STL Thread/ Off Season/ Wanna talk about Playoffs?

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
I've always liked the look of the Pontiac Aztec and the convertible PT Cruiser especially the woodgrain models.

YQ_640.jpg

If you get the Aztec with the tent you wouldn't even need to get a hotel room for out of town tournaments. Money saved.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
junk. Very hard to work on. No one that I know likes to work on anything jetta. Even the dealers guys hate working on them. Mech and body guys call in sick when a jetta is on the schedule.

Put 110K on my jetta never changed anything but back brakes and a tuneup.

They don't need worked on.

doublebagel

Manager
Its amazing to me that the other NSA director can't call or email anyone about the tourney this weekend getting moved but Roach knows all about it lol. #feelslikeasetup

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
How do you register for a USSSA tourney? Can you pay online, do I need to email O'Donnell? Whats the ettiquette here?

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
I always hear teams pull out once they see who is in the tourney. How can you see how many teams are registered? I'm not interested in pulling out (in any part of my life), but I'd like to know hoe big the tourney will be.

doublebagel

Manager
I always hear teams pull out once they see who is in the tourney. How can you see how many teams are registered? I'm not interested in pulling out (in any part of my life), but I'd like to know hoe big the tourney will be.

there is a "teams" list on the event listing.

Where you see the # of teams, you can click on that # and it will take you to a list.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
The USSSA page doesn't work in this office....cause it's still stuck on IE8. So I'll see these things through from home.

Bullets#57

Any local guys looking for some new leather? I've got a RHT red 13" Vinci trapeze I'm looking to sell or trade for a high end ASA stick.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
SP / FP - Rule 8 Section 6 (B):
A baserunner must return to his/her base when the Umpire declares an illegally batted ball.
All this being said, please apply the following:
- If you see a Non Approved bat, not bearing a NSA 2012 logo, in the batters hands and they have entered into the batters box, the batter is out and ejected immediately
- If a batter hits a base hit and it is discovered before the next legal or illegal pitch, the umpire can declare an illegally batted ball and all runners return to the base last occupied at the time of the pitch and the batter is out and ejected.

So if the player walks and you ask the unpire to check the bat, then nothing at all happens?

I ask as I did this to a team last year in a santioned tourney. It was an ASA only bat. I heard it pa-ting in the previous AB, and it being a bat I had in my bag (Z3K), I kept my eye on it to decipher the color. I called it out, after the next guy walked, the umpire checked it and told them they couldn't use it. Now I honestly didn't know they also got ejected, and they only had 9 to begin with so forcing them into a forfiet would have made me feel like an ass. We beat them, so all was well....but just wondering since the rule doesn't state an out, but does state if the batter enters the batter box he is out and ejected, what the proper call is.

pjordan4477

Hashtag a hashtag
who is playing in the midwest conference event this weekend in BMAC?

I noticed it is 1 and 1up, which is nice.

Lower level Rules Midwest Conference run rules
one and one up format on homeruns
■If a E team is playing a D team the E team is spotted two runs
■We will determine D teams off the USSSA power rating. The D teams in the lower are the lower 25% of the D teams
■The ball used is the Classic M ball used by USSSA. Teams will be responsible for providing their own softballs.
■Each team will have there bats tested and put in a bucket. This happens one hour prior to their first game of the tournament. Each team will be allowed to test 20 bats. If all bats pass each team can have 20 bats in the bucket. The only way to replace a bat in the bucket is if a bat breaks during competition. If a player breaks a bat due to slamming it on the ground or throwing it they will not be allowed to replace the bat.