SoftballFans Adopts 30 Angel(s) **Completed**

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Going to try something new to give to others, I am proposing we adopt some angels from the Salvation Army Adopt an Angel tree.
If you want to join in You can send an unwrapped toy either boy or girl or simply donate and I will shop for them locally.

I was thinking of leaving this open for a week until Friday night Dec 9th, I will get the Angels and shop Saturday the 10th (to ensure the items are in their hands for Christmas), to see how much we get and then post a completed total, divide that up equally so that each angel gets at least $50 each and determine how many angels we adopt. I will post pictures of each angel that is selected as well as the items bought for each.

This is going to be 100% for the kids and not a penny will be left unspent. Each angel will be donated in the name of Softball Fans
I am going to open this up with a $100 donation so that already covers 2 angels.

If you want to donate send paypal to and if you want to simply send toys send them to:
TechStar Computers
attn: Angel Tree
8502 Spring St.
Fort Worth, TX 76179

Total collected: $3,245.30

Here are the pics from the 4 hour shopping trip, I enlisted the help of Local SBF member Lucky13

angel1.jpg

Here are most of the angels, after counting I saw I only had 25 so had to go back and get 5 more.

angel2.jpg

This is the first store trip, the first store didnt have all the items we needed so I dropped this off at the Tree and headed to the other store

angel3.jpg

Here is the rest from store 2, the Angel tree closed at 9pm so I am delivering the rest tomorrow.

I want to say a big thanks to all of our members who donated you are going to bring some big smiles on the faces of some kids that might not have had smiles on their faces.
You guys Rock!!!

Last edited:

sweet-t

Doubles into singles
Love the idea. We let our kids do the shopping for the angels their age we picked out. They had a blast. Sad to know some kids may not get much if anything at all.

Sonic625

An Admin
Staff member
Agreed, I have been given alot of things in my short time and I cant imagine what it must be like to be a kid and get nothing.
My 6 year old neice is having a Birthday part on the 10th and instead of asking for gifts she wants everyone to donate money so she can give it to the needy. How awesome is that for her to think like she does.

smalls04

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for doing this.. great cause, donation sent.

SBF'ers... please consider this. Just send $10 if that is all you have, it can all make a difference.

Wupang

530sports.net
I am in on this...will put things up for sale to get the $50 or more if I can!! Always in for something for kids!!

M

MJL 00

I dont have paypal BUT "Mr. Postal Money Order" will be sending one to the address on this thread, keep up the great work...

brewcitydude25

Addicted to Softballfans
Paypal sent for $25.00... We usually "adopt" a local family every year but since my mom passed away this past year no one got it organized so this is the next best thing. Thanks for doing this.