Search results

1. EAJuggalo

2024 Challenge Cup

Who's going for what divisions? I'll be there the first weekend umpiring the D&E. Have heard that they are bringing some different umpires in to learn. For the first time Wisconsin is putting in a team for Men's D and E.
  2. EAJuggalo

2024 Rule Changes

Had a meeting last night where the new rule changes for next year were laid out: Courtesy runner can be anyone on the roster. Previously the runner had to be in the line up. Penalties for throwing in an illegal ball: First time is a warning, subsequent incidents result in the batter being...
  3. EAJuggalo

Challenge Cup

Two weeks from the start of the season for many with Challenge Cup beginning. Anybody here going to be down there for it? I'll be down umpiring the D and E the first weekend. Anything to get out of WI for a week in January.
  4. EAJuggalo

2023 USSSA Rule Changes

The following rule changes for the 2023 season have been announced. Please remember these are national rules, local leagues and tournaments can change them. These have all been posted by a USSSA director. 240 bats only in tournament play. All substitutes must be reported to the plate...
  5. EAJuggalo

Rule change, must toe the rubber.

It was announced yesterday at the USSSA convention in Orlando that for the 2023 season, pitcher's must toe the rubber in all divisions. I don't know if this will be extended to Seniors or not, but all adult classifications will have to toe the rubber. No evidence given that it actually reduced...
  6. EAJuggalo

Worlds 2022

Regular season is over and it's time to make the pilgrimage to Viera. Who's going to be down there and what weekends? I'm going to be umpiring the Men's C and Women's C and D. Looks like there is not a Women's E tournament this year?
  7. EAJuggalo

2022 Challenge Cup

Less than 4 weeks until Challenge Cup. Anyone going? As of right now I'll be there from Wednesday through Sunday, no idea what divisions I'll be working or what kind of schedule it will be. Last year they ran two shifts of umpires and kept the fields going 24 hours a day.
  8. EAJuggalo

Conference USSSA Schedule 2022

@TWmccoy No Loveland this year, it's gone along with Oklahoma, Houston, Atlanta, Minneapolis and Little Rock. Added were a second DC, second Chicago, Detroit and Palm Springs.
  9. EAJuggalo

Major Player List

USSSA put out the Major Player list and the Major Player Watch List. A couple of the players on the Watch list made me laugh. Jeff Hall, Brett Helmer, Don DeDenatis and Scott Kirby as "watch list" players is hilarious. http://usssa.com/slowpitch/majorPlayerList
  10. EAJuggalo

ASA Whose call?

ASA Slowpitch 3 man, hot shot at F5. Whose got the catch/trap call, PU or U3?
  11. EAJuggalo

ASA ball question

League this year is moving from a provided ball to a hit your own .52/300. One of the managers was talking about what he called a "seamless" ball that "outflies everything else on the market." Anyone have any clue what this knucklehead was talking about? The only thing I could come up with...
  12. EAJuggalo

How many games this year?

We all know this was not a normal year for any of us. How many games did you get in this year and what would a normal year for you be? In a normal year I get 150-200 games. This year I got 45. 14 Men's Major, 5 Women's Major and 26 at Worlds.
  13. EAJuggalo

Major World Series bat testing

This got posted by USSSA today. There are going to be a lot of bats getting cut open next week.
  14. EAJuggalo

Worlds at Space Coast

Who's playing at Worlds in FL, and what divisions? I'll be down umpiring D and E the 15th-18th.
  15. EAJuggalo

USSSA Umpire training videos

I was looking at the USSSA Live app and saw they had quite a few training videos by Jason Oberlag, multiple time umpire of the year and crew chief of last year's Major World Series. It's a worthwhile watch for anyone who plays or umpires USSSA. Hopefully I remember it all when my season starts...
  16. EAJuggalo

USSSA Doc's out as National UIC

Doc Beckwell has resigned as National Slowpitch UIC and UIC for Conference USSSA. I've been told that Eric "Slim" Rice of Ohio has accepted the positions.
  17. EAJuggalo

USSSA 2020 Rule Changes

New 2020 Rule book has been posted. A few big changes this year. Two rules from the Conference are now in the book for all of USSSA. The batter is not allowed to set up with their back foot in front of the plate. Any forward stride is allowed as long as the back foot is planted even or...
  18. EAJuggalo

New USSSA HR rules

Just announced at the National Convention. New home run rules forA, B, C, D and E. A goes from 8 to 10 B goes from 6 to 8 C goes to 5 with over the limit being outs D goes to 3, over the limit is inning ending E gets 1 with inning ending after that. No changes to Major at 16 and I can't even...
  19. EAJuggalo

ASA USA National School

Announced this week that USA is having a National Umpire School about an hour from me in February. Is it worth the $315 to attend the three days? I'm unsure if I'll even be able to work any USA tournaments next year since the only one I know I would is looking like it will be the same weekend...
  20. EAJuggalo

Looking for a team in Oshkosh, Appleton or somewhat close

Moved to Oshkosh last year from Minneapolis and am looking for a team to play on full time this year. I subbed once in Appleton but that was the only time I played last year. Can play anywhere but best on the corners, either infield or outfield. No real power but pretty good placement and a...