Minnesota Thread

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Here are the new standings. Bell had the highest score this week.

Maximus - 150
Yoke - 138
Sjoquist - 132
Rmothes - 122
Ringer - 122
Bell - 118
Jimbo - 114
Squeaks - 114
TS - 96
Beauner - 88
Sixes - 76
Chunkers - 72
MPG - 28
IMAC - 14
Artie DeVanzo - 6

Looks like the only tourney this weekend is ASA D North.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Well I've never had to protest a roster but MGK showed up last night and right away I see Dirty from all american who is B+. I do it before the game so he doesn't play and so it isn't a forfeit. 3 innings later I notice another B+ player, and go tell Rollin. At this point I protest again because we gave them a warning. He tells me he is going to call pfeff and give me answer when pfeff answers. 3 hours later Rollin just decides we lose the appeal and says pfeff won't answer so he decided we there roster was ok. I ask for an explanation right after he texted still no response 9 hours later.

I hope that's the first and last time I protest anything. dealing with mgk being ****s, and having all the proof needed and to still get bent over is aggravating.

Ahh the problem of TD's and State Directors not being available. Roster protests should be taken care of on the spot and no matter if it happens before the game starts or after the team should be DQ'd. TD's have to be willing to enforce the roster requirements and maintain a level of fair play. Until this happens, well it just wont get any better.

Have to admit - I dont miss the game.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Yeah whats the point of any of this if the rules weren't going to be followed. I never got an explanation, I was just ignored even tho He's rated B+, and Kimster posted a picture of him playing against us. I didn't know what else to do but just forget about it. We played like crap anyways so there's that.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
It's a little ways off, but I'm curious.

Any interest in getting together for Team SBF for Fall Firemen's?

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Also, if you're going to let it be an open tournament, just make it an open tournament. I can't imagine it messes with the numbers that much.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
So while its fresh here's what the top candidates to be bumped look like to me.

B to A:
All American

C to B:
C State Bumps: 1st - Adrenaline
2nd - BBS/Monsta - Nothing gained since they played open all year anyway
3rd - Precision Lining

Maybe MN Miracle for 2nd at USSSA C State?

Best of the rest:
Comatose .866 Win%, Statefarm .650 Win%, Demarini .612 Win%, Cowboy Jacks .610 Win%, Blainebrook .640 Win%

D to C:
D State Bumps:
Blackout 2nd at D South
Mankato Iron 1st at D South
GAF 3rd at D South
Warriors .652 W% and 4th at D South
AMEC/Jeb 1st a D USSSA
Archtype Signs 3rd at D USSSA
Eurotech 2nd at D USSSA

Best of the Rest:
The Shante .833 W%, MN Dirty .681 W%, Reckless .642 W%
OSS .800 W%, UHR .652 w%, Mich Golden .620 w%

I personally would love to see nice amount of C teams moved up to B. I think it would benefit them all to go in a larger group vs 1 or 2 that seem like the fresh meat to get smashed all year.

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah whats the point of any of this if the rules weren't going to be followed. I never got an explanation, I was just ignored even tho He's rated B+, and Kimster posted a picture of him playing against us. I didn't know what else to do but just forget about it. We played like crap anyways so there's that.

Who was the second player

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
So while its fresh here's what the top candidates to be bumped look like to me.

B to A:
All American

C to B:
C State Bumps: 1st - Adrenaline
2nd - BBS/Monsta - Nothing gained since they played open all year anyway
3rd - Precision Lining

Maybe MN Miracle for 2nd at USSSA C State?

Best of the rest:
Comatose .866 Win%, Statefarm .650 Win%, Demarini .612 Win%, Cowboy Jacks .610 Win%, Blainebrook .640 Win%

D to C:
D State Bumps:
Blackout 2nd at D South
Mankato Iron 1st at D South
GAF 3rd at D South
Warriors .652 W% and 4th at D South
AMEC/Jeb 1st a D USSSA
Archtype Signs 3rd at D USSSA
Eurotech 2nd at D USSSA

Best of the Rest:
The Shante .833 W%, MN Dirty .681 W%, Reckless .642 W%
OSS .800 W%, UHR .652 w%, Mich Golden .620 w%

I personally would love to see nice amount of C teams moved up to B. I think it would benefit them all to go in a larger group vs 1 or 2 that seem like the fresh meat to get smashed all year.

