RCV-L or JD73-L for slow infielder?

spank13

Everyday I'm shufflin'...
I'm mediocre at 3B, 2B, and SS but play all three a few days a week. I'm converting (I think) from Nokona and really have been looking for an I-Web, but was curious what the thoughts were. I've looked at the other threads, but wanted a fresh perspective...

UptotheKnuckle

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm mediocre at 3B, 2B, and SS but play all three a few days a week. I'm converting (I think) from Nokona and really have been looking for an I-Web, but was curious what the thoughts were. I've looked at the other threads, but wanted a fresh perspective...

Ab-74!!! To make sure those ones that hit your glove stay in it.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Waiting on your response cause their may be a better option for you. I love the JD73 and RCV-L but use other gloves for IF as I lost a step that I never had in the IF, LOL

spank13

I use a 650 and have always used a fishing net/deep glove. My issue with my Nokona now is it popping off the heel.

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
Jd73... I've had both and the jd is wider, deeper, and longer than the rcv even though they are listed as the same size. If you are a slow infielder the added length, depth and width of the jd is a bonus.

spank13

I have a NWT RCV in my possession, just don't want to take it out and get it dirty... Thanks for the input... Might try to get my rep to order a jd73 for me... I'm sure he can sell it if I don't want it...

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Both great gloves. I don't think you have a bad choice. I have an RCV and love it. But I like smaller type gloves for INF.

shockfinder

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a NWT RCV in my possession, just don't want to take it out and get it dirty... Thanks for the input... Might try to get my rep to order a jd73 for me... I'm sure he can sell it if I don't want it...

Honestly, your description of your abilities and positions is the same as mine...I didn't think an RCV was going to get it done for me. If you have been used to a basket go with the jd73.

MaverickAH

I use a 650 and have always used a fishing net/deep glove. My issue with my Nokona now is it popping off the heel.

Based on what you're currently using & your description of your abilities, my answer to you would be NEITHER!

The Nokona AMG650 is a 13" glove that plays big. It's more like a 13.5" glove, if anything. Both the RCV-L & JD73-L are going to be significantly smaller in comparision. Not sure why you think that going smaller is going to help you any.:confused: In any case, balls popping off the heel is not the glove's fault.

A much better option for you would be the following:
  • BMB - One of its variations. It will play smaller than your 650.
  • BV55 - My recommendation. It'll play close to your 650.
  • EI1918-22 - Less expensive verion of the BV55
  • BMBS-22 - Less expensive BMB pattern.
  • RV60 - Great glove that'll play slightly smaller than your 650.
  • TJ1952 - Will play a little bigger than your 650.

In fact, now that I've listed these & thought about it further, the BV55 is like a no brainer choice! Especially when you consider that Vinci is right now closing out a previously $229 glove for $139!!! You just can't beat the quality & the price. In fact, I might just pick up another one myself!;)

spank13

Thanks for the input. I know the heel issue is not necessarily the glove's issue, but I did not have this issue prior to getting this glove (I had one taken at a tourney and got this one). I have used smaller gloves in the past and can get the mechanics of the smaller pocket down. Thanks all for the input, I'm pretty sure I'll snag a JD73-L.

Zerwas

Addicted to Softballfans
Boy oh boy, I'm thinking I'd listen to Maverick on this one.... Going with a smaller glove when you are getting older/slower makes no sense. It is an illogical choice.

spank13

I'm not selling off my other glove, I have a 13.5" Novak H-Web, and the 650, so if I don't like it I can flip it. Like I said, appreciate everyone's input and I may end up there, so I'm glad I know the next step...

BIG28WILL

Manager
I use a RCV-L at 3B...SS...2B and works well with all 3 positions...with the right pocket anything is possible...