I'm starting to wonder about Monsta customer service

matt6195

Manager
He's saying nobody here pays retail for bats. We PM one of the mods and get the SBF member discount. I've never paid retail for a softball bat since I joined SBF....until I bought my DNA off the Monsta site then bought a used Bomb from a member here. I (he) still hasn't gotten any return contact about switching the warranty to my name.

I buy my bats (except my Torch) from a friend. Rather give him the $$$. Then the big guys.

PM a mod. LOL I have pm'd a couple of them and heard nothing back going 4 and 6 months now.

MAB

The Rookie
Before I'm lambasted over the choice of my softball bat, I loved the DNA. Why does that bother so many people? If his product works in the buyer's eyes, why does it matter to anyone else? I've got a buddy who loves his red/white L6 now and he will not swing or even try anything new or different. Does that bother me? No.

I just don't see the purpose in most of these posts, in my opinion.

skew12

He's saying nobody here pays retail for bats. We PM one of the mods and get the SBF member discount. I've never paid retail for a softball bat since I joined SBF....until I bought my DNA off the Monsta site then bought a used Bomb from a member here. I (he) still hasn't gotten any return contact about switching the warranty to my name.

You may want to look into this further. I just got bought one here two weeks ago and it was transferred that day.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
You may want to look into this further. I just got bought one here two weeks ago and it was transferred that day.

I've checked a few times as has the guy I bought from (GTG SBF guy) and they've had a few reasons to not be in/around the office. Aforementioned B Tourney win, day off for Good Friday, building/mailing Torch, etc. He's checking again today

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
I think Monsta just utilizes caller ID. Are you part of the 'in' crowd? No? That is too bad...

LBDirtbag

Star Player
Ahhh Monsta. Seemingly good products, terrible business acumen. I'll share my Monsta story, although it doesn't really apply to customer service per se.

Not too long ago I found a minty Monsta bat that someone left behind at a local field that I BP at from time to time. This isn't a field that has any active league games or hosts any tournies, so I figured my best bet would be to head over to FB and post in the Monsta group looking for the owner since the bat had a rather unique/identifiable sticker on it. Tried to join the "closed" group 4 or 5 times unsuccessfully. Messaged 2 admins. Nothing. So I decided to stop wasting my time and just dropped it off at the local PD. I'll likely be getting it back soon too since its gone unclaimed.

Although judging by what I've read here, I probably would have had as much luck finding the rightful owner through their FB group as I did posting on Craigslist.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is there a "questionable legaility" in the DNA, Bombardier, and Torch? I'm not a nut rider or a complete hater/rep of another company, so I'm in the middle. I have a DNA and had a Bombardier for a while but couldn't get used to the handle flex and sold it.

I saw the roster for the OKC Combat tournament and most of those guys aren't full time Monsta swingers, so I can see them not knowing that the Bombardier is 26-27 only and misspeaking.

The Bombardier passed ASA testing 5-7 times before ASA granted it full blown certification. I'm friends with a rep in the midwest from the group that hinted towards other big companies in ASA wanting Demarini and Monsta looked at closer during certification because they didn't have an inner barrel tech (which Monsta and Demarini have and are very alike). That's likely possible.

My stance is this: if you don't like Mosnta, okay, don't talk about them. This is just free advertising. Carl won't last long and we all see that, so let him die on his own. If you like them, cool. Swing it.
This is such a garbage post. The Bombardier passed 5-7 times before ASA certed it? Who told you that? How does something pass an approval process multiple times? Once it's approved, it's approved unless that cert is yanked. Are you saying they approved, then unapproved the bat 5-7 times? That seems pretty unscientific. Was it 5, 6, or 7?

The rest of that paragraph just doesn't make sense. They wanted them looked at more closely for not having inner barrel tech, which they have. What? They're also not the only company with inner barrel tech either. I'm not sure what your point is since you contradict yourself. I do love the closing. It's likely possible. No kidding? No doubt probably, Monsta cheats. You sound like a Colt 45 ad. Most of the time, gets them every time.
Are you saying you don't buy where you play? Check the prices here...http://www.softballfans.com/bats/slowpitch-bats.html?manufacturer=1219

Like I said it's how you look at it. No I paid a $120 less than what this place offers them for.
No you didn't.
Just said it was interesting. Not that you were making it up.

Remember they were closed Friday and sold 300 bats in 4 hours Friday. So they are sifting through tons of emails. Not making excuses but I called at 10 am their time and it was picked up on the 2nd ring.