All American is not going to matter if they get bumped to A. Cause they still play open.. And till the day the national office patrols the national tourney. Then dont make it impossible for the.

Newbreeds Won ASA B last year. 13 people showed up to the tourney and full unis were handed out there. This is a problem

Adranaline, and BBS to B is fine. Precision is a stretch Adranalines bump has to be national, and not let them just register in another state

COmatose to B is fine as well, however their state director wont make them bump

Im good on your 4 D teams to C in ASA, however I dont think Utrip D needs to be screwed with.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Utrip is going to screw with the whole thing themselves, I'm sure. Eye tests and whatnot.

It's probably for the best. I don't know that D Rec should have that many more teams than D Comp. You shouldn't have to have them separated.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
Bumping anyone in USSSA C almost guarantees them folding or only playing MN Conference and the Dudley...maybe. Zero USSSA B teams in state. I doubt we get bumped. Bud maybe.

USSSA D: AMEC should be bumped to C. Eurotech, Archtype and MN A's should be safe to stay in D Comp.

ASA C: Adrenaline and BBS will be bumped. I would say Precision remains C but you never know.

Comatose has one of the best shots to be nationally bumped in the area. They are an ASA juggernaut. I know Adrenaline has done really well in state but name the last non-MN based team they've beaten... maybe The Box/3xGear back in the beginning of June in Sioux Falls? Otherwise it was the Shamrock Slam in March?

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
My bumps are on the asa/usa side. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what makes teams get bumped on the Usssa side of things.

Anyone other than D.Rainmann Farms have a chance to go back to C?

Chad Johnson was the 2nd player.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Bumping anyone in USSSA C almost guarantees them folding or only playing MN Conference and the Dudley...maybe. Zero USSSA B teams in state. I doubt we get bumped. Bud maybe.

USSSA D: AMEC should be bumped to C. Eurotech, Archtype and MN A's should be safe to stay in D Comp.

ASA C: Adrenaline and BBS will be bumped. I would say Precision remains C but you never know.

Comatose has one of the best shots to be nationally bumped in the area. They are an ASA juggernaut. I know Adrenaline has done really well in state but name the last non-MN based team they've beaten... maybe The Box/3xGear back in the beginning of June in Sioux Falls? Otherwise it was the Shamrock Slam in March?

Adrenaline was in Fargo in June and played open. took 2nd to heartland.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Would anyone rated C or D like to play in lovely Bemidji this weekend? Last minute work things have us at 10.

Beauner

Starting Player
Utrip is going to screw with the whole thing themselves, I'm sure. Eye tests and whatnot.

It's probably for the best. I don't know that D Rec should have that many more teams than D Comp. You shouldn't have to have them separated.
The teams that finished 2nd and 1st in D Rec probably could have played D Comp. The guy from MN Mercenaries actually said they signed up to play D Comp but their league director signed them up for Rec. Looking at the teams that signed up for D Comp, my team probably could have won a couple games there, depending on the draw.

I wanted my team to sign up for D Comp but was overruled (partially because we had a pretty rough season in the tournaments we played in other than a decent 2-2 record at Corky's where we lost to OSS --and blew an 11 run lead in bottom 7-- and Silent Ducks) so we signed up for Rec and then won it. For the first time since Corky's we had our full roster at our disposal (three guys coach baseball and are often unavailable during the summer on weekends because of it). I told my team that next year we're playing D Comp for sure and I'm not letting anyone complain about it after winning Rec this year.

That said, some of the teams that were in the D Rec bracket would lose 40-0 against some of the teams that were in the D Comp bracket. If I remember right, MN Mercenaries won their first three games something like 73-8.

Last edited:

StinkyCheeks

Addicted to Softballfans
My bumps are on the asa/usa side. I wouldn't have the slightest idea what makes teams get bumped on the Usssa side of things.

