Search results

1. N

What do you think.....Would your team enter

I'm looking to organize a tournament using the the following format: Men's, open roster, 10 HR, 44/375 only balls, 1 pitch, double elim. Prize package would be $100 per team entered, WINNER TAKE ALL. *One pitch is because I would like to get 20+ team and we only have 3 fields booked.*
  2. N

Combat Compare

I stopped using the 30's when I moved to FL and started playing mostly Freedom Sports tourney's. It's a lot like Utrip, low and fast pitching and with the limited hr's I found it easier to stay on top of the ball using a lighter 27-28 oz bats. Damn IE's will kill ya.
  3. N

Combat Compare

I went from 30oz PST's to 28's. Reading reviews it looks like I need to go down an oz for Combat.
  4. N

Combat Compare

Thanks for the input guys. Now I just need to track down a rep in FL.
  5. N

Combat Compare

Guys I'm looking for some guidance on a switch over to Combat. I've been using Miken (14 Izzy Psycho and DC41) and Worth (Ressy Legit & Jeff Hall) for the past year. What Combats would be similar in both the end load and durability. Durability is import as most tourney's in this are use a...
  6. N

LTB PST's

Models: B&G, B&R, PSTX4, Blue (ASA) and RED (UTrip) Weight: Any. If local to the Tampa area I will pickup.
  7. N

Dc-41

Yes!!!!! We pulled two out of the wrapper at Freedom Winter Nationals this past week and they performed as well as broke in models from last year.
  8. N

Confused about Blackouts...

You were right Wheels33. A buddy and I put another 300 cuts on my TM and it is on fire. New Freedom/ISA/Freedom gamer hands down.
  9. N

Confused about Blackouts...

Blk/White and Blk/Yellow open up after 100 or so and both are ok, but IMO not on par with other Utrip bats.
  10. N

new to pitching

Work on the basic pitch and learn to hit your spots...inside..outside..short(front corner) and high. Then move to learning the junk, but the most import lesson is to field your postion..don't be one of those A$$ clowns that just throws a ball up doesn't ever attempt to stop a ball back up the...
  11. N

Our League Went 52/300 and Players are Not Happy

For most people the only bad thing about the 52/300 balls is that they expose poor swing mechanics. No more handle shots off the fence and league mashers are exposed. We have been using the Demarini Stones here in FL and haven't seen that much of a decrease in overall performance or distance.
  12. N

Sticker weight and actual weight..

j3a & j3u ( 28 oz sticker) actual 27.4 w/original grip removed. 2 of each weighed.
  13. N

Question for all you pitchers

Practice...practice...practice. You don't have to throw curves/knuckles or any junk to start. Concentrate on STRIKES..walk's will hurt you just as bad as hits. Work on inside/outside low/high arc... back/forward spin are the easiest to master. As for defense 2-3 steps backward after pitch...
  14. N

Worth Pitching Helmet with Custom Sharpie Art

Awesome..just plain awesome.
  15. N

If you had $600 to spend....

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've got some great ideas on how to spend my budget.
  16. N

If you had $600 to spend....

on a new ASA and USSSA/ISA sticks what would you get?
  17. N

For Sale/Trade Custom IRON MAN Pitching/Catching Mask

Can you put together something with a mechanical theme? White background with a mechanical brain section with tears along the sides that show additional gears and other items. PM if your interested in this idea and we can discuss it further and the cost associated with it.
  18. N

Best Men's Softball team name...

Morning Wood
  19. N

My team ganged up on me last night (coach issue)

If you want to coach/manage on that level move up a level or three.
  20. N

What is the worst injury you suffered in softball or witnessed?

During a coed game I saw a female 3B take a line drive to the mouth. Needless to say it was bloody.