You have a choice but can only pick one attribute

Country35

Banned User
can we get a # of "hot swings" here for each of these? cuz if its the same you go hot but if its not you go log

silverbullet01

I'm a ginger!!!
Lately, some USSSA Recoils have been breaking in at less than 200 swings. I wonder if it's from the mass production of them lately?? I think I maybe getting an Easton to just hit in BP.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
too many unknowns

how long is 'not long like an easton'

if we're talking 200hits and she's done, i wouldn't buy one if it hit the ball 100ft farther(ok, well MAYBE if it wa THAT good)

if we're talking 'only' 1000 cuts, but it's game ready after 50, that's good enough. 950 game swings would still last me 5yrs min

breaking bats is not a huge concern for me, hasn't happened yet. but i still tend to only buy bats known to be 'tanks'. for personal use i don't really care, but it's a lot less awkward not having to bring 5 bats to a game and telling team mates i can't afford to let them use one.

J2009

Boom !!!!!
I dont have time to BP a bat to death ... give me 800 good, game-ready swings and I'd be thrilled.

x2 i do get to hit some bp but its nice to know if i break a bat and i get a new one its ready in 1 round of bp thats nice

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
Every composite bat is plenty hot out of the wrapper if you're not swinging like a woman. I'll go with good value and longer life span any day of the week.

chev17

Addicted to Softballfans
Give me something that's ok out of the wrapper and good at 150. Most miken and worth bats are plenty good good out of the wrapper. They may not be stupid but good enough. I've used mv1s for the last year and I've yet to have one that was not good out of the wrapper.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
For a first bat by any company, I imagine you almost have to go for the bat with the faster break-in. Otherwise, the early adopters are all going to complain it's a log until they get that 1000 hits. Unless you sprinkle a bunch of broken in ones out to reps. And with the new bat standards, if you try to be sneaky and pull a Voltage or something, you could get B-slapped in a year and lose all your gains.

RightSideHitter

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll take Easton. It's what I swing now. Yes, they are logs out of the wrapper. But I just keep taking BP until they start to open up. When they do open up, it's game time.

EvilE

Daddy 2011!!!!
All one needs is a Catty. Hit well out of wrapper, get hotter and hotter, last forever, can hit in frigid weather, perfection!

JGillum40

Addicted to Softballfans
I would rather have one that takes a while to break in and lasts a long time. I would just buy two and break both in and keep the spare as the backup ready to go in case of breakage.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
I like Demarini's because they get good around 200-300 hits and than continue to keep getting better and better. I get 1200-2000 swings out of them and they have great customer service when they do crack.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like somewhere in the middle. I like about 2-300 bp hits to get used to a bat, but if I had to choose one I'd take the log. I might buy the other if I had an unexpected break and needed a game bat in a hurry.

dayvin3

Addicted to Softballfans
I would like to see bats sold in a two pack deal,one game ready bat and one bp bat.Make both bats swing the exact same,and the gr bat be hot out of the wrapper and last 500-1000 swing and the bp bat last 5000 swings or more,in my opinion that would be perfect.Manufacturers could offer this without a warranty to keep cost down.I don't care if the bp bat is a log,as long as it swings the same and the sweet spot is in the same place as my gamer.

ss_jmac

Addicted to Softballfans
I think 150-300 hits to get hot and 1500-2000 to break would be perfect not sure if that's possible but I belive it's the best of both worlds

nam2212

Dr. Nick
I would much rather have a bat like the Eastons. I like going out and taking the BP that is required to break it in. I want the bats to last as long as possible.