Minnesota Thread

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll be watching to see Brady get #6. I think next year will be tough for the Vikes. Most the team quit early in that game and that is tough to get past. We were out coached by alot as well. I'm hoping our new OC is more aggressive. Our only throws down field were blown coverages.

I'm not going to be to hard on Shurmur, and actually wished he wasn't leaving. I think he did what he could with the QB we had. Keenum gave us all he had all year, and you have to respect that. But he in no way is a game changer. With all that being said, I don't know if there is anything out there better right now. I'm curious as to what a bigger, stronger Bridgewater could bring to the table. But also think he will never be an upper tier QB, and Bradford is damaged goods unfortunately

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Does adding Yu Darvish do much for the Twins? I can't complain they are possibly spending money for a change but I wish we would have gotten in the middle of the Gerrit Cole trade.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Does adding Yu Darvish do much for the Twins? I can't complain they are possibly spending money for a change but I wish we would have gotten in the middle of the Gerrit Cole trade.
IMO, Darvish is better than Cole. The guy to trade for that might be better is Chris Archer.

It'd definitely help. Get one of those two guys, that moves the other guys down a slot. They'd have one more spot to fill, but that's maybe where you give a young guy a chance.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best

Darvish is solid but I think they'd be better suited not spending that kind of money on a 31 year old who can't seem to stop tipping pitches and getting blown up in the post season. Throw cash at Arrieta instead and try to lure him to Mpls/StP.

sjoquist43

Addicted to Softballfans
Darvish is solid but I think they'd be better suited not spending that kind of money on a 31 year old who can't seem to stop tipping pitches and getting blown up in the post season. Throw cash at Arrieta instead and try to lure him to Mpls/StP.

I'd take either, I think Arrieta is basically the same age as Darvish. Both of their era's have gone up in the last year. Archer would be great, I think it kind of depends if we are going to sign Dozier to a multi year deal again. Because Gordon would be involved in the deal, and our #1 pick from last year isn't going anywhere.

Maximus Decimus

Slap Hands!
Boy this crap changes day to day. Now the Cubs are #1 and brewers & twins as a backup plan. Cubs signed the twins backup catcher but he's Darvish's personal catcher.

Beauner

Starting Player
I'll be watching to see Brady get #6. I think next year will be tough for the Vikes. Most the team quit early in that game and that is tough to get past. We were out coached by alot as well. I'm hoping our new OC is more aggressive. Our only throws down field were blown coverages.
Part of the reason we never threw down field is because Keenum has a super weak arm on deep throws. He's been terrible at it all year.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Boy this crap changes day to day. Now the Cubs are #1 and brewers & twins as a backup plan. Cubs signed the twins backup catcher but he's Darvish's personal catcher.
Yeah, it's hard to follow. I'd imagine he'd sign before spring training starts, so that's less than three weeks away at this point. After that, the others will go quickly.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, it's hard to follow. I'd imagine he'd sign before spring training starts, so that's less than three weeks away at this point. After that, the others will go quickly.

It's been a very weird offseason. It's crazy how many guys are still out there.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd take a couple guys that played in the MLB last year on our team.

"What is the team meal like after the games?"

"uhhhh...I can get you some poppers if we're in Hanover"

It would be fun to see what a gold Glover inf/outfielder would be like in a d tourney.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
After a couple rounds of BP to get the timing down, they'd be fun to watch, that's for sure.

And don't throw them a flat pitch, cause they'll knock your **** off.

Donger73

Addicted to Softballfans
It would be boring for them. Look at what a failed AAA player does.... He's the best hitter in the country. A guy like Nick Punto would be just filthy playing softball.

Wish Jay Buhner or Matt Stairs took up softball after retirement

Buddy of mine did play against Eric Byrnes years ago when he was released, then showed up with his buddies in beer league the next week. said he was easily a B/C player once he figured out real timing of his swing lol

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
I was busy focusing on ways to turn 7's into 8's when I wrote the year wrong at work.

North Dakota apparently doesn't know you can just edit the title, they're stuck in 2015. :)

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
It would be boring for them. Look at what a failed AAA player does.... He's the best hitter in the country. A guy like Nick Punto would be just filthy playing softball.

When I was playing in Philadelphia, the team would always make a trip to Ocean City, MD and play in their Halloween tournament. We played a team who had a ex-Baltimore relief pitcher playing third. He said he only made a few appearances but lets just say the ball was coming across the infield with at least a 9 as the first number in the mph...

I will remember the game we played them because we were up something like 24-6 in the top of 4, we had just put up a big spot. They ended up beating us 45-29 or so in 5. we couldn't buy an out.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
When I was playing in Philadelphia, the team would always make a trip to Ocean City, MD and play in their Halloween tournament. We played a team who had a ex-Baltimore relief pitcher playing third. He said he only made a few appearances but lets just say the ball was coming across the infield with at least a 9 as the first number in the mph...

I will remember the game we played them because we were up something like 24-6 in the top of 4, we had just put up a big spot. They ended up beating us 45-29 or so in 5. we couldn't buy an out.

I have played ball with 3 guys that had different level arms, first guy had the best outfield arm I’ve ever seen, said he topped out at 88 mph. Another guy had a great inf arm, plays b now petitioning to c:). And the last guy played catcher at ndsu, and claims he could throw 90? But all 3 were far and away the best I’ve played with.

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
I have played ball with 3 guys that had different level arms, first guy had the best outfield arm I’ve ever seen, said he topped out at 88 mph. Another guy had a great inf arm, plays b now petitioning to c:). And the last guy played catcher at ndsu, and claims he could throw 90? But all 3 were far and away the best I’ve played with.

88 mph is no slouch with a softball. I have played and tried out for some very good baseball teams so I was lucky enough to see some excellent arms in baseball. But this dude was far and above anything I have seen in softball.

Kenny Powers

Addicted to Softballfans

Back on V+ We had Bret Mitchell one summer after he got released from A ball with the Mets. He was a pitcher and I believe he said he was around 92. Best arm I’ve seen with a softball and it isn’t even close.