Pitchers, when is it enough?

Raider4Life

The Sexy Veteran
sad part is i'm welcome in the lounge and not there...you're not welcome there, and you are allowed in...

so when was the last time you pitched?

Early May...last time I played...I got hurt...had surgery...coming off the IR in October...I can post where ever I want because I'm not a newb like you :p

arod3776

ElitePlatinumMember
That's the way the game should be played u hit at my pitcher imma hit at urs u don't like it then u go pitch n I'll go pitch we can hit at eachother

thats what the guys were saying to each other when then benches cleared during the game i watched...

AJ22

Super Moderator
how is this the baseball mentatlity?

Throwing at a batter and hitting middle for a base hit are not even close to the same thing. You sound like the same idiot that goes in hard to break up a double play in rec coed. If you have a problem fielding your position that it bothers you that much, move to outfield or catcher.

Or the same ________ trying to get post count for the lounge.

Isn't it obvious ? Posting in the lounge is important (to some) ... not sure why.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans

Or the same ________ trying to get post count for the lounge.

Isn't it obvious ? Posting in the lounge is important (to some) ... not sure why.

i know right...i never knew this world existed until today...it's so much better than i expected...one recommendation though - it would be nice to have the sports section open to post in, even if the lounge isn't...you ever get to the lax area for tourneys?

AJ22

Super Moderator
See, I'm not bitching about the hot grounders or liners to my sides. I'm talking about pull hitters intentionally closing stances and golfing pitches towards my face and knees. It's a load of **** and everyone knows it.

And I have no problem fielding any of these. What I'm getting pissed about is no one backing me up. I don't yell at my guys to shoot middle, it should be understood that you need to protect your pitcher, and you can only do that in SP by retaliation.

GOTCHA ...

If the bold red above is your true take on this, then why bother posting this ? You claim you are not bitching and you claim you have no problem ... then why are you bitching and complaining about your teammates when you aren't supposedly bitching or complaining ?

BROE

Addicted to Softballfans
The only few times that I really shot middle hard was before I realized about how the lower outside pitched go straight there. I have not done it since. Some people take this game way to seriously. I only play coed rec mind you, so I guess if it is a super comp. mens league, middle may come into play. I just don't like seeing women or seniors on the mound taking line shots to the face.

thekoo

The Veteran
GOTCHA ...

If the bold red above is your true take on this, then why bother posting this ? You claim you are not bitching and you claim you have no problem ... then why are you bitching and complaining about your teammates when you aren't supposedly bitching or complaining ?

Again, the problem is my team not backing me up when it's intentional.

huzzdog

retired
fyi for those who say playing 5man prevents middle. not true. I pitch exclusively in a 5 man and its not because i can't field it. Last game i pitched was in va at the asa c east national and in a 5 man, i had at least 8 scary shots hit by me in the last game when we got beat. I expect it and played ss in the c and b level until this year and i couldn't react in time. to say field it is crazy, sometimes the ball is hit to hard. I know when I play against the 5man i shoot middle opposite the 5 man everytime i need a hit. sometimes it gets close to the pitcher. wear gear, it sucks but it's the state of the game

AJ22

Super Moderator
i know right...i never knew this world existed until today...it's so much better than i expected...one recommendation though - it would be nice to have the sports section open to post in, even if the lounge isn't...you ever get to the lax area for tourneys?

I come to LaCrosse twice a year ...

Oktoberfest and the first weekend in November for the LaCrosse Singles at ALL-STAR LANES.

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
I come to LaCrosse twice a year ...

Oktoberfest and the first weekend in November for the LaCrosse Singles at ALL-STAR LANES.

i try avoiding oktoberfest living here...i've been to the singles at all star lanes, but it's been awhile back...you should try some of the tourneys like the sunfish days one around memorial day.

AJ22

Super Moderator
i try avoiding oktoberfest living here...i've been to the singles at all star lanes, but it's been awhile back...you should try some of the tourneys like the sunfish days one around memorial day.

Avoiding Oktoberfest the sameway I avoid Cheesedays here in town this weekend ..

Sunfish days ? Softball ? We only drive 3 hours plus for State and/or Nationals for softball ...

Ugh, why even bother. Read the original post.

?????????????????

:D

SlushyBOB

Noodle Arm
Its funny, but when I pitch and someone hits middle I never say anything, especially if we are winning. I actually tend to get more angry if I feel like the other team is intentionally trying to hit the pitcher and I'm playing a different position. When I'm pitching though it doesn't seem to bother me as much.

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
If you pitched different locations behind the plate, depending on the batter's stance, how many shots really go back up middle?

TastySalami

Addicted to Softballfans
Its funny, but when I pitch and someone hits middle I never say anything, especially if we are winning. I actually tend to get more angry if I feel like the other team is intentionally trying to hit the pitcher and I'm playing a different position. When I'm pitching though it doesn't seem to bother me as much.

Agree. I would get more pissed if someone went up on a teammate.

huzzdog

retired
If you pitched different locations behind the plate, depending on the batter's stance, how many shots really go back up middle?

as many as guys choose to hit. Sometimes its just the easiest place to get a hit. The higher the stakes.. ie. world tourney, the more I expect

Moose40

I make turtles look fast
With me being an inferior D league pitcher, if a guy stands on top of the plate and you pitch him inside, is he really going to be able to adjust quickly enough to send one up the box? Not being a smart aleck, seriously asking, because my thoughts are 90% of middle shots come from pitching a guy over the middle of the plate to just outside of middle of plate.

just moonshots!

2 out nightmare
i pitch and hit middle myself when its needed. i usually tell my guys dont worry about it til it gets too obvious. i can hit the 1-6 hole pretty consistant and even get a little close to the mound but thats as far as i go to send the message. if the other team wants to keep going then i start hitting the low liners at the feet just over the rubber.

teddersx6

Go Pack Go!!!!!!
With me being an inferior D league pitcher, if a guy stands on top of the plate and you pitch him inside, is he really going to be able to adjust quickly enough to send one up the box? Not being a smart aleck, seriously asking, because my thoughts are 90% of middle shots come from pitching a guy over the middle of the plate to just outside of middle of plate.

Good enough hitters can hit any pitch anywhere, I play B, and I've had guys that send inside pitches in on the hands, up the box. Or inside pitches, and punchin judy to oppo

Bon

Addicted to Softballfans
Good enough hitters can hit any pitch anywhere, I play B, and I've had guys that send inside pitches in on the hands, up the box. Or inside pitches, and punchin judy to oppo

how do you handle it - do you get pissed, send some back at them when you bat, or ignore it?

huzzdog

retired

from my experience, and i've only pitched this year, but I've played b/c tourney ball mi for 10. it really doesn't matter where I pitch the ball, it matters what the situtation is. Guy's on 1st and 2nd no outs I expect push pull. nobody on first i'm on alert. the worst ones are when its a hr spot to a hr hitter and he makes a mistake and rolls it over. with todays technology every pitch has a chance to hit you. I'm always ready and i've still been dotted a few times this year.