New Adidas 12 in

Dogue

Evil Genius
I've not hit the 12" Adidas but I know I thought that about the Dudley, that the small barrel would be harder to hit (I need all the barrel I can get) but I've bp'd a teammates and I like the feel. I can see a 12" barrel making it into my bag soon.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
OK so my unscientific measurements show the 12 inch barrel is only 1/2 inch farther from the knob compared to last year's version. No sledgehammer feel at all. If I can't get some swings on it tomorrow I will game it Tuesday right outta the wrapper.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Got about 40 hits on it today on a baseball field with BP Rockets, seeing as I was on a snowboard 2 days ago I hit pretty well. The fence was 330 down the line 365 to the alley and 400 to center. My best shots were a couple that landed on the track in LC. It's tough to gage how well it hit as I really was just swinging outta my ass. Overall it swings very nice. Will game it tomorrow in Collier County

Last edited:

hitemdeep

Addicted to Softballfans
My friend bought the 27oz 12" personally to me felt very heavy and extremely end loaded. I hit a 27oz og u2 in senior and 26oz white D.C. 41 in league. To me both those bats feel the same weight wise to me. Will say the Addias came through the zone effortless only put a handful of swings on it before a league game. Just to much of a heavy feel for my liking.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I bought one of the 12" Dudley 2.0's late last year. Now Dave is saying that he's getting a lot of reports that the second batch ones are both not as hot and cracking early. Don't know if I have one of the "good" ones or not. I was trying to resist getting the Melee 12" but looks like I'm going to have to get one. Last year's Melee 2 27el did feel and measure slightly more endloaded than the OG Dudley 12", but less endloaded than my 2016 Big Cat.

Pack, the weighting of the 13" Melee el is going to be around the same as your Max Recoil. I don't know about the 12" Melee yet, but a lot of times a shorter barrel does not make a bat feel more endloaded. The shorter barrel is weighted closer to the end, but there is less of it. Your U2 is by far the most balanced.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Last year's 27 endload was the first endload that I was able to master. That being said I have never been an endload guy and not a fan of sledgehammer feel. This 12 barrel was by no means a sledgehammer

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
2 games and the bat hits very well. Had 2 today on the 325 field just short of the fence. Wondering how much better distance will be once its broken in. Never thought I could master a short barrel endload. Thats behind me now.

slisoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Bobby, I need to get you out to one of my Slow Pitch Softball hitting academies. We let attendee's swing the new Adidas bats and try them out live.
SLi

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't know there was a LS and SS version of the blue ASA PST. Learned my something new for the day. I can go home now ......

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Yeah the SS blue PST was 27 oz and very endloaded. It also had the thinnest/Hottest PST shell of all the bats.

96packers

OG Titletown
B&G was the best by far.. still have mine but the kids used and killed it ....sniff sniff

liked the blue but hit better with the B&G

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I just got a a 28oz. Melee12. Last year's 27oz. Melee2 has a balance point at 21.5" from the handle. I just remeasured all of them. The Melee12 28oz. balances at 20.625". The swing weight of the 28oz Melee12 calculates at 578 vs. the 27oz. Melee2 at 581. My 27oz. Lightning Legend 2.0 is slightly under weight (26.8) and balances the same as the Melee12, 20.625", which is considerably LESS endloaded than the OG Legend.

The 27oz. has a handle weight of 9.7oz. The 28oz has a handle weight of 10.7oz. I remember about 10 years back when some manufacturers were "recertifying" bats that were too hot by adding weight to the handle :( It appears that the Adidas 28 is a 27 with an ounce of weight added to the handle :(. If that's the case I'd rather have a 27.

I know that with many bats, the 28oz is less endloaded than the 27oz, but geez I was expecting more junk in the trunk of the Melee12.

Last edited:

juice9

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got a a 28oz. Melee12. Last year's 27oz. Melee2 has a balance point at 21.5" from the handle. I just remeasured all of them. The Melee12 28oz. balances at 20.625". The swing weight of the 28oz Melee12 calculates at 578 vs. the 27oz. Melee2 at 581. My 27oz. Lightning Legend 2.0 is slightly under weight (26.8) and balances the same as the Melee12, 20.625", which is considerably LESS endloaded than the OG Legend.
I know that with many bats, the 28oz is less endloaded than the 27oz, but geez I was expecting more junk in the trunk of the Melee12.
===================================================================================================
I notice a big difference in my Melee12 27oz and my Dudley 2.0 12 inch 27 oz. the Adidas feels like almost no weight is in the handle and the dudley feels all the weight is in the handle. both are supposed to be 12" endloaded 27 oz bats.

ogWarlock78

Addicted to Softballfans
at the Birmingham tourney Saturday, I had a chance to compare a Dudley and Adidas 27 endload. No tape measure with me, but just eyeballing the balance points, the Adidas was much closer to my Combat that balances just under 21.5" and the Dudley was a good inch short of that.

96packers

OG Titletown
at the Birmingham tourney Saturday, I had a chance to compare a Dudley and Adidas 27 endload. No tape measure with me, but just eyeballing the balance points, the Adidas was much closer to my Combat that balances just under 21.5" and the Dudley was a good inch short of that.

get any swings with either?

Fennellwg

With the relatively few measurements available,
There seems to be a significant variation in endload, BP, swing weight,etc.
Between brands,
Between models,
Between batch numbers
Between model weights
And ..?

If there is a "feel" you are shopping for, a tape measure ( and scale) will go a long way towards finding what you want.
IMO

Last edited: