Monsta why

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok my analogy is off then. That's fine.

I swing and pay more for a Monsta because I like the bats immensely.
Mine was too. I got distracted along the way. I should've said would you pay 200 on the road instead of 100 at home because you don't want to support the ownership, but there's no good way to add in the, you have to ask for tickets and wait for them to decide you get them at home, as long as you don't ask when you can expect them, etc.

We have no ASA here, so I don't have to worry about it since he can't get any other sanctions to take his bats, but I just don't get it. I know they're not that much better, and all of the headaches that come with them just seem dumb to me.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I purchased a DNA at the beginning of last year. I'll swing it until it breaks. Then i'll move back to Demarini. Carl is a clown. The bats are meh.

dj714

Addicted to Softballfans
question to the guys that swing these. are the blem torch that came out more fragile then a none blem torch?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i've not seen many dna's not pass compression test....meanwhile lots of demarinis' and combats just aren't passing at all. my 13 dba didn't even come close and my 15 AM USA didn't either.

people will pay to not have to deal with compression test headaches.

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
i've not seen many dna's not pass compression test....meanwhile lots of demarinis' and combats just aren't passing at all. my 13 dba didn't even come close and my 15 AM USA didn't either.

I can agree with this^^^^
But, I dont personally see any real advantage swinging the DNA over other bats that I've owned. I wanted to try one to see what the fuss was about, now I'll probably move on.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

Was it a not understanding non-linear bats issue?

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
a bat from 2013 not passing in 2016, cant imagine why

uhhh 13 wanted and 14 BO wanted passed non linear compression just a few months ago.

its all in what you see. when you are seeing demars, mikens, and combats fail regularly but seemingly every DNA pass, it gets frustrating.

i dont' think they are hotter than anything else, i think they are one of the best but have a small sweetspot compared to the demarini's and combats.

waznell

Nobody
Not a fan of my torch but my bombardier is hotter than my 14'AM OG and the same price.
Anyone need a torch?

Hogrider

why is the bomb so hott?
My torch and DNA are pretty hot.... never swung the BOMB... not a huge 1 piece fan...

Whats hotter fellas... bomb, torch, dna

milfhunter00

The Veteran
why is the bomb so hott?
My torch and DNA are pretty hot.... never swung the BOMB... not a huge 1 piece fan...

Whats hotter fellas... bomb, torch, dna

I'd go Torch. I just couldn't get a feel for the bat. Swing 28oz and the 27 was just too light and balanced for me so I'm moving it. I feel real comfortable with my Torch now after about 150 cuts. I can hit the barrel with my hand and hear the inner barrel smacking now.

didn't they come out and say the torch is basically the dna?

I don't know if it is a change in weighting, a change in the shape of in the inner barrel, etc., but I haven't heard as much complaining about the Torch hitting knuckle balls like the DNA.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
When did M stop offering balanced, midload, and endload options? Now only midload? Wasn't that the only thing they had going for them?

sjury

The Old Man
I know guys will argue this but physics doesn't lie. With everything the same, a ball hit at 97.5 (DNA) and 97.7 (torch) mph off the bat the difference in distance is .... 7 inches if it traveled 320 ft off the DNA. All the bats are within a few mph of each other. So a bat that hits a ball at 95mph the ball will only travel 312 feet. 8 feet less than one at 97.5. Realistically there is no noticeable difference in today's bats as far as performance. I have a DNA because I like balanced bats, endloaded bats don't fit my swing well. I like my Worth 454 from 2013, and I like the balanced legit as well.

n.e.mich

I am not brand loyal at all and have swung nearly every bat out there having played for so long. I currently own a '14 and a '15 Aftermath. Liked how the '14 swung so I bought the '15 at a great price last winter. Anyhow, couple of teammates have DNA's so I finally swung one this weekend. It without a doubt outperforms either of my Demarini's. My '14 has a ton of swings on it and the '15 has maybe 75-100. They are great bats as well but that DNA is quite a bit better. That's just my opinion anyhow, so believe what you want, but I was very impressed.

batting4th

Addicted to Softballfans
Just my opinion, several of the Monsta bats are notably better when the weather gets hot and muggy. we have to remember, when testing is done to receive ASA certification, this is done in a controlled environment. if you have above 70mph swing speed (the speed at which ASA approves there bats) these bats will exceed the 98mph limit. I tested both last years flipper usa and the dna hitting zn dudley 52's. the fastest i was able to hit a demarini was 101 mph and the DNA i hit 108 mph. So yes, testing is the same in a lab, but on field performance is different for sure. With that said, there is also a cult like following for Monsta, similar to VW with cars, and people will pay more for them if you are in that circle.

RustyShakleford

ASA uses a "swing speed" of 80 mph, not 70 mph. They also use a "pitch speed" of 25 mph. I use those in quotes because the test fires a ball at 105 mph at a stationary bat. There is not some robot swigging a bat at a pitched ball at those speeds. The test and real life are very very different.

Sayings "if you have above 80mph swing speed (the speed at which ASA approves there bats) these bats will exceed the 98mph limit." is just wrong. There are way too many other variables in the performance of the bat including the ball, pitch speed, contact location on the bat, environmental factors etc.

Oh and that VW cult is gonna get you. The monsta cult is filled with meatheads and jackasses lead by the king jackass.

batting4th

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA uses a "swing speed" of 80 mph, not 70 mph. They also use a "pitch speed" of 25 mph. I use those in quotes because the test fires a ball at 105 mph at a stationary bat. There is not some robot swigging a bat at a pitched ball at those speeds. The test and real life are very very different.

Sayings "if you have above 80mph swing speed (the speed at which ASA approves there bats) these bats will exceed the 98mph limit." is just wrong. There are way too many other variables in the performance of the bat including the ball, pitch speed, contact location on the bat, environmental factors etc.

Oh and that VW cult is gonna get you. The monsta cult is filled with meatheads and jackasses lead by the king jackass.

Sorry 80 mph swing speed. It seems we agree that the on field performance is definitely different than the lab testing, that was all i was trying to say. When all is said and done, I becomes personal preference when it comes to the bat you use.

Linedrive83

Addicted to Softballfans
I finally swung a torch over the weekend. I usually swing a greinhart 275 the blue pink one. Distance seemed a tad further with the torch and when I hit the very first ball I went about 295ft. I don't hit hrs ever. 300 ft field so I was close and ended that game 4 for 4 with 2 triples, double, and a single. Every hit seemed easy.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
The dna is great. My personal experience tells me that it hits better than my dba in humid weather. I think it hits it better than any aftermath I've had...I've owned several '13's and '14's.
Right now I swing either a 13 dba or my dna.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Final 4 teams in B nationals this weekend- 3 were monsta teams. Ended up 2 of them for B title. Tell me now their product is junk.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
There are some saying it's junk stuff but the general consensus is that they are another great bat but are you saying it was all about the bats and the players have nothing to do with playing /hitting great.