New Mizuno 2pc Nighthawk pics

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
Rockets are as hard as stadiums.

I have to agree. The BP lites are pretty good to hit on em but Rockets have broken 2 or 3 bats of mine. Rockets are great for Eastons or a Sonic+.

Exactly. When Rockets first came out board was flooded with guys saying how great they were for breaking in bats. Shortly after same guys were complaining how their bats were broken.

WillW3

Starting Player
Exactly. When Rockets first came out board was flooded with guys saying how great they were for breaking in bats. Shortly after same guys were complaining how their bats were broken.

The only reason I bought them is to have a durable stadium to break Easton's in.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor

Rockets have been out since 2009 and Never have been considered bat breakers. In fact Robo himself has been using them for Bp for 3 years. He also was a key person in testing them with Shoppe major team. The whole team used them for the season and bat breakage went down 70% according to Dennis Turner of LS.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The whole team used them for the season and bat breakage went down 70% according to Dennis Turner of LS.

But what were they hitting before they switched to Rockets?

Maybe the breakage went down because Dennis Turner swapped out all their BP bats for TPS Warriors?

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
These balls are hard, but in my experience they aren't hard on bats. I have 3 dozen of them left from the last 3 years. I use them during the week and with whatever team I play with on the weekends. With the current Mizuno line, I have no problems hitting these balls in NC during the week and for team BP on the weekends. The Worth bats seem to respond well to them also, with no problems with durability. In 2014 we hit the balls with Z3000's and experience a great reduction in broken bats from the usual Dudley Classic M

Last edited:

Hiltz

Built for comfort
These balls are hard, but in my experience they aren't hard on bats.

From what I understand, the higher COR of the Rockets minimizes the time they spend on the barrel. I've only held/hit a few and I noticed that they seemed a bit lighter than other balls too.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
I had the great pleasure of swinging the 2017 Nighthawk this past weekend in a tournament. My understanding is that everything is the same, except the handle is thinner. The thinner handle goes all the way up near the connection. I don't have a huge amount of experience with the 2016 Nighthawk (I got one NIW the same night), but it felt like the 17 has a slight amount more end load feel due to the thinner handle. The performance and feel was great. The 17 was incredibly hot when I hit it. I don't know if it was hot out of the wrapper or is a tank, Robo will have to give the swing count. I can say I am extremely excited about having the 16 if the 17 is the same bat with the exception of the handle.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I just wish they made one painted like the blackout shadow.

Please make me the 2016 Nighthawk, in a colour scheme to match the name well.

At least it wasn't tribal or paintball douche, but a Blackout Shadow coloured NH would be so dope.

I hope this talk of a 2017 thinner handle doesn't mean Flex will be a thing in this bat. DO NOT RUIN THIS LINE WITH FLEX >>> PLEASE!!!!!!!

PS: Mine is still kicking and well well over 1000 hits now. Even after a tournament on 47/500 LS Balls and 3-4 of us swinging it. Tonnes of diamond rash, but no cracks and no issues. Absolutely still straight GAS and NO FLEX developing. I love this bat.

Just heard back from mizuno and it seems like they will warranty the nighthawk for 1 year due to the durability issues. That's some good news and quality CS from them.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Mizuno is definitely GTG! My ASA Nighthawk (I posted pictures in here) they are going to replace it! Just an awesome company!

WillW3

Starting Player
Just heard back from mizuno and it seems like they will warranty the nighthawk for 1 year due to the durability issues. That's some good news and quality CS from them.

Is this gonna be a 1-year deal for all bats like other manufacturers?

Crusty

Addicted to Softballfans
It is case by case and duel stamp only from what I understand. They are replacing bats that have premature breakage. I doubt they are going to replace a 11 1/2 month old beat up Nighthawk. But a duel stamp Nighthawk in good condition with limited swings, they seem to be working with people.

WillW3

Starting Player
It is case by case and duel stamp only from what I understand. They are replacing bats that have premature breakage. I doubt they are going to replace a 11 1/2 month old beat up Nighthawk. But a duel stamp Nighthawk in good condition with limited swings, they seem to be working with people.

That's what I assumed. I sure hope they decide to make warrantied products next year. If so, it'll be the bat to have, no doubt.