Minnesota Thread

mnballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Cinci: Smash It Sports
Firemen's Tier 1: T's
Firemen's Tier 2: TC8 Blasters
Firemen's Tier 3: who cares this should be "e"
(Jk that's just what we were told last yr )

Beauner

Starting Player
Cincy major: Smash It
Fireman's Tier 1: T's 13
Fireman's Tier 2: anarchy/smash it. I dunno who they are but they are Canadian so I figure they must not be terrible to drive down here to play.

Bell44

Addicted to Softballfans
Cincinnati: Smash It/Thunder/Backman/TDB/Miken
Firemen's Tier 1: T's 13/Monsta
Firemen's Tier 2: Showbombs

Chembry

Addicted to Softballfans
Cincinnati: Resmondo
Firemen's Tier 1: T's 13/Monsta/Ductec
Firemen's Tier 2: TC8 Blasters

I was seriously considering Anarchy/Smash It. As Beauner says, they are coming from Canada and must not be too bad.

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
You dont want to play on the st. Boni. Flds.. those are terrible.
I like them better actually, only one game to worry about instead of 3, dangerous playing the outfield when your 40 ft from the other games inf. Dred is nice compared to the open fields

wildthing81

I just hope we win the first game so we can move over to Dred Scott and the fenced fields. This tier 3 thing is for the birds.
Never liked tier 3 in all honesty, playing open fields every game back in the day is no fun, even the championship game we played in, open field, fielders from other games playing in front of you, I remember one time in the outfield, myself and Mike Chamblerlin were playing two different games on two different field yet here i was in front of him and he was in front of me. "i'll tell you if a play is coming our way and you tell me". The church fields are terrible, pine tree and parking lot in play? Back stop, dug out fencing in play on the other field, I enjoy the firemens tourney but snow fences need to happen on the school and church fields JMO.

wildthing81

He had a meltdown after he got ejected and acted like a dip****.
I cant really comment on what happened at the smokies, but what I can tell you is Andy off the field is a great guy very nice person. A few years ago I wanted to improve my pitching technique, get tips on a knuckleball ect. I reached out to Andy an told him what I wanted to improve upon ect. He gave me his phone number said call him any time I was in florida to get work in or had questions. Over the course of the season he provided a lot of incite to me, after my team was knocked out of the Columbus Major, I stayed around to watch him play. After the game in a tourney he was still playing in, he gave me about 35-45 mins of time, talking about general pitching philosophies, threw some pitches so he could see my form ect. I also met up with him when I went to A worlds later in the season. He was very gracious with his time. I don't condone what happened on the field, just wanted people to have another perspective of him as well.

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
Never liked tier 3 in all honesty, playing open fields every game back in the day is no fun, even the championship game we played in, open field, fielders from other games playing in front of you, I remember one time in the outfield, myself and Mike Chamblerlin were playing two different games on two different field yet here i was in front of him and he was in front of me. "i'll tell you if a play is coming our way and you tell me". The church fields are terrible, pine tree and parking lot in play? Back stop, dug out fencing in play on the other field, I enjoy the firemens tourney but snow fences need to happen on the school and church fields JMO.
I've never played at this church field before. We'll see how it goes, I guess. I signed up for tier 2 like we have always played (and never done well), but were put in tier 3. We have a couple guys that had mentioned that we should try 3, so I didn't make a fuss when I saw it. Hopefully this is the only year we play tier 3, and next year we can go back to tier 2 so we can at least start on a fenced field.

I play in the OF, so I stand out there and watch both games at the same time, and talk to the other OF. It'd be nice to have some temp fences, but I doubt anywhere is donating them. I do wonder what the cost would be to get them put up, and if they could find somebody to sponsor the fences, at least on the 4 fields that the mens tourney uses. It'd be hard with the ones that the women and coed use, because those fields are so close.

I cant really comment on what happened at the smokies, but what I can tell you is Andy off the field is a great guy very nice person. A few years ago I wanted to improve my pitching technique, get tips on a knuckleball ect. I reached out to Andy an told him what I wanted to improve upon ect. He gave me his phone number said call him any time I was in florida to get work in or had questions. Over the course of the season he provided a lot of incite to me, after my team was knocked out of the Columbus Major, I stayed around to watch him play. After the game in a tourney he was still playing in, he gave me about 35-45 mins of time, talking about general pitching philosophies, threw some pitches so he could see my form ect. I also met up with him when I went to A worlds later in the season. He was very gracious with his time. I don't condone what happened on the field, just wanted people to have another perspective of him as well.
I was watching the games on my phone when he had his meltdown, and it's as bad as any meltdown I've seen, minus the ones where someone actually gets hit. The problem for him is that's what everybody sees, and not the part where he's showing guys knuckleballs and being a solid guy. Maybe he'll be one of those guys that, once he stops playing, people start to forget about his antics on the field and are able to see that he's solid off the field.

leib0039

I don't know its the fields that are the issue at ST Bon, its that the bases always seem to be out or not anchored. 2nd base on the West field at St Bonnie is almost always a disaster, just spins and pops out all game. We have played there 4-5 times and that is always the case, otherwise its just open like VV, pine trees really aren't in play unless you really get into one.

Would be nice if Dred was just open Sunday's so those fields could be used.

zuno17

aka -- pont22
I still have sour feelings for going undefeated two years in a row, then Sunday you get placed on an open field.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
People complain about the open fields every year and it's never been an issue when I've played. It's Firemen's. There is zero on the line. I've never seen an injury from outfielders colliding. Most are good about being aware.

Beauner

Starting Player
MN USA softball should buy some temp fences and use them at Corky's and Fireman's. Get rid of the snow fences on most of the outer fields in Owatonna and use temp fences (Eastview Athletic Association uses them for 14-15 year old state tournaments for traveling baseball, stake them down and leave them for the weekend, then pull them up and stack em back together when you're done).

Yoke

Too sweeeeeeeet
People complain about the open fields every year and it's never been an issue when I've played. It's Firemen's. There is zero on the line. I've never seen an injury from outfielders colliding. Most are good about being aware.
I don't like that I have to jog so far to my position. I should have practiced infield more growing up.