The Association

ntz

tricknollegy
they have no ability to give him a max deal and resign their big three when their deals expire. the big three are more important than signing durant. this is stupid

Primo

fat and famous pablo
yes....let's **** up a perfect chemistry and winning formula to sign a guy who isnt' any better than what we have....

what, they gonna sign him and only lose 3 games in their first 50? pffftttt

Stretch19

Grow up
i heard earlier this year they were the only team who could make him a max offer at the end of this year w/o getting rid of anyone

ntz

tricknollegy
yes, this year, but what do they do when steph is up in two years? and the other two in the next 4? durant will be looking for a 10 year max deal

Stretch19

Grow up
yes, this year, but what do they do when steph is up in two years? and the other two in the next 4? durant will be looking for a 10 year max deal

none of it made sense, just thought it was crazy they were the only team that could make the max offer w/o losing anyone...carry on

mcm21078

Addicted to Softballfans
i heard earlier this year they were the only team who could make him a max offer at the end of this year w/o getting rid of anyone

I don't know if this is true, as I don't really follow the NBA very closely. But I know that the Celtics can sign 2 max guys. They don't have anyone that makes a lot of money, so that makes sense to me. I aint doing the research though.

ntz

tricknollegy
What if I told you that there is only one team that could sign durant, but it turns out that might not be the case

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Steph has to help carry things to that new Kohler Arena by the bay. He'll be an American Standard there.

Stretch19

Grow up
Yes, the 1991 Washington Redskins are the greatest team to win a Super Bowl. They’re also the poster children for how numbers always lie. Criminally underrated, the ’91 Skins were one halftime Hail Mary and a lineman-eligible drop in the end zone during a meaningless Week 17 game from being undefeated. They have the second-highest point differential of any Super Bowl champion. They had 50 sacks and Mark Rypien, who started all 16 games, was sacked just seven times. (Tom Brady was sacked four times on Sunday alone.) They played a tougher schedule than any team in the top 10 of this list (they’re the only team whose opponents had a collective record of .500 or better). They ran through the NFC playoffs by a score of 65-17 and were whupping up on Buffalo 37-10 in the Super Bowl when they took the foot off the gas and allowed Buffalo two garbage-time TDs. (At the same pint the ‘Skins were doing that, the ’85 Bears were running it up by giving The Fridge a Super Bowl touchdown.) Don Beebe, who played on four straight Super Bowl teams with the Bills, said this Redskins team was the best he’d ever seen. Paul Zimmermann, the great Sports Illustrated writer, once wrote this Washington team was as good as any. But because Mark Rypien was the quarterback, Earnest Byner was the running back and the defense was led up front by Charles Mann, people automatically assume Joe Montana, Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders were better. Maybe, but it all starts up front and The Hogs were the best ever. Either way, give me the ’91 Redskins and you take the field — I’ll win 25 or more.

Stretch19

Grow up
straight domination...

During the 1991 regular season, the Redskins outscored their opponents by a combined score of 485-224 and outscored their playoff opponents by a combined score of 102-41.

485-224 vs teams with a collective record of .500 or better? seriously?

Stretch19

Grow up
shutout 3 opponents that year and the defense was 2nd in scoring

offense lead the league in scoring

never trailed in any of their playoff games

but yeah, mark rypien

3XC

Big Truss
91 Skins were very good, yes, and I would agree that they're underrated.

00 Ravens allowed one offensive TD in four postseason games, and allowed a total of 23 points in 4 playoff games. A kick return TD, 3 field goals, and a 2 yard rushing TD. Outscored their playoff opponents 95-23.