Search results

1. T

Knee Replacement

If both knees need to be replaced I would ask them to do them at the same time. My pops has both his replaced 5 or 6 years ago at the same time. The rehab is pretty much the same process for the single as it is for the double but it cuts down on rehab because you're only doing it once. So his...
  2. T

Calling on the SBF Brain Trust!

Where did you find a tourney in SoCal? I don't think league in Orange MLS is starting up anytime soon, they were trying to steer us to Anaheim but we're holding out hope Orange will start in the next month or so.
  3. T

Rodriguez Cutom Gloves??

I think they became MTZ gloves. At least they look very similar to my Rodriguez. The glove was decent enough for the money but I think there are way cleaner looking customs out there for a similar price.
  4. T

For Sale Rawlings PRO302CVDM with single post web swap - $140 - SOLD

Just wanted to send a shout out to mv-mkv. The glove was shipped same day I PayPal'd and arrived today. Glove is a beaut and it was even shipped it with a ball in the pocket. Super GTG don't hesitate to deal with him. Good luck to you and the wife and Happy Holidays!!!
  5. T

For Sale Rawlings PRO302CVDM with single post web swap - $140 - SOLD

Convo started. Let me know when you have a chance.
  6. T

Triple Plays

We had a 6-1-3 Triple Play in a game. Runners on 1st and 2nd no one out. Line drive to short, short flips to me covering second and I throw to first for the last out. We had 5 Double Plays and the TP in the 7 inning game and we still ended in a tie. I think we finished with 6 ties that...
  7. T

Middle Etiquette - League Play

I think a lot of people don't know better especially in lower level ball. They're just playing it like a baseball game. My wife was pitching in a super-rec coed game and some dude hit a shot at her, she knocked it down and threw him out but he put his head down and ran his ass off. She got him...
  8. T

Motivational Idea for my team

Its all fun and games until there is a fight over whether its a hit or you reached on an error.
  9. T

Stealth scn5, scn7, or scn9?

I think the SCN 5 and SCN 7 were the same bat. The SCN 7 was just a special colorway for a couple of big box stores so it was a little more rare. I preferred the SCN 5 because it got hotter a little quicker and felt a little more endloaded to me. It could all be in my head though lol.
  10. T

HR Prevention Ideas?

There is a park I play at that has the same issue. There are apartments behind left field (the field is 300ish at its shortest) with a 30 foot fence up. If you hit a homerun its 3 outs and they carry over so if you hit a ball out with 2 outs the inning is over and you start the next inning...
  11. T

Pitched ball bounces, hit back into fair territory. Called dead and a strike ?

Its probably a local league rule but if you hit a ball that bounces even if its before the plate its a dead ball out.
  12. T

Best single wall one piece metal bat??

There are several double walls on that list and I think I saw a couple of two piece bats too lol.
  13. T

"Divergence Barrel"

The Flippers have a composite barrel so unless your league has a wonky definition of "singlewall" the Flipper would be out. Our singlewall leagues have to be a singlewalled metal barrel and some allow two piece bats some do not. Your best bet is still the Demarini Steel series (Raw or White)...
  14. T

HEADS UP...eBay CODE TOMORROW

I picked up a few things and everything worked great.. Thanks for the heads up.
  15. T

SALOMON SPEEDCROSS SHOES

Just make sure they're legit shoes and not knock offs. There are a lot of fakes and those can be had on the bay for like $30-$40 bucks. I've tried the knock offs and the traction and fit are similar but the durability didn't seem as good as the real ones. At least on the pair I tired.
  16. T

For Sale Easton Loaded Slowpitch 13" Glove Deal

How is the hand stall on this glove? The last few Easton gloves I've tried on have really big hand and finger stalls and I'm not a fan of using a batting glove under the glove anymore? Thanks for looking.
  17. T

New to Cali, look for tram

Some of the city leagues have a free agent list. I know MLS and Irvine do you just need to contact the various league directors to get on them. You could also just show up on league nights and see if anyone is looking for a player. AMCOM and PSTS runs tournies in HB and I've seen plenty of...
  18. T

Tournament teams in Rec Leagues?

I've been in a few leagues where there are two or three dominant teams and then the rest. Not sure how many teams were in the league, but there were only enough for one division so they scheduled the better teams to play each other twice each and you only played the rec teams once each. At the...
  19. T

Force out ?

I think if he did it in that order two outs. If he stepped on third first and then applied the tag one out because the force is off at that point. Of course I'm just a layman lol.
  20. T

So I got a strawberry last Friday ...

I used to be like everyone else and think let it scab up and then in a month the scab will fall away and you're good as new. The problem is scabs slow the healing underneath. That is why that spot is so easy to bust open the next time you slide on it because its basically the same strawberry...