Search results

1. mattya420

The heart breaking moment when.....

You realize that next season your sons rep team that you're coaching is going to take up all your extra time and you won't be able to commit to your league team of 10 years :( I'm going to miss you softball
  2. mattya420

The heartbreak.....

When your first official "team" BP of the upcoming season gets cancelled because it's still snowing..... Southerner's looking to mock this thread with their nice warm weather and sunny days can stick that sumb1tch sideways. (In a nice way of course)
  3. mattya420

Favorite seed flavor?

Dill Pickle seem to dominate my team benches. I'm lovin' the Cracked Pepper though. Do you guys have "Spitz" brand seeds in the States?
  4. mattya420

Just can't pull the trigger

I should start off by saying that I'm not a bat ***** like a lot of you and I really hate paying over $250 for a new stick. I have last year's white DC41 and I love it. I can't see how the new DC or Freak Black will out perform it. I've been over to the store a couple times to look at the new...
  5. mattya420

Batting gloves or bare hands?

Anybody else like me and prefer to not wear batting gloves? Not sure if it's all mental or not but I feel I have a better grip/feel of the bat without them on. I know most people prefer to wear batting gloves all season but I only wear gloves when it's cold out. P.S. I also don't wear...
  6. mattya420

Swing critique

This is my second round of BP since October so be gentle. NOTE * I don't choose the music playing in the background.
  7. mattya420

Whn do you know you need to take a break from the game?

I've played ball competitively every year since I was 21. I'm 34 now and the injuries are starting to catch up to me. Can't bomb it in from the OF anymore without my fingers going numb and my shoulder feeling like it's going to explode. The pain and discomfort I can deal with. (Advil and...
  8. mattya420

26oz OG Z2K EL no QC?

I've been trying to sell my Z2K locally for a few months. There is no QC etched above the grip. I've had multiple people walk away from buying it because it's not there. Underneath the grip the date code isn't legible from the grip being changed a few times. Is there anyway for me to find out...
  9. mattya420

Black Psycho Supermax.....WINNER!!!

FINALLY got out for some BP yesterday afternoon. Took the wrapper off my new Psycho and hit 10-15 duds.....then the sound changed and it was a completely different bat. It is a very hot bat. The ball really explodes off the barrel and feels better with each swing. I was hitting them out of a...
  10. mattya420

Good Trade?

Thoughts on this trade please... I'd be receiving a 100 hit 28oz VX2 old paint, new stamp. For NIW 27oz Utrip Psycho EL (warranty replacement) I prefer 2 piece bats but I hear the new Psycho is pretty nice.
  11. mattya420

Miken Ink

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this bat. I have a 27oz that I like some days and other days not so much. I know a lot of people hate on Mikens of the last few years, but this bat is definitely hot, but very inconsistent for me.
  12. mattya420

ST100H break in period?

I keep reading that these things are great bats, the hype was so good I traded a RI Z2000 EL for one....bat supposedly had 100-150 hits on it when I got it and I've put another 150-200 on it in BP sessions....it just doesn't feel like its opened up. Hits sting and it sounds terrible when you hit...