If you haven't ordered a bat yet, take your business else were. I was really close when the Torch ended up getting delayed month after month. However I won new Juggy OG so that kept me busy till the Torch came.

Sold 300 bats in 4 days? You know this how? Because you work there? For someone that's not defending them, you sure defend them a lot, and buy a lot of their bats.

Call the store and ask for member pricing, or pm milocoman. Most of us mods don't actually work at the store.

MAB

The Rookie
This is such a garbage post. The Bombardier passed 5-7 times before ASA certed it? Who told you that? How does something pass an approval process multiple times? Once it's approved, it's approved unless that cert is yanked. Are you saying they approved, then unapproved the bat 5-7 times? That seems pretty unscientific. Was it 5, 6, or 7?

The rest of that paragraph just doesn't make sense. They wanted them looked at more closely for not having inner barrel tech, which they have. What? They're also not the only company with inner barrel tech either. I'm not sure what your point is since you contradict yourself. I do love the closing. It's likely possible. No kidding? No doubt probably, Monsta cheats. You sound like a Colt 45 ad. Most of the time, gets them every time..

Heard the 5-7 number from the rep buddy of mine in IL. Passing the testing process and gaining certification are two different processes. Passing at 97.8 doesn't give you a green light. That's just a fact. Carl posted screenshots of the ASA testing passing info in his cult group multiple times, so there's no denying this.

The second portion is that the other brands want D and M looked at closer because you absolutely need an inner barrel device to get the most out of the soft .52's. As crooked as the W/M brand is with USSSA is, you'd be dumb to think they don't have a say in ASA.

TRaj2327

So how many of you have talked to the owner of Demarini or Easton or Worth? Carl has messaged me on Facebook and given me his number to call him at. While I do agree and I am sure he will that he takes things personally about Monsta. While I swung the DNA last year and it was decent. I wanted something different this year so my wife went and bought a Torch. Anyone thinking that any company doing a Pre-order isn't using your money to fund it needs their head checked. I wanted to add warranty to my Torch. Picked up the phone called Sales at Monsta and spoke with a guy who told me how to order the warranty.

You obviously have no idea how long the process really is to go from development to the consumers hands. Prototype bats for next year are already in the hands of testers for many manufacturers or will be within the next couple of months. Pre-orders don't happen 8-10 months before a bat releases which has happened multiple times now with Monsta. Look at Miken, Worth, DeMarini, or any other big brand and pre-orders are happening 1-2 months before release AT MOST! By that time the bat has already been certified and production is well underway. They fund their projects on goodwill, faith in their customers, accessible capital, and loans. That is how business works in the real world.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Something is fishy about some of these posts. I think it's weird 50% have had horrible experience with Monsta. SBFs had a terrible experience with Monsta, but the other 50% acting like god himself made the bats and he delivered them himself. Sounds like maybe Carl's inner circle and associates are getting different customer service.

Funniest thing I've read: "Bats are in stock" Lol. Dude builds like 2 Or 3 good Asa bats and none are in stock. Minus a few fast pitch bats and his lower end stuff.. He has Jack crap to sell minus preorder.

Jkmbones

Mizuno. Next Question?
Also can anybody confirm they bought one of these "blemished" torches that supposbly knocked down the website. I don't know man. Seems like lots of smoke and mirrors. 300 blemish bats sold in a few hours? I call BS.

MAB

The Rookie
You obviously have no idea how long the process really is to go from development to the consumers hands. Prototype bats for next year are already in the hands of testers for many manufacturers or will be within the next couple of months. Pre-orders don't happen 8-10 months before a bat releases which has happened multiple times now with Monsta. Look at Miken, Worth, DeMarini, or any other big brand and pre-orders are happening 1-2 months before release AT MOST! By that time the bat has already been certified and production is well underway. They fund their projects on goodwill, faith in their customers, accessible capital, and loans. That is how business works in the real world.

The Torch went up in late November and the Bombardier had a year plus wait for the cert issues. Both released in March. Can't compare a 3 month wait with no issues to a year plus wait with tons of issues. If you're gonna blast the guy don't be clearly biased. I do think it's funny that he said "No more preorders until cert is granted! We learned from the Bombardier!" Then the Torch is preordered before cert and his two non FIB bats are also up for preorder now. That lesson clearly didn't last long lol.