Anyone other than D.Rainmann Farms have a chance to go back to C?

Chad Johnson was the 2nd player.

Unfortunately I will have to agree. Face is not B+. He travels with All American, but I cant tell you the last time I actually saw him play for them.

You had a legit gripe in Dirty, Face. Probably not

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
The teams that finished 2nd and 1st in D Rec probably could have played D Comp. The guy from MN Mercenaries actually said they signed up to play D Comp but their league director signed them up for Rec. Looking at the teams that signed up for D Comp, my team probably could have won a couple games there, depending on the draw.

I wanted my team to sign up for D Comp but was overruled (partially because we had a pretty rough season in the tournaments we played in other than a decent 2-2 record at Corky's where we lost to OSS --and blew an 11 run lead in bottom 7-- and Silent Ducks) so we signed up for Rec and then won it. For the first time since Corky's we had our full roster at our disposal (three guys coach baseball and are often unavailable during the summer on weekends because of it). I told my team that next year we're playing D Comp for sure and I'm not letting anyone complain about it after winning Rec this year.

That said, some of the teams that were in the D Rec bracket would lose 40-0 against some of the teams that were in the D Comp bracket. If I remember right, MN Mercenaries won their first three games something like 73-8.

Yeah, if you win Rec you should definitely try Comp next year. I don't think it's that intimidating to jump up that half class, or whatever it might be.

Half of those teams should move up to Comp, the other half probably are teams that are meant for E. Those teams that have played E for 10 years should definitely move up.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Unfortunately I will have to agree. Face is not B+. He travels with All American, but I cant tell you the last time I actually saw him play for them.

You had a legit gripe in Dirty, Face. Probably not

It's mainly how it was handled. He's rated B+, so there's that. Rollin 3 hours later sends 1 message. No explanation. I ask a couple questions no answer. Guys on my team wanted an explanation and my answer was he isn't responding or he shut his phone off, because that's how it was handled.

baldgriff

Lead Oompah Loompah....
Player ratings are for current year - whether one agrees with them or not. So if he is rated B+ than the rules should have applied based on the players rating. If he isnt qualified and the team was playing with an illegal roster then they should have at a minimum lost the game, but likely should have been dq'ed.

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans
Adrenaline and BBS should be the moveups from C. I agree with Tiny, the only way you move more up is to do it in a pack.

Beauner

Starting Player
Yeah, if you win Rec you should definitely try Comp next year. I don't think it's that intimidating to jump up that half class, or whatever it might be.

Half of those teams should move up to Comp, the other half probably are teams that are meant for E. Those teams that have played E for 10 years should definitely move up.
That's the plan.
We play league with the Minnesota A's and SBI in Burnsville and although we held our own against them this season (never beat SBI but had multiple opportunities and beat the A's twice) we also know that tournament ball vs. league ball is a pretty significant jump, particularly with those two teams.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
SBI is definitely a C team. We are 1-1 against them and they've beaten other C teams in Edina, Frolics and C State. Miken/Lookout was missing Boettner which was a tough loss for their team for the weekend.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
That's the plan.
We play league with the Minnesota A's and SBI in Burnsville and although we held our own against them this season (never beat SBI but had multiple opportunities and beat the A's twice) we also know that tournament ball vs. league ball is a pretty significant jump, particularly with those two teams.

I haven't seen you guys play, but if you're good enough to win D Rec, you can hang with a good chunk of the D teams.

I've always kind of thought the jump from D to C wasn't that bad. C teams have a little more skill, but what they really have is more consistency. You aren't getting away with as many garbage hits, and there aren't as many miss hit balls.

SBI is definitely a C team. We are 1-1 against them and they've beaten other C teams in Edina, Frolics and C State. Miken/Lookout was missing Boettner which was a tough loss for their team for the weekend.

Was Boettner with BBS this weekend?

So much baby daddy drama on here! LOL

I used to be able to watch those Maury episodes where they go, "You are NOT the father!", but now I feel all bad for the kid. It's stupid. Getting older is stupid.