Juggernaut "rattle" insight.......

scottbilkovsky

Addicted to Softballfans
27 oz juggy

Had this bat for about a year and a half. about 600 hits on it or so. has very bad rattle. actually my teammates and I call it the rain stick. cause when you flip the bat upside down it sounds like little tiny pebbles rolling down the barrel. Great bat. Still hitting 350+ft with it. people look at me like im a cheater! HAHA no cheater here just smart in bat buying!!

BIG 3

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine got called out in a church league yesterday.............only has mayb 50 hits.................cheater........lol

vtw8lftr

Tight But Whole
I had two juggy's last year and after a ton of hits on both they never rattled... just bought two more this year and after 100 hits the one has the rainstick rattle. Teammate got up to bat yesterday and said to me "Is this thing supposed to rattle like this" at first I thought it was the foam (had a white steel do this) but instead when you turn it over it sounds like gravel rattling in the barrel. I might send it in but I doubt any ump in Vermont is going to look at my bats that closely.

tpriestman07

Addicted to Softballfans
I've got about 50 swings on my ASA RD28, noticed last night while cleaning some scuffs off it that it's got a slight rattle. Tonight's game got rained out :( , but the last time I used it the ball was carrying out on pop fly miss-hits, should I just not worry about it? Umps in my ASA league are morons and will let guys walk up there with OG boogers cause they are clueless, never seen one ask a guy about a rattle or anything like that.

Stenny17

$tenny17
I've got about 50 swings on my ASA RD28, noticed last night while cleaning some scuffs off it that it's got a slight rattle. Tonight's game got rained out :( , but the last time I used it the ball was carrying out on pop fly miss-hits, should I just not worry about it? Umps in my ASA league are morons and will let guys walk up there with OG boogers cause they are clueless, never seen one ask a guy about a rattle or anything like that.

you have nothing to worry about!

SH444

Addicted to Softballfans
My Juggernaut has a slight "grain of sand" rattle, how long will it last after hearing this, or does it matter on the batch of bats?? And once it cracks, is it possible to send it to get repaired even if its out of warranty??

snacks

It won't matter, the juggy is a tank. Btw sending it in to be fixed without being counted towards your warrenty is what this thread is all about.

Stratt

to many bats
I am sending mine back this week. Bat keeps getting kicked out of ASA league because of rattle. Will be asking for Jeff Monady morning.

dubcee

Coach
I have an 08 juggy that has the "rubber" like rattle right in sweet spot of the bat. Will they still fix it without a receipt?

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I just got one in trade, it does not sound like rain or small pieces it sounds like a piece of Urethane from the end cap pour that was on the wall of the bat has come loose. I have not hit it yet but I bet its gonna be hot

dish0005

'murica!
I just got one in trade, it does not sound like rain or small pieces it sounds like a piece of Urethane from the end cap pour that was on the wall of the bat has come loose. I have not hit it yet but I bet its gonna be hot

Yes, Buggs that Juggy is NICE!!!!

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I will get to use it Monday weather permitting unless the Creative10 crew call me to hit tomorrow. It would be nice to get to use it in BP to see how it actually hits and to get dialed in with it before games.

JuiceyJay

Three Six Mafia
It's not a juggy, but it almost sounds like a chunk came out of my phenix foam, maybe dime sized? Would it just get dumped out, cap put back on and sent back? I can feel it rattling around pretty good, it only feels like one chunk though

vandamc

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the same thing happening in my 06 White Steel. Is is it just the foam/glue in the barrel? A single wall metal doesn't really ever "open up" does it? (there is no waving or denting on the barrel yet btw)
Thanks for the info.

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I`ve got a rattle that sounds like a few pebbles are loose on my Geezer, but it`s only at the point where the taper meets the barrel.

Is this the typical foam rattle, or something else?

TIA.

T-StreetDrinker

Star Player
I am on my 4th Juggy - all 2nd batches...

1st - (28oz) 2k+ hits, no rattle at all amazingly...cracked (got a J2 for return) - thing was BLAZING HOT.

2nd - (27oz) got the sand/gravel rattle within 50 hits I kid you not, sent it in to DeMarini and they removed it (didnt have warranty or reciept).

3rd - (30oz) this one has about 300-400 swings on it right now, no rattle at all.

4th - (28oz) - # of swings unknown, has a rattle, sounds like a good chunk/piece of foam has broken off, cant feel it on every swing but when you do it feels like a lot more than just the sand/gravel rattle I experienced w/another bat. The bat is Hot though.

I just never know what to expect with these Juggys, but when they are broken in they mash.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
In most cases its not the foam rattling but the rubber goo that holds the foam in place at the sweetspot. There is some on taper side of foam and endcap side. This comes loose and the foam can slide up and down barrel. The type of foam used does not break it is soft and flexible.

HiloGuy808

<font color="#EE0000">SBF HAWAII SUPPORTER</font>
In most cases its not the foam rattling but the rubber goo that holds the foam in place at the sweetspot. There is some on taper side of foam and endcap side. This comes loose and the foam can slide up and down barrel. The type of foam used does not break it is soft and flexible.

the DOC in the house :D

Allday808

Coach
phenix foam loose

Im aware of the foam rattle in demarinis i have a Rd, had a Juggy and CF3, my Phenix which has around 200 hits on it sounds like the whole foam piece is loose. Any suggestions? Thanks board Bros!

chrisparks

Part Time Player
To many people swinging glass. I hate they think this is a way to detirmine if a bat is altered, but hell at least they make some attempt

mjross81

Surrounded by estrogen
To many people swinging glass. I hate they think this is a way to detirmine if a bat is altered, but hell at least they make some attempt

The ones swinging the glass though ain't gonna have the rattle since they know how to pop the cap and clean it out :rolleyes:

g_lightning

Addicted to Softballfans
Im aware of the foam rattle in demarinis i have a Rd, had a Juggy and CF3, my Phenix which has around 200 hits on it sounds like the whole foam piece is loose. Any suggestions? Thanks board Bros!

I've actually heard people say that taking out the foam will make the bat hotter...

Whatever truth there is to this.... I have no idea. Seems like just another form of cheating to me.

Menace7

EBAY LIGHT up in here !
The foam is only 2-3" long and is usually pressed all the way down into the taper of the bat