Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, we'd prefer ASA rules. Looks like Raleigh is having registrations in about a week. How do they check the residency thing? Based upon the address on your license or what?

they dont really check. They just go off the addresses you put down on the form. Just be sure the address in Raleigh you put down as being yours for the manager you can actually receive mail there as thats where they will send you stuff too.

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Depends on what you're looking for. Raleigh Park and Rec is probably the largest league in the area but are under ASA rules. Im on two teams out there.

Garner has a Utrip league which is very competitive, probably the best league ball around (at least it was two years ago when I played out there).

Ive sub'd in Cary and Apex and they seem to have good programs and fields but not quite as good as Raleigh.

Havent played in Durham, but Ive heard some okay things about the league. 280' fences with Utrip rules but that league is in N. Durham.

haha WOW!!! scores in the 30s every game lol

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Friday is looking like the best weather day....Sunday is supposed to be cold and wet. Maybe Saturday if we can find a field?

ar2x7

Substance & Style
early.... if you are in and bring a screen we could creech, just would rather do pines because of the screen

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I can do 10:00 am but have to leave by 11:45.....or I can do later around 1:00pm. I can bring the screen....but the difference in drives from Carolina Pines to Creech isn't substantial for me. We'll lose more balls down the hill at Creech though! ;)

Of course I would petition for Millbrook....but I know you won't drive that far!

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Guess we'll have to see how long this rain lasts. Earlier they said a 20% chance of scattered sprinkles, but it's raining pretty good up here by Falls Lake.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
If the south side didn't get much rain...I can be at Carolina Pines around 10:30. I actually have to run to Clayton in the AM...so I'll be coming through there anyhow.

Oppo 23

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a group of guys hitting at Carolina pines today. 3:45-4ish, anyone welcome to come get some swings in

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a group of guys hitting at Carolina pines today. 3:45-4ish, anyone welcome to come get some swings in

haha funny when we got there at 1pm today the guys there left and said they would be back round 3pm to hit then. We ended up leaving right before then anyway...

Last edited:

Oppo 23

Addicted to Softballfans
haha funny when we got there at 1pm today the guys there left and said they would be back round 3pm to hit then. We ended up leaving right before then anyway...

You didn't miss much, the infield was a swamp. We hit anyway, to get ready for a tournament today. It was cancelled too, scrimmage at millbrooke today. 1 pm