Raleigh/wakeforest nc area

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
I am still in for Tuesday morning or early to mid afternoon anywhere within an hour of Raleigh for some BP...

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
What organizations run softball leagues around Wake County? Is it just city run leagues or are there others? I'm currently playing in the RTP league, but would like to play in the Raleigh area.

Cactus

What organizations run softball leagues around Wake County? Is it just city run leagues or are there others? I'm currently playing in the RTP league, but would like to play in the Raleigh area.

ASA in wake county with their league ball.....

im putting a competitive team in their league in the fall and next spring

36yroldRookie

Starting Player
I live in Bedord Falls in north Raleigh. I moved here from Florida in January. I am looking to hit some BP and do some fielding if anyone is interested. I have another boddy who would also be interested.

I played on a church team in Vero Beach, FL a couple seasons last year and it was a blast. It was not a church league...we were the only church in the competitive Mens league. Before last year, I would have never thought I would be itching to play softball. :)

BTW...One of my neighbors told me there is a team in Bedford called the Bulls...I put a feeler out to see if they may have an opening. I think they play in the G division at Millbrook Exchange park. If anyone lives in Bedford or knows someone on that team, please PM me with contact details. Thanks.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
A few people from my RTP team are meeting Sunday at the RTP fields around 1:00 for BP. Institution Dr near intersection of Davis and Cornwallis.

I'm open to tonight or Saturday as well.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I'd like to get on a team for fall if anyone has any openings on E league or worse! ;)

Just started playing (after a layoff of about 16-17 years), and would like to play more. I primarily pitch, could also catch. Would play elsewhere in a pinch if needed. I hope to get a lot better with some more games under my belt and some more practice. Team I'm with now plays once a week and doesn't practice unless I organize something, then only a handful of the best players show. Personally, I'd not only benefit from more time on the field, I enjoy it. Not overly serious, I like to win, but I like too have fun. I don't intend to ever treat rec league softball as a life or death situation. Keep me in mind if you know if a team with a vacancy.

Cactus

Raleigh, NC and Rolesville, NC.....Were putting a competitive team together for weekend tournaments and Summer/Fall league....email/pm me for details.
im not on here everyday so be patient if i dont get back with you right away...

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Can anybody recommend a league in the Raleigh area. It seems there are more than I originally thought. I just got back into playing, in the RTP league. But would really like to get out of that league and into something in Raleigh. Willing to play co-ed or mens, but think I'd like to play just mens next. Probably E level or rec ball for a season or two at least. Anyone got anything?

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
I went out and watched some playoff games from their summer league. And I thought the RTP fields were bad!

They had 5 teams in the division I saw. One really good team, and 4 mediocre teams.

Been seeing teams practicing over at Cedar Hills in the evenings. I need to hook up with some people in my neck of the woods for practices.

There's been a tourny team practicing/taking BP over at Baileywick recently.

bpierce208

Addicted to Softballfans
you guys should find a league with mike hastings...he'll probably end up stealing your money like he did mine.

TheBigKahuna

The Veteran
Do any leagues run over the winter months around here? Looks like a lot of fall leagues wrap up before November. Do they all shut down for winter?

jwslaugh

Addicted to Softballfans
Dunno of any round here either. If you find any or get up with a team id deff be down to play here if your lookin for any extra.

Psycho

Addicted to Softballfans
My Fall Ball season started tonight and ends in early Novemebr, but we BP all winter long here in Smithfield.