Salomon Speedcross 3's?

Joker

got the warranty replacements in today. superglued the old pair and have been using them for the past couple weeks

coldengineer

Star Player
I got mine.. they are super comfortable. Butttt I don't think I like them better than the feel of my NB cleats. I'll probably keep using them although if anyone is interested in picking up a slightly used pair at a reasonable price ($60?) hit me up with a PM. They are size 11.5 (I wear new balance 10.5, I think I wear Nike 10.5 also). I have receipt for warranty.

Cold Engineer agrees. He typically pitches or plays IF, but two weeks ago he was playing center picking up for another team and tried to stop on a dime, forgetting he has turned into a fatass, and his feet slid out from under him (wearing those fancy shoes) and landed on his side fully extended trying to make a play. Wouldn't have happened if Cold Engineer was wearing his soccer cleats like always. Now he has a bruised rib and can't play.

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
So, let me tell you an irritating thing that my boombah's are doing. Being the front of mine are a mesh material, a lot of dirt playing IF and running the bases gets in there and gets on my nerves. I find that here lately I am constantly taking a show off, dumping it out, and putting it back on.

Any issues with this?

NSideSnoMexican

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had two pairs of SpeedCross' and have never had an issue with getting dirt in them. I am also pretty lazy, so the "quicklace system" is pretty fantastic (you know, cause I like saving the seven seconds it takes to tie a shoe)!

Joker

i got a pair of kalalau's from steep and cheap when they ran the deal just for everyday walking around, i liked them on those shoes

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Think I might get the fellraisers for my fat feet, being the toe box is a little wider. They're cheaper too so that's always a bonus

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahhh, I see the difference in the fronts of them now. Def mesh on the fellraisers, but the S3's are a little different

EdgenMar

Addicted to Softballfans
Ahhh, I see the difference in the fronts of them now. Def mesh on the fellraisers, but the S3's are a little different

Its not bad... its like a fine dust that gets in.. I have Fellraisers and got the Fellcross 2 as a warranty. Fellcross 2 are a mix of the Speedcross and Fellraisers... FC'2s has the same material as the Speedcross and same heel box but little lower heel. FC'2 are little snug in the forefoot but not to bad.. ill do a better review after this week...

Have played about 4 games now in my SC3s. I'm very pleased. Very comfortable and light. Traction has been great. I haven't played on severe wet grass yet so we'll see when that comes.

Glad I tried them!

EdgenMar

Addicted to Softballfans
Fellcross 2 is waterproof/dirt proof...

Dirt proof for sure...
Not waterproof when I accidentally hosed them with (water)... :p maybe could put some waterproof stuff on them...

The bottoms lugs are the same chevron lugs as the Fellraiser's... I believe the Fellraisers have a few more lugs because they have a wider forefoot..

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans
Dirt proof for sure...
Not waterproof when I accidentally hosed them with (water)... :p maybe could put some waterproof stuff on them...

The bottoms lugs are the same chevron lugs as the Fellraiser's... I believe the Fellraisers have a few more lugs because they have a wider forefoot..

Spray them bad-boys with NeverWet. Wonder if it would be super effective? I'm not sure though due to the mesh.

Shortyaz69

Addicted to Softballfans
New Colors...

Just saw these yesterday... Thought the first color options were alright, but these are awesome!

DARCLOGD.jpg

yeti23

Addicted to Softballfans
How does the fellfaiser run size wise to the speedcross? I bought 11.5 in the speedcross because they run narrow

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Dang I like those black ones.....!!!

The fellraisers run a little wider up front. I tried both on my big 12.5's and liked the fellraisers better so that's what I went with. They both fit true to size IMO

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
I think the Salomon's run smaller like Nike's. I had to wear a 12.5 in my Fellraisers and it's the only pair of 12.5's I own. All the rest of my shoes are 12's (even the one pair of Nike's I have).

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I think that has been discussed. This is for the other side of the equation.