Rain, Rain Go Away

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
first I get called a hillbilly. now I'm considered dumb for not knowing that a higher score over a lower score equates to a win.

I don't have to take this abuse.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
We just had no consistency, and super horrible Fred on Sunday. 6-10 crossing front knee to back shoulder isn't brain surgery. I think Andy is usually good, but his strike zone was tiny on Monday. It's underhand for Pete's sake.

And I'll say this, in so GA if it was in the same zip code as a strike with two strikes you'd better be swinging. Up here most of the umps seem scared to call strike three.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
Thanks Ass

I meant it in a good way. Every time I turned around they seemed to be getting a key hit or making a play. You guys didn't look as good as I know you're capable of but still found a way. With a little help from a Joe Frey HR!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You were high and outside, and so was Goody, all game Monday.
Bull****. I always throw plenty of balls, but he missed close to ten calls that were very critical. I don't care about obvious balls, but when he was calling balls as staying in, that were never in, etc. that's what I'm talking about. Balls you caught in the air I'm not complaining about. Balls that are right at six feet can land as far back as 4.5 feet behind the plate and still be strikes. Balls that land 2 feet back definitely are.

jhadaway

Part Time Player
Bull****. I always throw plenty of balls, but he missed close to ten calls that were very critical. I don't care about obvious balls, but when he was calling balls as staying in, that were never in, etc. that's what I'm talking about. Balls you caught in the air I'm not complaining about. Balls that are right at six feet can land as far back as 4.5 feet behind the plate and still be strikes. Balls that land 2 feet back definitely are.

True enough, but you know those are always going to be called "deep". We should just play with the mat - seems like it'd remove a lot of the subjectivity. My only complaint is when the ump allows the pitcher to throw a live pitch while you're OUT OF THE BOX!

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
True enough, but you know those are always going to be called "deep". We should just play with the mat - seems like it'd remove a lot of the subjectivity. My only complaint is when the ump allows the pitcher to throw a live pitch while you're OUT OF THE BOX!
I'm fine with may be as long as at least the pointed part of the plate is a strike.

Baseball has a vertical strike zone. It kills me that 99% of slowpitch umpires assume the slowpitch strike zone is horizontal.