Minnesota Thread

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Anyone have info on any of these open teams from MN listed on the corkys page? anytime bail bonds, the new t's ductech team, oa?

Anytime Bail Bonds is our team. It's LJ's plus Jake Meyers, Chris Olson, Chad Schmode and Andy Boyd. B in ASA, C in USSSA. I wish would play a league night because we have 17 guys and only 3-4 guys are B+ with one A card (Meyers) and could field an Open team and a C team for state.

Isn’t OA some of CR’s DeMarini teammates? I know a few were petitioning down.

Seems to look like it. Isn't Justin Olson an OA Apparel rep? Wonder if it'll be a mash up of KJ Construction/NextGen + KA Militia. I could also be way off but I'm basing that off of some names I saw on the appeals. B or C, they should be a solid team.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to be in the Burnsville area this spring/summer a week here and there for work. Evenings will be free so I am wondering, what night and where would "power league" be played? Best I get here in NE is C level ball and I wouldn't mind coming out and watching A/B level.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Doesn't exist anymore. the Bloomington open league might have 1 b team left, the rest are c and lower. And the utrip guys split up in a ton of teams for champlin leagues.

wildthing81

Doesn't exist anymore. the Bloomington open league might have 1 b team left, the rest are c and lower. And the utrip guys split up in a ton of teams for champlin leagues.
Leagues are dead here in the state, rising cost of league, people with busy schedules/work and lack of sponsors and lastly just a lack of general interest in playing ball in pretty sad actually. 10-15 years ago playing utrip league in Brooklyn center consisted of playing against A, B and some C teams every week, I believe we had the A world Champs an B world champs in our league during the same time and it was tougher in league than for tourneys....Ahh the good ole days...Myself personally I found that taking swings on my own 2 or 3 times a week improved my game a lot more then playing league 4 or 5 times a week like I used to and of course as I advanced up and into the conference I was asked repeatedly to say away from league to avoid injuries........

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm going to be in the Burnsville area this spring/summer a week here and there for work. Evenings will be free so I am wondering, what night and where would "power league" be played? Best I get here in NE is C level ball and I wouldn't mind coming out and watching A/B level.
Leagues are dead here in the state, rising cost of league, people with busy schedules/work and lack of sponsors and lastly just a lack of general interest in playing ball in pretty sad actually. 10-15 years ago playing utrip league in Brooklyn center consisted of playing against A, B and some C teams every week, I believe we had the A world Champs an B world champs in our league during the same time and it was tougher in league than for tourneys....Ahh the good ole days...Myself personally I found that taking swings on my own 2 or 3 times a week improved my game a lot more then playing league 4 or 5 times a week like I used to and of course as I advanced up and into the conference I was asked repeatedly to say away from league to avoid injuries........

Our team is playing in the Tuesday league at Dred in Bloomington. It is a decent league, I personally don’t know how serious the teams take it at times. The last few years teams have trouble getting guys to show up and teams are looking for subs non stop, sometimes getting guys from the same league that are playing late games, get them to play the early games.

I personally like to play Thursdays being closer to the weekend tourneys. Then lift or workout mon through weds.

Bloomington does give you a free entry into state which is nice, and an end of the year double elim playoffs.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I think part of it is guys on the bigger teams just aren't playing league together. If you go to Champlin on Wednesday or Thursday night, you're going to see guys from Xtreme or All-American spread out through teams. I'm guessing you'll also see guys from other C teams in the leagues as well.

The problem I thought the Brooklyn Center Thursday league had was that you'd have everyone on their tourney teams playing in league, but then you were playing the team you were going to see every Saturday for the next four months. Then you add another $900/$1000 to the team budget, which can be steep, and you've got everyone split.

Even teams like mine that plays in Hanover, it's 7 or so guys that plays tournaments, then we fill the rest with friends or random dudes.

wildthing81

I think part of it is guys on the bigger teams just aren't playing league together. If you go to Champlin on Wednesday or Thursday night, you're going to see guys from Xtreme or All-American spread out through teams. I'm guessing you'll also see guys from other C teams in the leagues as well.

The problem I thought the Brooklyn Center Thursday league had was that you'd have everyone on their tourney teams playing in league, but then you were playing the team you were going to see every Saturday for the next four months. Then you add another $900/$1000 to the team budget, which can be steep, and you've got everyone split.

