Monsta why

Linedrive83

Addicted to Softballfans
Why are these bats so outrageous. They seriously can't be that great can they over all the other top bats that would make used ones with 800 hit DNA worth 400$ when it was 200 new? What is so great over a demarini or any other 2 piece bat. I have yet to swing one so I really don't know.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
They do not out hit demarini, but they do rank right up there with the best for ASA. Ppl are willing to pay extra to not deal with the owner. I know ppl who had to wait months to get their bat directly from Monsta. To some its worth paying extra to get a bat in a few days.

Linedrive83

Addicted to Softballfans
But why would u pay 400 for a bat when u can pay half for a demarini that's just as good with a warranty. Even if u did get warranty with monsta you will have to deal with the owner lol.

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
They really are great bats. But the owner is an ass so I sold all my Monstas. I've had 3 DNAs, 2 15s, 1 BMLC, and one OG Blsck Stamp. All of them FIRE. but moved them all and went back to DeMarini based on how readily available they are and not having to deal with the owner LOL

pirates33

Addicted to Softballfans
Owned a DNA, its one of the better ASA bats but its performance isn't noticeable better than anything else. Bats can only be so hot in order to pass certification so no bat can ever be that much hotter than the rest of the pack.

Matt1336

Addicted to Softballfans
The dna is imo the hottest bat out there that will continue to pass compression despite having a crap load of hits on it. In my experience pretty much any demar will fail with considerably less hits. You could justify the outrageous prices on dna because of this fact alone. Put 1k hits on a demar its not passing. In my experience with dnas, they pass.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
The dna is imo the hottest bat out there that will continue to pass compression despite having a crap load of hits on it. In my experience pretty much any demar will fail with considerably less hits. You could justify the outrageous prices on dna because of this fact alone. Put 1k hits on a demar its not passing. In my experience with dnas, they pass.

I disagree with part of your statement. I have a j3a that has well over 1000 swings on it, and still passes compression. I only hit 52's with it. Also the dna has been rumored to fail compression from time to time, and I also believe it will fail once the outer shell starts to crack. The fact of the matter is, ppl hit harder balls with demars and complain when their bats fail compression. Almost no one hits anything but 52's with their DNA. You would hear about plenty of DNAs failing compression if ppl abused them like they do their demars.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
They really are great bats. But the owner is an ass so I sold all my Monstas. I've had 3 DNAs, 2 15s, 1 BMLC, and one OG Blsck Stamp. All of them FIRE. but moved them all and went back to DeMarini based on how readily available they are and not having to deal with the owner LOL

I did the exact same jackrook. Moved both my DNAs and zombie after picking my j3a back up, and hitting the 16 line.

RalphG427

On the bench
I'm a Demarini guy but I have a torch coming. Hit a team mates and it's absolutely nasty with the .52 cot balls which is all I've hit in the past 2 years. I particularly like the mid load on it. This years blue flipper is equally as good just too balanced for my liking

HarryL Southpaw

Addicted to Softballfans
I swing a DNA because it fits my swing and performs excellent for me. I really like it. I could care less about ownership.

It's much like my Mets, I love my team but the owners.....not so much so I still support them regardless.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I swing a DNA because it fits my swing and performs excellent for me. I really like it. I could care less about ownership.

It's much like my Mets, I love my team but the owners.....not so much so I still support them regardless.
To continue your strange analogy, would you pay $200 to see the mets play at home when you could see them play on the road for $100 or less?

People are free to spend their money as they please, but I have never hit a bat that fit my swing so well that it was worth twice what the next best bat was. I also can't think of a bat off the top of my head that I couldn't fit my swing to in 100 bp swings or less, and I love to take bp so that's not a bad thing for me.

Every time these threads come up the monsta fans have different reasons. When the DNA hype was waning and the new bats were the stuff it's because the new bats were hotter and the DNA's sweetspot is smaller. Now that their hype is fading the DNA is super hot and lasts forever. When the next new model comes out it'll be something different.

HarryL Southpaw

Addicted to Softballfans
TO be brutally honest?
To continue your strange analogy, would you pay $200 to see the mets play at home when you could see them play on the road for $100 or less?

People are free to spend their money as they please, but I have never hit a bat that fit my swing so well that it was worth twice what the next best bat was. I also can't think of a bat off the top of my head that I couldn't fit my swing to in 100 bp swings or less, and I love to take bp so that's not a bad thing for me.

Every time these threads come up the monsta fans have different reasons. When the DNA hype was waning and the new bats were the stuff it's because the new bats were hotter and the DNA's sweetspot is smaller. Now that their hype is fading the DNA is super hot and lasts forever. When the next new model comes out it'll be something different.

To be brutally honest, yes I would because I love Citi Field. I don't mind spending the extra money to see them there.

Much like I didn't mind spending the extra on a DNA that I really enjoy vs other bats that I did not like as much.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why your analogy is off. Because you love the field, whereas spending the extra money in that example only benefits the ownership you said you don't particularly care for. Paying more to buy a Monsta second-hand avoids supporting the ownership, although it does support them to an extent. Many people buy these bats seeing their absurd resale value and assume it's because of the quality of the product.

Hogrider

You swing what u like or what fits your swing best.
I own a DNA and torch which sit in the bag and just sold two orange 13' DBA's.... Why? Bc i swing the J3A better. My 1 teammate swears by the torch and another the DNA. They are all great bats. If I swung the DNA that much better than the rest in my bag, I'd pay 300+ to swing what I like.

For the record, Carl is a compete donkey.

hwood

RESIDENT STUD
Whether u hate them or not, they are really really good bats . That smoke the mush balls.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
Swing what you like.
2 most popular for Asa seem to be demar and monsta.
I've swung every Demar there is, of every year made in the last 5 years.
Torch is without a doubt the best bat for me.

HarryL Southpaw

Addicted to Softballfans
That's why your analogy is off. Because you love the field, whereas spending the extra money in that example only benefits the ownership you said you don't particularly care for. Paying more to buy a Monsta second-hand avoids supporting the ownership, although it does support them to an extent. Many people buy these bats seeing their absurd resale value and assume it's because of the quality of the product.
Ok my analogy is off then. That's fine.

I swing and pay more for a Monsta because I like the bats immensely.