Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
I am shutting it down until Jan...My shoulder has been killing me and I want to rest it...See ya in 2013 Boyz!!!

Errrr....I mean....2012

Last edited:

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Wish I would have stopped by PIAS on my way TO Millbrook today...would love to have swung my "new" bat. Picked it up tonight!

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Had to drive to 4 different fields, but eventually started back at the one closest to my house and waited on someone else to finish up. The nice weather had people flocking to the parks.

Why do people still think it's OK to walk their dogs on the ballfields, when there are very visible signs telling them not to? I had a family and two dogs try to take over the field I was on yesterday. I kept right on going, and they eventually got the message...."we're gonna get hurt" and left! I was about to say something "not so nice" but as they left they apologized.

Who'sOnFirst

Extra Hitter
Headed home from Florida Thursday, all this warm weather has given me an itch to play.

This thread has been extremely quiet lately, anybody doing anything? Not sure what the forecast is in Raleigh but I need to hit. Outdoors, indoors, doesn't matter.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I've been going out to hit off the tee when it's close to or over 60*. Of course the fields near here are all covered in dog **** right now and the infield was a mucked up mess of paw prints where someone let their dogs play on a muddy infield. These dog people are really starting to piss me off.

mcmaggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Kahuna, what fields are you hitting on? Ive been to Worthdale, Saunderford, and Millbrooke and they all seem to be pretty good. As far as the dog people, I just walk right out and start hitting. I dont even say anything except for "heads up", when I hit it near them.

Saturday looks to be a nice day for some BP. Anybody down for Carolina Pines, since they have a screen, say noon?

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
My 1st choice is usually Baileywick. It's a well maintained 300' baseball field. They also have a 250' softball field, but I rarely ever use it. Especially for tee work, as I can easily hit out of the girls field! ;)

My 2nd choice is Honeycutt, simply because it's the 2nd closest to my house. Another nicely maintained 300' baseball field. But I will go to Millbrook and even Cedar Hills sometimes. Cedar Hills is NOT maintained for baseball. I think it gets used more for flag football, so the infield is usually crap. But the outfield is decent and the fence is 325!

I might be up for some Saturday BP. I REALLY need to hit some pitches and not just off the tee!