Minnesota Thread

freeze2104

Average E ringer
Danforth needs to get his appeals through before he can start saying that. Super D team ASSEMBLE!
This was on the site.. is this "new" rule because of you??

Social Media/Communication Issues (NEW)
If you take issue with the process via email, text, messenger, message board, Facebook, Twitter or any other social media outlet, and in the opinion of the committee it is detrimental to the game, your appeal will be absolutely denied.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
and how the hell did Ole get approved??

1) Probably partly my fault. You're welcome, Minnesota Appealers.

2) You Stoops are the best MN USSSA B team. Bombs away!!!!!

3) He's appealed a few times and been denied but I think B+ is fair. Now we only have 1 A card versus 2. Damn Gingy!

wildthing81

And please tell us you got denied even though you didn't submit anything. Some of us depend on the status quo.

Also, I got the absent sound that is winter crickets last time I posted the question of a possible 1-day tourney in Siren, WI on Sat. May 26th. It would be double elim, 12 team max, $200 entry. Basically a typical open WI tourney, but WI teams would be playing for money to enter state as well. The one day format means your team wouldn't need to find lodging if you didn't want and you'd have most of Memorial weekend still free. Any teams out there have any interest in this? Please let me know.
Just giving you a hard time bub I think you make valid points and show there is some variation in the appeal process

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
So are some of you usssa teams playing asa this year?

I don’t really know any of Danforths guys? Are they even any good? Sounds like archetype could be very solid if they play asa, maybe clobes?

C teams I have no idea, maybe Hassan? Keyguys and silverbacks should be ok.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
ASA D seems to always start with three or four teams that everyone has heard of, and they do solid, but then there are another five or six that kind of come out of nowhere (or have been around but nobody talks about them).

Hassan, Mayhem and Silverbacks should do real well this year in C. Key Guys and Chuck's will also be solid, I'm guessing.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
I think reckless will be just fine in C as long as they don't quit. Good pickups and core returning. Chucks should dominate in state, unless they throw in the towel and don't want to play post season.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Better not chime in on the sis vs monsta game or you might get yelled at for not picking monsta. If Monsta really has a chance why are there guys not all over on top 5 conference teams? I don't think they stand a chance. The 3 or 4 big guys on Monsta have to play out of there minds.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
What is worse:

USSSA MN Director appointment or MN USA Softball having Monsta on everything?

I think it's a toss up. Retirement pending.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Better not chime in on the sis vs monsta game or you might get yelled at for not picking monsta. If Monsta really has a chance why are there guys not all over on top 5 conference teams? I don't think they stand a chance. The 3 or 4 big guys on Monsta have to play out of there minds.
I picked SIS in 4 on a poll.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I like Monsta! It is funny that they have added free shipping to bats, I think they have a lot in stock now, demand is less. I think the only complaint is price, same is what you can get a freak or est with 12 months warranty.

I bought an asa Harvey but haven’t tried it yet.
If it’s a repainted est xl, still should be very good.

Has anybody hit in the Stillwater dome? We might be scrimmaging a team, can you use hard balls? Thanks

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I really think that's the best outcome for Monsta. I'd say a sweep is the 2nd most likely outcome.

I like the concept of it, but I feel like its going to turn into a home run derby. I guess I don't get off on that...
Personally I don't think games ever need more than 7, but what do I know. I'd rather watch guys take bases, and hit gaps. More demoralizing for the opponent.
Maybe play 2 games asa rules, and 2 usssa rules. If you need to tie break after that, then figure something out.

Man, I dig the weather today!!

wildthing81

I like the concept of it, but I feel like its going to turn into a home run derby. I guess I don't get off on that...
Personally I don't think games ever need more than 7, but what do I know. I'd rather watch guys take bases, and hit gaps. More demoralizing for the opponent.
Maybe play 2 games asa rules, and 2 usssa rules. If you need to tie break after that, then figure something out.

They set it up as unlimited homers because like the HOF Dual tourney the mens Major WS is unlimited as well but unlike those events this event is being played on the huge fields with 52 300's. I think you will see a lot of fly outs unless guys adjust their swings. Also which 52 300's are they using exactly? There are some 52 300's that are stadium like in hardness are they using those or true 52 300 mush....

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet

I'm in the same boat. I'm not that into watching home runs. I never go to the Dudley on Sunday. All of those players are really good, but 16 home runs or whatever just isn't an interesting game to watch. Gaps and defense are more fun to watch, IMO.

They set it up as unlimited homers because like the HOF Dual tourney the mens Major WS is unlimited as well but unlike those events this event is being played on the huge fields with 52 300's. I think you will see a lot of fly outs unless guys adjust their swings. Also which 52 300's are they using exactly? There are some 52 300's that are stadium like in hardness are they using those or true 52 300 mush....
The ball is a Worth Hot Dot.

I don't know if those are any good or not, to be honest.