Recent content by johnsonrod

1. J

ASA Hit baserunner ruling

8-8-F the runner is not out unless he could have avoided being hit by the ball
  2. J

ASA donuts on end of bats

you just made my point for me, and i knew you would, as would 99.99999% of the umpires out there. you check the balls when they come into the game, you dont check every ball in the dugout and take any non asa approved balls.
  3. J

whats entailed in the asa code?
  4. J

what about non conforming balls? why is there seemingly no 'enforcement' on other equipment, surely a stadium ball poses at least, if not much more, danger than a utrip bat
  5. J

what do you mean the asa code does not apply to local leagues. so you are saying that if a league doesnt have a complete rule set there are no rules for these games???? im very confused by that statement.
  6. J

why do you keep talking about that? i clearly said only the ASA rules apply and NO supplemental local rules. i just find it very amusing and sad that you are unable to be critical of umpires. and why do umpires never inspect the balls in the dugout, surely a stadium ball poses as much of...
  7. J

youve made it clear, at least to me, that you dont advocate it. but not advocating it and saying it is wrong are 2 different things. and dont you think its funny that you can pull out the USSSA, NSA, ISA rules but get self defensive when someone asks if an ASA rule exists. which i could only...
  8. J

can you please be as so kind to show me where there was a rule and code citation that allows an umpire to take a bat from a player? that would go a LONG way to stopping this discussion.
  9. J

its a simple question that you are dodging, and this isnt the first time. let me make this real simple, its a local ASA league that only uses the ASA rule book, no other local rules apply. what would give an umpire the right to go into someones bag and take a bat from it? for example, if...
  10. J

bc if i were playing in a league asa game, and an ump went through my personal belongings and took something, you better believe im going to be upset. im assuming a big asa tournament has supplemental rules pertaining the specific fields and what not, and that there is a good chance something...
  11. J

just playing devils advocate, lets say blar13 story took place at a league game, the ump went through the guys bag and took the non asa bat. why would this not be stealing? if blar13 called the police, why wouldnt they arrest the ump? is there a rule that says the umps can take non asa bats?
  12. J

USSSA Infield Fly Call Almost cost us playoff game

and dont forget that its possible that the OFer could have let up a little when hearing the IFR called. just out of curiosity, how close was the 2B to the ball?
  13. J

Any Dropping an infield fly rule popup

fair enough, but if you continue reading the post you will see i give an example of a fielder intentionally not catching the ball, one that is in the air, lets touch his mitt, then fall to the ground. i was assuming everyone understood that you are allowed to let a ball hit the ground.
  14. J

so it is your contention that a line drive that enters a fielders mitt does so all without being touched???? you do realize that a mitt is basically a quarter sphere right and that it is possible for a ball to enter a mitt and not be caught? i fully understand what the rule says, its the RS...
  15. J

i never understood why the ASA rule doesnt follow the MLB rule for IDB. in MLB, the rule is interpreted as if the fielder intentionally does not catch the ball.... and why is that? bc the same rationale for having an IF rule is behind the IDB rule. there was a play a few years ago, mike...