TRaj2327

Nonetheless, nobody else is doing 5-month (or 1-year) preorders and funding their latest project through for a bat that hasn't even been designed yet. Get the bat passed and then take your preorders for your fan-boy-can't-hit-it-out-of-the-infield-bat. I'll say it again, nobody is funding their project through a preorder on that same bat. It's long been completed by that point and is in the final phases of production, or in other words, assembly/shipping/etc.

Last edited:

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Carl also started reporting bat raffles that were raffling off Monsta's to Paypal. Someone paid for that bat, and he tells on them when they raffle one of them off. Stay classy. Its all fine and dandy for Monsta to have bat raffles, but god forbid someone else do the exact same thing they do.

addicted2bats

Carl also started reporting bat raffles that were raffling off Monsta's to Paypal. Someone paid for that bat, and he tells on them when they raffle one of them off. Stay classy. Its all fine and dandy for Monsta to have bat raffles, but god forbid someone else do the exact same thing they do.

He isn't doing this......

matt6195

Manager

The rest of that paragraph just doesn't make sense. They wanted them looked at more closely for not having inner barrel tech, which they have. What? They're also not the only company with inner barrel tech either. I'm not sure what your point is since you contradict yourself. I do love the closing. It's likely possible. No kidding? No doubt probably, Monsta cheats. You sound like a Colt 45 ad. Most of the time, gets them every time.

No you didn't.

Sold 300 bats in 4 days? You know this how? Because you work there? For someone that's not defending them, you sure defend them a lot, and buy a lot of their bats.

Call the store and ask for member pricing, or pm milocoman. Most of us mods don't actually work at the store.

Ya I did. Paid $200 for NIW 16 USA AM. 300 bats in 4 hours. The blem Torchs were posted on Friday. Tried to got in order in my money was refunded on Monday due being sold out. So if 300 bats were put on the site on Friday and I ordered Friday hhmmmmm...you do the Math. 2 Bats that's a lot? I have 4 Easton's and 3 Demarini's.

I have pre-ordered lots of things. From a new truck to video games. Hell I had my Xbox one pre-ordered for 9 months.

Something is fishy about some of these posts. I think it's weird 50% have had horrible experience with Monsta. SBFs had a terrible experience with Monsta, but the other 50% acting like god himself made the bats and he delivered them himself. Sounds like maybe Carl's inner circle and associates are getting different customer service.

Funniest thing I've read: "Bats are in stock" Lol. Dude builds like 2 Or 3 good Asa bats and none are in stock. Minus a few fast pitch bats and his lower end stuff.. He has Jack crap to sell minus preorder.

The bomb and Torch sold out. I have seen other people post about the CS so they are far from perfect.

Also can anybody confirm they bought one of these "blemished" torches that supposbly knocked down the website. I don't know man. Seems like lots of smoke and mirrors. 300 blemish bats sold in a few hours? I call BS.

Call BS all you want. Should have seen when Torch was put on Pre-order. $30 off the bat and you can still add warranty.

Last edited:

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
Nonetheless, nobody else is doing 5-month (or 1-year) preorders and funding their latest project through for a bat that hasn't even been designed yet. Get the bat passed and then take your preorders for your fan-boy-can't-hit-it-out-of-the-infield-bat. I'll say it again, nobody is funding their project through a preorder on that same bat. It's long been completed by that point and is in the final phases of production, or in other words, assembly/shipping/etc.

Again, post your bat bag, or STFU. Unless you're swinging Hammers and $50 Walmart bats, you're a hypocrite. I'm sure you probably have the hottest Demarini and Worth/Miken in your bag, Mr. Can't Hit It Out of the Infield.

I will say again, I'm not defending Carl, but I am calling out your idiocy.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
I heard they are renaming the Napoleon Complex the "Carl Complex."

If you swing Monsta there is a good chance you:

- have a mullet down to your ass
- don't play higher than church rec because of your skill level
- play softball in jeans
- like balls on your chin
- drive an IROC Camaro with flowmasters and fuzzy dice hanging from the mirror

Seriously, swing one if you want to support a douchenozzle that has zero business sense and no understanding of what customer service even means. There are at least a half dozen other brands out there that perform just as good, if not better.
This had me rolling. It's funny for many reasons.

Glitch

Starting Player
Everyone who has said "I'm not defending Monsta" in this thread has continued on to defend Monsta.

Pretty much.

No one is denying they are good bats. Whats being slammed here is the way the company is ran. To claim any of their ****ty complained-about practices are "normal" is a bunch of malarky.