Even teams like mine that plays in Hanover, it's 7 or so guys that plays tournaments, then we fill the rest with friends or random dudes.
Yea back in the day Thursday night in Brooklyn Center you had Tourney teams with just about their Full Roster playing and using it as a tune up for the weekend. It was common to see everyone in full uniforms as well taking extra bases, head first slides ect. Teams like KEVITT, Medtronic, O&S, Redwood, Xtreme, J &H, Walser, Contractors Capital, Blueline were all regulars in the league. At one time you had Brownie, Vitcak, Dudda, Dahlby/Strunk all pitching for different teams in the league im sure theres others I forgot....About the only league I play in is Hanover because my dad still plays and who wouldn't play with their pop for fun.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Got this in an email today.
Come out west to play in one of the nicest new complexes in the state..

Oh and win 1500$

FB_IMG_1518108534445.jpg

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Yea back in the day Thursday night in Brooklyn Center you had Tourney teams with just about their Full Roster playing and using it as a tune up for the weekend. It was common to see everyone in full uniforms as well taking extra bases, head first slides ect. Teams like KEVITT, Medtronic, O&S, Redwood, Xtreme, J &H, Walser, Contractors Capital, Blueline were all regulars in the league. At one time you had Brownie, Vitcak, Dudda, Dahlby/Strunk all pitching for different teams in the league im sure theres others I forgot....About the only league I play in is Hanover because my dad still plays and who wouldn't play with their pop for fun.
I think when I played in that Thursday league, it was just at the end of the great run. Still a good league, but I think it was pretty much toast a year or two later.

Hanover is a fun league. I hope the new field gets used this year so we don't have to play on the 270 field in St. Michael.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I think when I played in that Thursday league, it was just at the end of the great run. Still a good league, but I think it was pretty much toast a year or two later.

Hanover is a fun league. I hope the new field gets used this year so we don't have to play on the 270 field in St. Michael.
I think we are still going to use St. Michael because the new field doesn't have lights. It's tough to play in St. Michael because even though the fences are short, they are tall. So you get guys like Rob Wayne to hit those 270' line drives off the fence that are impossible to defend.

Jimbo81

Krueger #15
We love beating down D and E teams. We may even flip our bats and hit middle. Then cash the check into 1500 dollar bills and fan off all the teams we pummeled.

Only way to get better is to play better teams! Might take a few beatings but you will learn a couple things.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Isn’t OA some of CR’s DeMarini teammates? I know a few were petitioning down.
OA Apparel were denied most of their appeals, 1 guy that is still with the team got it. Josh Diko he was the book keeeper

2 Guys that are no longer with the team were granted appeals
Brent Lange- got his C card back, never saw the field or even an at bat for that matter at nationals
Ross Rements- Got his C+ card back as all he did was run bases, never got an at bat at national

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Squeaks won his appeal! Well for the most part:).

It looks like guys that were just bumped were mostly denied and also guys that play mostly usssa or have been the last few years were denied as well.

I think for the most part they’ve done a very good job.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
The only one I disagree with is Tim Gerlesberger. He played on a team that was bumped to B and was on the All American roster for Open State. Dropping him from B+ to B allows him to play C. I don't know if his team (CC/CB Masonry) is even playing USA Softball this year, as I heard they are possibly joining the MN USSSA Conference, assuming they appoint a director and it's still a thing. I do see them in the Open for Corky's so maybe they are B. It really doesn't matter but otherwise all others seem pretty spot on in my worthless opinion.

wildthing81

The only one I disagree with is Tim Gerlesberger. He played on a team that was bumped to B and was on the All American roster for Open State. Dropping him from B+ to B allows him to play C. I don't know if his team (CC/CB Masonry) is even playing USA Softball this year, as I heard they are possibly joining the MN USSSA Conference, assuming they appoint a director and it's still a thing. I do see them in the Open for Corky's so maybe they are B. It really doesn't matter but otherwise all others seem pretty spot on in my worthless opinion.
Tyler...tell us how you really feel ;)

rmothes

Star Player

And please tell us you got denied even though you didn't submit anything. Some of us depend on the status quo.

Also, I got the absent sound that is winter crickets last time I posted the question of a possible 1-day tourney in Siren, WI on Sat. May 26th. It would be double elim, 12 team max, $200 entry. Basically a typical open WI tourney, but WI teams would be playing for money to enter state as well. The one day format means your team wouldn't need to find lodging if you didn't want and you'd have most of Memorial weekend still free. Any teams out there have any interest in this? Please let me know.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best

I feel like I made decent points for my reasoning. B+ to B really is fair for him at the end of the day.

Reno... nope no appeal or denial. I belong in C. No reason to appeal this year or in the near future. Dan is probably open to drop kicking me in the nuts after my blow up last year.