Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The Dave Anderson fields are solid, but not spectacular. I think it’s 280-285 all the way around. I played league on them for a long time.

The YAC fields look nice, but I’ve never played on them. Only hit bp on the baseball fields right next to them (they lock up the softball fields). I thought they were 300 (Pont would know better).

Both are pretty close to highway 10.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Absolutely dumb.. corkys has gotten to big.. im sure Lauren is getting big kick backs somewhere ..

We have hotels in Owatonna, but decided if we want to stay there and drive back and forth or stay in Faribault...

Just sucks.. but I guess we get to play on fenced flds.. but last yr was really fun playing on all the show flds.. we do better on 310 fences flds theb 290 snow fence

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Holy cow a team at a utrip tourney in Florida got caught restricting balls. They were supposed to use 44/375. The balls tested were 44/500....Ban the entire team they all knew.

Last edited:

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
I've said it for a long time. Loren accepts too many teams and loses the integrity of the tournament. The response is always "it's a fundraiser tournament". Sure, I get that. But you should still put on a quality tournament instead of trying to break "records" each year.

A few years back we were supposed to play on of the last games of Saturday at an unlit field. Per usual, they were behind multiple hours. We were told we'd play our game after the HR derby. Then at about 11pm we were told it would now be a 7am game. Most of our guys weren't staying and drove anywhere from 45-90 minutes home just to slept a few hours and be back in the morning. I swear this happens to teams each year.

wildthing81

We one year played a game that was supposed to start at 9pm, it started at 12:30am. My wife and kid were sleeping in the truck as the game didnt get over until 2am. I would expect that for conference events, but not a local event. I've never much cared for corky's, as bell said its over filled, the umpires in the open level always forget homer limits and never mind the spring weather that often comes with this event.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don’t think I’m going to the picks game this year, because I sucked at doing results last season.

Thought of this because the brackets for Las Vegas are out. A couple major teams in it. The fields there always look rough, but I imagine it’s a decent warmup type tourney.

wildthing81

Thought of this because the brackets for Las Vegas are out. A couple major teams in it. The fields there always look rough, but I imagine it’s a decent warmup type tourney.

Extremely short fields with high fences on some fields, as someone who pitches it is not fun because when the homers are gone and the fields are short, they are coming right back up the middle at you.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
RIP to this forum really. page in general has been dying.
Facebook buy/sell/trade pages ate into the board big time, I think. Fewer rules, real names and whatnot.
Extremely short fields with high fences on some fields, as someone who pitches it is not fun because when the homers are gone and the fields are short, they are coming right back up the middle at you.
Nothing like getting drilled in late March, that way you can feel it through the whole first month of the season.

wildthing81

Facebook buy/sell/trade pages ate into the board big time, I think. Fewer rules, real names and whatnot.

Nothing like getting drilled in late March, that way you can feel it through the whole first month of the season.

If your drilled in the knee, ankle or side of the elbow, you feel that for months, Geno Buck Drilled me one year in Shako off the top of shin bottom of knee just above my pads, bothered me the rest of the season. Good thing im not needed for speed on the bases. Getting smoked with a Conference ZN or whatever Rock they are using now in the conference is something completely different, Nightmare drilled me twice at the HOF dual one year in the shoulder, two months later i was finally able to sleep on that bad boy.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
If your drilled in the knee, ankle or side of the elbow, you feel that for months, Geno Buck Drilled me one year in Shako off the top of shin bottom of knee just above my pads, bothered me the rest of the season. Good thing im not needed for speed on the bases. Getting smoked with a Conference ZN or whatever Rock they are using now in the conference is something completely different, Nightmare drilled me twice at the HOF dual one year in the shoulder, two months later i was finally able to sleep on that bad boy.
I can only imagine.

Forget pitching in the conference. That seems like the worst possible thing. Dirk from Xtreme showed us the bruises after he got drilled twice by Resmondo in three batters, and they were huge.

wildthing81

I can only imagine.

Forget pitching in the conference. That seems like the worst possible thing. Dirk from Xtreme showed us the bruises after he got drilled twice by Resmondo in three batters, and they were huge.
Yep agreed pitching is tough in the conference, Dirk is a tough dude, been hit many times. I didnt hear if he got picked up by someone or not for conference.

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
If I Want to get a team in for the sin city utrip tourney in Nov. .?? Do I have to sign up through utrip and be a registered team..?

After watching it this wknd we might give it a try..

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
If I Want to get a team in for the sin city utrip tourney in Nov. .?? Do I have to sign up through utrip and be a registered team..?

After watching it this wknd we might give it a try..
You'd have to be registered with USSSA, probably want to play a local tournament or two depending on how they are doing the draw. If they are seeding based on points any tournament you play is going to help. Lacelle will help you get set up if you need it.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I watched a little bit of the tourney on YouTube this weekend. That field shouldn’t be having conference tourneys. What a tiny place.

Need it to dry out around here. Not only to get some swings outside, but that first weekend in the OF might be ugly if I don’t see a couple fly balls in bp.

wildthing81

I watched a little bit of the tourney on YouTube this weekend. That field shouldn’t be having conference tourneys. What a tiny place.

Need it to dry out around here. Not only to get some swings outside, but that first weekend in the OF might be ugly if I don’t see a couple fly balls in bp.

Agreed on both accounts, but vegas is well attended so it will continue to be a conference event. Looking at the 10 day it looks like booty cheeks, only 3 days out of the next 10 reaching 50, other wise below that with rain quite a few days. I havent been able to hit outside once yet, the ground in my area is still frozen....

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Agreed on both accounts, but vegas is well attended so it will continue to be a conference event. Looking at the 10 day it looks like booty cheeks, only 3 days out of the next 10 reaching 50, other wise below that with rain quite a few days. I havent been able to hit outside once yet, the ground in my area is still frozen....
Monday might be an ok one to hit, but I bet it’ll be windy or something. Just enough to be tempting.
New jerseys just came in..

Now I'm ready for the season to start..
We got our tourney unis (except hats), and my new jersey for the last season of the league team I’ve been running for 17 years is at someone’s house, too. New uni day is always cool.