Minnesota Thread

wildthing81

Looks like it might be over Sunday.

Tournament team counts seem extremely low...
Yea i felt like the numbers were low last year as well, at least at the upper level, the first few tournys we played had to be a B-C combined because there wasnt enough Open teams. Its all the more reason in my opinion to keep forcing teams up from lower levels so each level has teams to play with and against. I know one C team said they wont play in any tourny that has open teams in it, I laughed, the majority of the tournys we played in last year had A and above teams in it, if we played against teams only our level, we would never play.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I don’t know if it’s the case, but it seems like a lot of people found other **** to do during the first Covid summer, and teams aren’t coming back as quickly.

Hopefully everything dries up for the Elk River tourney, and more teams sign up over the next two weeks.

Beauner

Starting Player
I don’t know if it’s the case, but it seems like a lot of people found other **** to do during the first Covid summer, and teams aren’t coming back as quickly.
This is what I was gonna say. Seems like a lot of people found other activities when we had 2-3 months of no ball and just moved on.

That and it seems like there are just fewer young squads at leagues that would eventually turn in to the next batch of tournament teams, etc. I know last year we had one team full of kids that were 21-23 that had some guys with a lot of talent. We added a couple to our roster for some throw together tourneys down the stretch last summer and they seemed to enjoy it. Hopefully they stick together.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
MPT with a brutal first tourney in the dual.

Resmondo lost early too, but they’re working their way through the losers bracket.

Beauner

Starting Player
Me either. Without my weekly random dart throw at the bracket for picks I haven't really even kept track of who is on what team anymore.

I did swing one of the new-ish Juno bats last weekend at the cages and was pretty impressed. The handle was too flexy and the bat was too light (he likes flex handles and 25oz bats) but the barrel felt really really nice and the ball seemed to jump really well for a bat with minimal swings.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I watch a little when they show it free on YouTube. All the baseball games were done for the night.

Does Juno have a bunch of flex options and all that? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

I play with a guy that swings an Onyx in utrip. The ball seems to come off that pretty well. I might have to try it out this summer.

Beauner

Starting Player
I watch a little when they show it free on YouTube. All the baseball games were done for the night.

Does Juno have a bunch of flex options and all that? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one before.

I play with a guy that swings an Onyx in utrip. The ball seems to come off that pretty well. I might have to try it out this summer.
I believe it's just a flex handle or stiff handle option. They don't make any in 28oz though :(

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe it's just a flex handle or stiff handle option. They don't make any in 28oz though :(
Give that feedback to Will, he can get it to Carucci and Flip. I can't believe some of the guys I saw swinging Juno at Challenge Cup were swinging lighter than 28.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I've seen reports that there were some substances involved. It was also 1am after a helluva long week at the park. I'm very interested to see what happens with points and suspensions. By the Conference Rule Book the whole MPT team could be suspended for up to a year. Branch got suspended for a month last year for less than what happened here. Andy's been suspended quite a few times for much less than what John and Flip did.
I've never seen a double forfeit called in a Conference tournament. I'm assuming I'll get an email about it this week from the folks in charge.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Anyone playing in Coon Rapids on Saturday? I’m sure it’d be fun to play, but oh boy it’s gonna be chilly.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Elk River weekend looks nice right now. Hopefully it stays that way and we can have a nice one to start the season. Ready to get out and play some games instead of bp in windowless former warehouses.

Beauner

Starting Player
Give that feedback to Will, he can get it to Carucci and Flip. I can't believe some of the guys I saw swinging Juno at Challenge Cup were swinging lighter than 28.
Per Will, the endloads on Juno bats are added in addition to the bat weight. So a 26oz balanced bat weights 26. A 26oz bat with a half ounce endload will add half an ounce and weigh 26.5. So it is possible they were swinging 27oz with the full ounce endload to weigh in at 28oz (what I'd order). It's also possible Juno customizes bat weights for their sponsored teams that they don't make available for the general public.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone heard anything from Pfeffer on I run for Ryan? I also thought they were bumped according to the Mn usa website? I know they did really well in usssa last year.

Beauner

Starting Player
Has anyone heard anything from Pfeffer on I run for Ryan? I also thought they were bumped according to the Mn usa website? I know they did really well in usssa last year.
They were on the state bump list for ASA/USA a few months ago. Maybe some appealed down? I know Tom and Dan have had C cards for 4-5 years now.
I don't recall anyone else on their USSSA team roster (except a sub here or there) having a C card for ASA. But a search from their roster last season on the ASA player classification page shows a whole bunch of C cards for 2022.