Minnesota 2015: Dead thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
We don't string enough together. We're getting on base, just not knocking them in.

Lost to Bumbletown 12-11 in our second one. A few innings of 0's for us. They scored 8 in the first 2 innings, then didn't score again until the top of the 7th when I served up a grand slam. We scored 3 to get close in the bottom of the 7th, but didn't quite get there.

squeakslang3

offically unofficial
we lost friday night to Malecha Const by 2. Won saturday morning in extra innings against mn combat, lost in the bottom of the 7th to Gordy's in the afternoon. My batting blows **** but what else is new. Fields were in a great shape and a well done job by the lions club.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
we lost friday night to Malecha Const by 2. Won saturday morning in extra innings against mn combat, lost in the bottom of the 7th to Gordy's in the afternoon. My batting blows **** but what else is new. Fields were in a great shape and a well done job by the lions club.

Oh squeaksy poo

I'm debating on signing up for Natalia (has that started yet?) if you'll be there. It's really the only draw for me besides the benefit aspect, of course.

Beauner

Starting Player
Team I played with went 4-2. Lost our first game thanks to absolutely pathetic defense. I think we allowed 14 runs and probably 5 of them were earned. Went 3-0 on Saturday allowing 11 runs total and not making a single error that I can remember. Knocked out The Future in the first game, then Envy, then Sports Page. Came back Sunday morning and knocked out Midwest Monsters in a dramatic game. We scored 6 in top 7 to take a 2 run lead and they left the game-tying and game-winning runs on base in bottom 7.
Kinda ran out of steam against MN/UHR Sox. They scored 11 in the bottom of the 1st inning and didn't look back.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Utrip fall state might be solid.

On the Minnesota ASA site, fall state is listed as being on 10/1/16. Isn't that when Fall Firemen's usually is?

Maybe when it gets closer, we can really gauge interest. Internet Heroes 2.0.

EvilTwin

SDS'S Nightmare
Team I played with went 4-2. Lost our first game thanks to absolutely pathetic defense. I think we allowed 14 runs and probably 5 of them were earned. Went 3-0 on Saturday allowing 11 runs total and not making a single error that I can remember. Knocked out The Future in the first game, then Envy, then Sports Page. Came back Sunday morning and knocked out Midwest Monsters in a dramatic game. We scored 6 in top 7 to take a 2 run lead and they left the game-tying and game-winning runs on base in bottom 7.
Kinda ran out of steam against MN/UHR Sox. They scored 11 in the bottom of the 1st inning and didn't look back.

Do not feel bad about running out of gas against us(UHR/MN SOX). We rolled for a couple of games and then ran out of gas ourselves against GAF. Lost that game by 1 with neither team hitting at all.

rmothes

Star Player
That's pretty much my stance. Wish we could play Siren again. :(

Oh but you can play Siren again. We haven't completely banned anybody from playing in Siren yet. You know I should have let you play in April, but we both kind of talked ourselves into you not coming to play that weekend.

First weekend in August, then 3rd weekend in Aug. if you're on a qualifying team, or 3rd weekend in Sept. Just cancel any other tournament plans for those weekends.

That goes for any of you out there. Siren Summerfest is Aug. 5-7, hoping to have an upper and lower, $200 entry for 3-game guarantee.

Beauner

Starting Player
Do not feel bad about running out of gas against us(UHR/MN SOX). We rolled for a couple of games and then ran out of gas ourselves against GAF. Lost that game by 1 with neither team hitting at all.

Yeah you guys just steamrolled us. GAF had themselves a pretty damn good weekend.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
What is going on at these big tournaments..... what happened to DMVW in the D bracket is a joke. They played the same CF two games in a row. They protested and the ump said finish the game and talk to the director. They lose the game and talk to the director. I'm sure what happened between the end of the game and when they were suppose to play again but the team they lost to starts playing so DMVW is eliminated, after some time they we're told they should have won the protest and we're offered a pitcher of beer instead continuing to play. Maybe capping the tournaments at manageable amounts for your size of staff should be considered. These tournaments are fundraisers and qualifiers. Also being a fundraiser shouldn't be a default excuse and what level of ball your playing shouldn't determine which rules get followed.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Here's the team list for Friendly City Days:

1. OSS/Top Choice
2. Edge Automation Inc.
3. Rum & Pokes
4. State Farm/TC Wholesales
5. Fight Like a Girl
6. Centra Sota
7. Budweiser/NLL/CA
8. All American Restoration/UNRL/Combat
9. Dehn Bros Painting/Krown
10. Next Level Logistics
11. Demarini/Promolink
12. Horsemen/JB Accounting/Sand Dunes Spirits
13. Black Sheep
14. BBS/Monsta
15. McPetes
16. Pearson Trucking

The bracket will be out tonight. Sounds like the Father Hennepin brackets will be ready too.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
What is going on at these big tournaments..... what happened to DMVW in the D bracket is a joke.

