New Adidas 12 in

Bmac19

Thanks to Bobby Davis, we hit 12" Melee 2's last week at Woodlawn and they are awesome! I was told that there are a limited number available right now with more on the way...I agree with Bruce...contact Lee Trotter or any of the Adidas Suncoast guys to get your hands on one...you won't be disappointed.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I am hearing we will have these by month's end and yes they come in 25EL. They raised prices on them though so do not expect usual Melee pricing.

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
Have about 200 hits on my 2017 M2 12".
Bat is turning into a monster. Swings really smooth with excellent pop/distance. Is on par with my WELL BROKEN IN,2016 26 oz. M2 endload bat. Awesome feel/balance with awesome performance. This is a must have if you love short barrels.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
One should be waiting for me when I get to Florida Sunday. Will try to game it Tuesday with zero swings on it.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
any of you have a 27oz 2017?
I have measured the balance point of a 26oz and it is WAY out there at >22" from the knob, which makes it feel like a sledgehammer to me. Wondering what the balance point on a 27oz is .................

96packers

OG Titletown
I have measured the balance point of a 26oz and it is WAY out there at >22" from the knob, which makes it feel like a sledgehammer to me. Wondering what the balance point on a 27oz is .................

So how what do you normally swing? Was thinking a 27 when I get one. Normally swing a og u2 27...so.... ?

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Bobby - feel is subjective. That's why balancing a bat on my finger and then measuring from the knob end works for me in finding a bat that "feels" the same to me.
My gamers have been 27oz with balance point around 21"

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
What I do, Bobby, is measure how far out the balance point is from the knob end (including the knob). Most of my Combat (2016 Maxum, Gray snake & yellow Macenko) 27/28ozEL and even my Reebok yellow 28oz measure about 21" +/- 1/4" and all "feel" about the same to me. Once the balance point gets up to the 22" range, it starts to feel like a sledgehammer and <20.25" starts to feel like a toothpick TO ME.

Interestingly, I recently had the opportunity to swing a new Dudley EL and it just didn't "feel" right to me. I eyeballed the balance point and compared to my bats in my bag and it was a good 1+" less (maybe around 19.75-20").
It may be all in my head, but that is how I stick to the same "feel" bats once I get used to one.
So, I would really want to know the balance point of the new Adidas 27oz before I shell out almost $200.

Fennellwg

Dave V. measured total weight and barrel weight of 27 oz Melee 2 with 12 in barrel ( see link above)
If his weights are correct, the balance point should be 21.4" from knob.
BP x total wt = barrel wt x total length
(BP = 16.7 x 34 / 26.5)
Bill

Last edited:

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I wanted one but as far as I am concerned they are over pricing them,when you can get a dudley for $170.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
good/interesting info , fennellwg. from the info in the vid, i get same balance pt using slightly different formula;
the % of the wt that in the barrel X the length.
(16.7 / 26.5) x 34 = 21.4
This makes the 27oz Adidas 12" WAY more endloaded than the Dudley 12" EL that I swung

Fennellwg

For comparison purposes, a little while back, Doug posted that his 27 oz melee2 (normal length barrel) had a measured BP of 21.5"

It's curious that his measurement is even higher than the estimate for Dave's 12 in barrel M2.

regards,
Bill

96packers

OG Titletown

Dave V. measured total weight and barrel weight of 27 oz Melee 2 with 12 in barrel ( see link above)
If his weights are correct, the balance point should be 21.4" from knob.
BP x total wt = barrel wt x total length
(BP = 16.7 x 34 / 26.5)
Bill

Dave's video is actual pretty interesting...never looked at it that way

Fennellwg

I agree that the numbers can be very helpful in quantifying the "feel" of a bat you may like to swing.

IMO, Doug had the best approach by using a number he called the swing index.
SWING INDEX= BP X TOTAL WT.
It turns out that swing index is a very good estimate for the moment of inertia (MOI) of a bat.

It won't tell you how durable or hot a bat may be, but it is the number one variable controlling your potential batspeed.

Bats with similar swing index ( and MOI) tend to have the same "feel" to the individual with regards to hand speed, reaction time, bat speed, etc.

-bill

obagain

Dr. bats are for wimps
Most every guy that has hit mine asks about the 12" barrel and it will be harder to hit.
After a round of Bp they find it is actually easy to hit and has a better feel.
As normal with reebok it has plenty of pop.