thanks vinci group

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
Any more I hate posting questions here on sbf's. Almost every time I post I get some a$$ clowns stupid remarks. I post here in the Vinci forum. I get well thought out answers and is useful. Thanks again group.

COBRARI

Addicted to Softballfans
It is not just on SBF... pretty much most forums lend to keyboard "tough guys".
Pathetic. However, for the most part (always some isolated cases) the guys that do the research and get Vincis are mature. Stick around.

Last edited:

MaverickAH

This forum is a reflection of the company & its owner. The reps, in turn, take on that personna. Trust me when I tell you, he doesn't post here much but he does visit & follows what goes on.

Cuda13

Addicted to Softballfans
Well, thanks to all who post here for the information and opinions that they give out here without making people feel stupid. Due to such positive experiences here I pulled the trigger on a new Vinci today. I hope I picked a good model.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
Well, thanks to all who post here for the information and opinions that they give out here without making people feel stupid. Due to such positive experiences here I pulled the trigger on a new Vinci today. I hope I picked a good model.

There isn't a bad Vinci on the market so you'll be GTG! ;)

Cuda13

Addicted to Softballfans
That gloves a tank, you will have it a long long time.

Good, that's my goal even though I know that breaking it in might be a bit of a chore. I've been using a 11.25" HOH Gold Glove Rawlings for almost 20 years so this has to be an improvement. My current glove has no padding left and never really had a softball pocket so I'm getting pretty jacked up to get something really made for softball.

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
I can't wait to get my ab1974-l. Using it to play second also. Big pocket in the ab1974? Have such a hard time getting it out of the pocket on my bv19 and my jbv04. Might be mechanics on my part. Or wrong glove for the position.

Kaveman

Trend Setter
I can't wait to get my ab1974-l. Using it to play second also. Big pocket in the ab1974? Have such a hard time getting it out of the pocket on my bv19 and my jbv04. Might be mechanics on my part. Or wrong glove for the position.
Playing 2nd? I thought you were always a 1st base position player? I think the ab1974 will work just fine! :)

Hitman30

I just picked up a Vinci JD73-L and it is in the mail from Frisco Kid

Will this be good for 2nd/SS... wanted something bigger than my TPX 11.5 for the fly balls and line drives

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Vinci infield gloves

The JD73-L 12.5" Limited is an absolutely fabulous glove for softball infield. The pocket is awesome and it is some of the best leather I gave ever seen. And the Bordeaux is a beautiful color but not at all flashy.
The AB1974 is a great glove perhaps on the big side for some infielders but if ur like me (and outfielder) a little more glove will help u. I also have an RCV-L 12.5" Limited that is great, if I was a better fielder it would be my go to infield glove.
RCV-L
RCV-L_Bordeaux-Web_View-Web.jpg

AB1974-L
AB1974-L_Black-Right_View-WebBig.jpg

JD73-L
JD73-L_Bordeaux-Web_View-Web.jpg

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
smarkley, when you are 6'4" and 38. That extra 1/4" does wonders.I am not the ideal size to play second.

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
cuda you are almost to that magic age of 50. Senior ball time. I was trying to get a fake id to play senior ball. MY salt and pepper makes me look a we bit older then I am . I have been playing with a senior group since I was 32. At that time they thought I was 52 or 53 LOL. I was told for senior ball they now require a birth certificate. That put a slight hitch in my plan to rule senior softball. LOL

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
Playing 2nd? I thought you were always a 1st base position player? I think the ab1974 will work just fine! :)

I have been working hard a improving my stock lately. Been working hard at it. Been shagging balls in the outfield. Played on another team and played mainly second and left. Plus I got Gunnar a grey senior combat 28oz bat to hit grounders to me. Off the tee I set him back about 35-40'. Hits hard balls and ass ladies balls. Absolutely smokes the balls. Plus I have him do hit backs to me. Very close. Now in the field the balls seam in slow motion to me. Done wonders. With My new glove, I should do real well.

Cuda13

Addicted to Softballfans
cuda you are almost to that magic age of 50. Senior ball time. I was trying to get a fake id to play senior ball. MY salt and pepper makes me look a we bit older then I am . I have been playing with a senior group since I was 32. At that time they thought I was 52 or 53 LOL. I was told for senior ball they now require a birth certificate. That put a slight hitch in my plan to rule senior softball. LOL

Most of the guys I play with are in their late 20's/ early 30's. Not too long ago I was the "kid" on the teams I played on. Where has the time gone?:(

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
I hear you cuda. I only wish I found softball when I was 22 and not 32. It is fun watching the young kids run.

Last edited:

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
Smarkley. The 1974 seams real small compaired to the JBV04. Even thought the 04 is 13" and the 74 is 12 3/4" . It seams like a lot smaller. I better start stretching twice a day. :( Might take a little getting use to, in the long run I think it will be much better. Cant wait to finish breaking it in.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
AB1974-L 12.75" T Trap

Yea with the bar on top of the Tee makes it play a little smaller. I use an RV1923 CP2 12.5" I been working on a 12.5" T web and a 13" abd if I had to chose for infield I would go with the 13" at this point. Some time I am gonna get a JD73 for me when I get to play infield. I am about a week away from 52 been playing Senior for a couple years. I usually play OF cause I can run a little. On team hase me playing up the middle on a 5 man infield and I am lost, LOL :confused::eek:

ballbuster

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah that is quite an art to that 5 man infield. I was lost also. Made it a little confusing with 3 guys trying to make the play at second. Took a little bit of talking and communication to get working seome what smoothly.

Hitman30

Just got my JD73-L in...

And all i can say is WOW

this is by far and away the best infield glove i have seen for softball. Needs a lil more breaking in, but by the 12th our first game, it will be ready. :D

BigTexCowboy

Professional Bull Milker
I just picked up a Vinci JD73-L and it is in the mail from Frisco Kid

Will this be good for 2nd/SS... wanted something bigger than my TPX 11.5 for the fly balls and line drives

It's perfect for 2nd/SS. That's what I play and this is the perfect glove.