Juggernaut "rattle" insight.......

Laoch

Bearded. Drunk. Dominant.
When you guys get a rattle, which part of the bat specifically does it come from? Mine sounds like the glue from the end cap has settled in the sweet spot. No rain stick action only a parallel shake.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
When you guys get a rattle, which part of the bat specifically does it come from? Mine sounds like the glue from the end cap has settled in the sweet spot. No rain stick action only a parallel shake.

You're talking about the OG line, not the new stuff? The 2013+ Juggies don't get a foam rattle. The OGs would get a clunky rattle in the middle of the barrel when the foam broke loose. Sometimes the epoxy that holds the foam in place would break off too, causing the glue piece rattle. It wouldn't get the rain-stick rattle until the interior of the bat finally started to really break down. Foam/glue rattle is no big deal, just finally breaking in.

Laoch

I'm talking OG Juggernaut. I found a 3rd batch, in the wrapper, on ebay a few months ago. Put about 500 hits on it and it's loud AF.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
The epoxy holding the foam in place is what breaks apart & rattles, it's more of an annoyance than anything. The foam itself never breaks down & won't move, it's a really tough foam (more like foam rubber) that is tight in the barrel but that epoxy is above & below the foam so it can go on either side & sound like it's moving all the way up & down the barrel.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^i never opened mine up to see, but it sure sounded like a large chunk of the foam moving around inside. It'd move around for a while, get stuck and I wouldn't hear it for a bit, then it's break free again. And it was a soft thunk sound, along with a rattle of a hard piece of something (glue/epoxy) floating around. Eventually they'd have both types of debris inside the barrel (foam and epoxy). Had one that if you put it barrel down, you could hear the foam scratch and slide its way down the end cap slowly/softly. Put it handle down and the foam piece would make its way back to the middle of the barrel where the epoxy was still stuck to the walls. Wouldn't go past half way. Then it'd slide back down to the end cap. Was basically an end loaded Juggy.

Laoch

13394161_10207390339138122_6690090246825685922_n.jpg

This foam is dense. It sits in the sweet spot of the barrel. There is a line of glue from the handle to the foam. It keeps the foam from flying towards the end cap as well as a layer of glue on the end cap side of the foam. The rattle comes from the line of glue when it breaks free from the handle.

Last edited: