Here she is! Spalding Pro Select

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
aca4hg.jpg

Any tips are welcomed and appreciated.. Sorry for the crap iphone photos

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like a couple extra knots but it looks good still. I like the pink. Surprised you did have to go full pink lace. Haha kinda makes me wants run pink lace in mine.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
With the big H-web and 54" lace pieces, might not have been enough to do the figure 8s to fill the holes. The extra piece is a good work around.

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
Not a fan. Looks more like they wanted to save a few bucks on their assembly line and punch holes on all their gloves to accommodate a basket web.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
That's exactly what they do, and I agree. But for a relace like Cy's, when there isn't enough lace to go through all the holes, it works.

Joker

be on the look out, mine will be on the move soon. i got a NWT 302HC that should be here today. its a much better backup

JJensen22

Extra Hitter
So what size Web did everyone get and how are they breaking in? Just picked up a 12.75 I'm going to web swap. And I'm curious if I should go 7.5x5.5 or 7.75x5.75

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I'd do the smaller of the two. It's easier to fudge 1/4" with some extra lace than to try to make a web that is too large fit.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It is hard to really visualize how much just an extra .25" adds to the pocket depth. I think 7.75"x5.5 would be a pretty good size on this glove. If you really want it to play way deep, ask for the top bar at 5.5 and the middle bar at 5.75" and then have them make it 8" long. The web will bow out a bit.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Both the 12.75" and the 13" I measured had 7.75" I-trap pieces. That being said, I think they built in some future bowing into them as they stick up past the thumb/index finger. So yeah, 7.5"x5.5" would give you a pretty wide web and 7.75" with a .25" wider middle bar than the top would give you a more pronounced basket.

JJensen22

Extra Hitter
what lace are you guys ordering? i know 1/4" is standard for webs, but it only comes in 54", won't i need 72" to do it all with one?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are ordering the web from Glovesmith (USASportsDirect), then ask if they can cut you a 72" piece of 1/4". I am going to bet they can since you are ordering the web. If you are ordering a standard H web or single post, even 66" should be long enough. If you get a double bar single post (so 4 horizontal bars total), then you need about 84" of lace to do it in one piece.

BassBlaster

Starting Player
These are still selling dirt cheap. I scored a 12 3/4" glove for $40 and a first base mitt for $34.88 last night. A glove and a mitt for less than 90 bucks shipped!!

Jomatty

Starting Player
Loving the look of the murdered out logos on the glove on the right!

I can never bring myself to black out logos because it kills the resale value but these are such deals I wouldn't feel as bad about it, and I agree that they look good. I've had a number of these go through my hands but still don't have any of my own and am not sure why.

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
I redid the web lace and cleaned it up a little but I'm really liking this glove. Breaking in nicely and the pattern is pretty nice. It's the 12" mod trap version.

Jomatty

Starting Player
How big is the hand stall in the 12 inch gloves. I'm looking for a glove for someone with xxl paws who doesn't like his current glove because it is too tight. The 12.75's and 13's I have had on seem to have about average to slightly large hand stalls. Are the 12's similar in that regard?

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
I have xl hands and it's comfortable. TIP was snug until I dunked it but that went away with a little work.