"Sorry Pitch"

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Tournaments I never apologize. I'm there to win, not to make friends. Leagues I try to avoid middle all together. If it's not a very competitive team/league I'll apologize.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Tournaments I never apologize. I'm there to win, not to make friends. Leagues I try to avoid middle all together. If it's not a very competitive team/league I'll apologize.

You mean if you was able to hit a ball hard enough to hurt someone?

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I hate making pitchers bend over to field the 3 hoppers. Always feel bad.

I once hit a pitcher so hard his mother and uncle in Nebraska died instantly..........Did I apologize? No! I pumped my fist and screamed, "AMERICA!!!!!" at the top of my lungs...............True story.

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I once hit a pitcher so hard his mother and uncle in Nebraska died instantly..........Did I apologize? No! I pumped my fist and screamed, "AMERICA!!!!!" at the top of my lungs...............True story.

Does it get more American than Nebraska though?

GrinningBear

World's deadliest house husband
I always apologize, especially if there's a middle war going on. Potentially take away someone's livelihood to chest puff during a rec sport. Yeah leave me out of that bull****.

Unless the pitcher is an *******, but not enough of an ******* I need to handle it in real life.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Hittin middle for wusses...low hangin fruit aint no fun so ya "my bad" if accidently buzz tower even if he's wearing a shirt with lots of scary graphics designed by his cousin who used to be a bad boy but recently took a computer graphics class at the YMCA.......been scientifically proven middle guy wishes bunting were legal. What you expect from Fri night posts, gotta go uber is here

ming01

DMVWinning

faced a team with probably guys all in their 60s. the pitcher was really slow and youd could tell they were bad. if its someone who you can tell isnt much of a softball player like that, esp. in league, ill avoid middle. we won easily anyways.

zuke 37

Star Player
I only hit the middle when the other team starts it.

Had a pitcher who liked to charge the plate to try to distract the batter. He tried it with me once...once.

Big mouth pitchers know what is going to happen to them.

"A BRAG POINT" Once at a tourney, people spoke of a pitcher who bragged about no one hitting a ball past him.
He was 6'9" and thin. I knew he was thin, they wore pin strips and he had only one strip.

I went 3 for 3 all singles, one past his left foot, and the other two between his legs.

Once I hit the pitching rubber and the ball went 30ft in the air. His wife threatened me.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you apologize or not for a hard shot up the middle?

I'm a pitcher and apologize for head-high stuff only. I never TRY to hit the pitcher, so my apology is more for my lack of bat control than the result. It seems like different geographic areas have different unspoken rules on the matter.

Basically this. I usually do it after the game instead of during too. As a pitcher I know how much I dont' want to hear it after anything like that. Especially if I don't catch it, which is usually the only time I hear it. :D

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I always apologize, especially if there's a middle war going on. Potentially take away someone's livelihood to chest puff during a rec sport. Yeah leave me out of that bull****.

Unless the pitcher is an *******, but not enough of an ******* I need to handle it in real life.

This is how I feel. No matter how big of a dbag the pitcher is, I'm not out trying to injure someone. It's just a game. I've got to live with myself when the game is over.

If they are trying to mow down my pitcher for whatever reason, I may send one back in his direction to spook some sense into them, but never aiming to actually hit someone.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
I went middle on my mother..............Knocked the beer and cigarette out of her hand............Did I apologize? No..That ***** grounded me when I was nine for yelling "****!!!!" after flying out in a Little League game..............And middle is where the hits are.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian

One of the greatest posts in SBF history, fist pump and AMERICA!!!!! locked it up. True story.

jdsebastian85

The Veteran
Played in an outlaw tourney yesterday and hit middle 3 times. Apologized every time, but he would only throw low and outside. It was super hard to hit it anywhere else. I still felt bad though

I can understand apologizing if its a mis-hit, but if your purposely goin up the middle for a hit, then why do people apologize??? Thats where you meant to go.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Around here it seems that its always expected if the pitcher dodges, gets hit, or makes the catch. If you miss him by a few feet, and he wasn't in danger, its never an issue.

This here. I'll go to the left or right no problem, and nothing is said. If you do hit one right at him a "Sorry pitch" isn't out of line, not because you're actually sorry but it implies you weren't actually trying to hit him.

Unless you actually are trying to hit him. Then you bat flip, point at him, and say, "Who's next".

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Do you apologize or not for a hard shot up the middle?

I'm a pitcher and apologize for head-high stuff only. I never TRY to hit the pitcher, so my apology is more for my lack of bat control than the result. It seems like different geographic areas have different unspoken rules on the matter.

I've never apologized for getting a hit but I will always check on the pitcher and usually say "Hey pitch are you good?" Is the pitcher going to apologize to me for getting me out, I've never heard it.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
Basically this. I usually do it after the game instead of during too. As a pitcher I know how much I dont' want to hear it after anything like that. Especially if I don't catch it, which is usually the only time I hear it. :D

I've known this guy for about 8 years now and I've played with and against him and hit many BP sessions with him. I've hit balls near him and not once have I ever apologized for hitting a ball near him but I've always made sure JBO was ok.

natedd

Addicted to Softballfans
i got blown up in the shins 3 times in a game pitching. Started taking shots then hit a shot past the pitchers face and yelled thats what you get to the other team and blue called me out. probably had 10 balls hit at me fielded 6. Felt like a **** after. Foot to the left and it was a face shot.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
i got blown up in the shins 3 times in a game pitching. Started taking shots then hit a shot past the pitchers face and yelled thats what you get to the other team and blue called me out. probably had 10 balls hit at me fielded 6. Felt like a **** after. Foot to the left and it was a face shot.

While I wouldn't say that in the first place, I'd be so pissed off if I got hit at all game and then I hit back and got called out by the ump. That is straight up bull.

hacker72

Addicted to Softballfans

Pretty cool story. A foot to the left and maybe you end his life, or maybe make him eat through a straw for a few months, maybe financially cripple his family. Oh yeah this is a serious fn game I forgot!!!

For OGP, I apologize if I get real close to him. Other than that, I don't say a word.