This is how I got mine. Miken sold the returned bats as nr for $150 with ASA stamps removed.

Randomtask

Addicted to Softballfans
U2

I have a flat sticker U2 with the 2000 asa stamp....what does this mean?
Means you got a first release U2, right after Ultra 1 banning. Best of the Ultra 2's and the most durable. Keep it. Or trade it to me for some ASA sticks

glovedad

I have 2, 27 oz flat sticker, ultra 2's with unmarked endcaps and the 2000 ASA stamp. Grips are the pebble grip you mentioned. Identical bats purchased at different times. Can you help me identify these? Thanks much.

morat1959

I have 2, 27 oz flat sticker, ultra 2's with unmarked endcaps and the 2000 ASA stamp. Grips are the pebble grip you mentioned. Identical bats purchased at different times. Can you help me identify these? Thanks much.

These were 2nd run of U2's ever made. The first run (rare), were painted over Ultra 1s with the recessed bubble knob decal. Not alot of these left.