It seems most ASA umpires don't care anymore. They are so lazy and pathetic behind the plate. They don't pay attention to anything. If that is the truth then Shako is going to continue to see diminished numbers.

Look at how many forfeits the C bracket had? Open with 8 teams or whatever it was?

After Corky's I have zero desire to play ASA. I think our next ASA tournament is.... state to secure our berth to OKC. Then nationals. We don't see much of a draw anymore for ASA.

I'll be interested to see who are top 2 or 3 at C state. I bet it'll be another team not many would expect or a team ready for a B bump. (State Farm takes 5/6 to avoid again)

It is unfortunate, as I have been an ASA guy for years and it's losing appeal.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Are utrip umps really that much better? I only play Utrip leagues, no tourneys. 4 of the 5 umps are solid. The 5th is ol' One Step.

rmothes

Star Player
As an ump and a TD, I will say that it should not happen at all where the same guy plays on 2 teams in a row if it states in the rules that is not allowed, unless it is ok'd by the opposing team and they then agree to the outcome no matter what it is, that way it's on the team who said it was ok. Since it's the middle of the game and maybe the team didn't have anybody who could go find the TD to tell them what is happening, it could be hard for them to do any more about it at the moment. While usually the ump should not need to be the one enforcing this issue, it can be obvious when you see the same player 2 games in a row on 2 different teams (I'm assuming it was the same ump for both games, if it was different umps, then the offending team picked the perfect time to pull a fast one) and you call them out on it. During league play and tournament play I have dealt with players jumping teams and in league I ask the opponent if they are ok with it, making it their call. I've also done the same thing in a tournament, but I do notice when the I see the same face again and I shouldn't. It's something the ump should notice and take care of on their own. They don't need approval to make the right decision concerning players and should do so.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
What is going on at these big tournaments..... what happened to DMVW in the D bracket is a joke. They played the same CF two games in a row. They protested and the ump said finish the game and talk to the director. They lose the game and talk to the director. I'm sure what happened between the end of the game and when they were suppose to play again but the team they lost to starts playing so DMVW is eliminated, after some time they we're told they should have won the protest and we're offered a pitcher of beer instead continuing to play. Maybe capping the tournaments at manageable amounts for your size of staff should be considered. These tournaments are fundraisers and qualifiers. Also being a fundraiser shouldn't be a default excuse and what level of ball your playing shouldn't determine which rules get followed.

A few things here:
1) Umpire running the game absolutely blew this! He should have stopped the game and discussed the situation with the TD. At the time a team announces they are playing under protest in a tourney - it has to get resolved.

2) In general the softball community has had a mentality that "roster protests" are garbage and you should play (and beat) the team that is on the field against you - No matter who you are playing. The team making the roster protest typically seems to be the one that everyone bitches about. So DMVW are the ones that take all the heat for protesting a roster?? Why??

This game has specific rules designed to keep the game played fairly. Yet when teams want to use a legal protest to handle a situation they are the ones the community has typically complained about them making the protest rather than beating the team in front of them.

Well these guys seem to have made the appeal that was not handled correctly - played the team that was in front of them and lost - then the TD didnt handle the problem either.

The protesting team has to stand its ground and absolutely demand the protest be ruled on before the game is completed.

3) Tournament Directors at qualifiers and large money tourneys MUST take the time to do roster checks prior to the tournament so that these situations dont occur. Its bad for the game, bad for the future of the tournament and bad for the association it occurred in.

4) Tournament Director - even though a game started - had the ability to stop a game, correct the situation, and start a new game. TD did a terrible job handling the whole thing. Offering a free pitcher only add insult to the whole thing. DMVW should at a minimum be getting their entry fee back from the proceeds of the tourney.

As an aside, was the CF a pick up for game 1 or game 2. It is possible that he was a pick up for game 1 and on the roster for the game 2 team. In which case, the roster protest would have had to have happened in game one.